Let Us Confess!

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

Divine Insight
Savant

Let Us Confess!

Post #1

Post by Divine Insight »

Let's imagine an omnipotent God with whom all things are possible.

This God can do anything, he's omnipotent, omniscient and even omnipresent. He knows every thought of every human mind. He knows the intention and the motivation behind every thought that every human ever has.

He can intervene in human lives at any moment he so desires. He can magically heal the sick. He can cast evil spirits out of people. He can appear before them at any moment as a burning bush, a talking cloud, or even as a vision in their mind of a risen Christ standing right before them in the flesh as a human form.

There is nothing he cannot do.

So why then are there any evil people at all? :-k

If a person is evil because they are possessed by an evil spirit all this God needs to do is cast this unwanted evil spirit out of them. And then we have the question of why a human would need to be possessed by an evil spirit in the first place? Aren't humans capable of just being evil themselves?

If a person is possessed by an evil spirit, are they an "innocent person" who has been possessed by an evil spirit thus violating their free will? Of are only evil people possessed by evil spirits? And if the latter, then why would it be necessary for an evil spirit to possess a person who is already evil on their own? :-k

Was Mary Magdalene an evil person? And if not, then why was she possessed by no less than seven evil demons? If Mary Magdalene was an innocent person, then why did this omnipotent God ever allow these evil demons to possess her in the first place? :-k

Also, if a decent healthy person is not evil, then surely an evil person is mentally ills and sick. Why wouldn't this God just heal these mentally ill evil people.

Let Us Confess:

This entire religious paradigm makes no sense. There is no reason why a truly omnipotent God who can heal the sick and cast out evil demons would not do so for everyone from the very first moment they displayed the mental illness acting on evil thoughts, or being possessed by a demon.

The idea that an omnipotent God would just allow people to fall into the sickness of mental illness and evil and then cast those sick people into a state of eternal damnation like as if it was their fault makes no sense at all.

This religion is clearly a man-made collection of very poorly thought-out superstitions.

Any God who could not heal the mentally ill and evil people of the world cannot be said to be omnipotent. We could never say that "With this God all things are possible", because nothing could be further from the truth.

A God who can't heal the mentally ill is clearly not omnipotent and there would be at least this one thing that this God could not do. And having even one thing that he cannot do destroys the claim that he's omnipotent or that "With God all things are possible".

How is it that Jesus could case evil demons out of people, but this Almighty God cannot? In fact, if this Almighty God is omnipresent why is he allowing evil demons to possess people in the first place?

If this God can appear to people as a burning bush, a talking cloud, a talking animal, or as a vision of Jesus, then why doesn't he appear before everyone the very moment they have the motivation to act on an evil thought? Just think of the suffering and evil deeds he could prevent. He could save countless millions of people from unneeded suffering, whilst simultaneously healing the sick of their mental illness of evil motivations.

Let Us Confess:

This religion makes no sense. This religion just tries to pin the blame for mental imperfections on humans all the while proclaiming that its God is "Holier than Thou". But the God of this religion wouldn't be holy at all. He would necessarily need to be completely inept. Totally unable to even heal people of unhealthy thoughts and motivations.

We even have human psychologists who have a better track record of healing people who have had unhealthy motivations. Yet this religion demands that their God can't even do that well. It even causes us to view some people as being "evil" instead of viewing them as being in need of psychological help.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Monta
Guru

Re: Let Us Confess!

Post #11

Post by Monta »

[Replying to Divine Insight]

"That's just an underhanded cult tactic. If you refuse to just accept everything I say without question, or if you dare to "debate" it I'll simply proclaim you to be an evil person who hates God.

That's the HALLMARK of an underhanded cult. There is no level they won't stoop to in an effort to belittle and accuse those who refuses to just shut up and do as they are told without questioning the authority of the cultist. "

This is a typical attack on those who believe in something what accusors do not see or because of overinflated ego are unable to see.
The language lacks any sense of charity I suppose not to be expected as there is no higher teaching for them to learn from.

gordsd
Apprentice

Post #12

Post by gordsd »

[Replying to Divine Insight]
Not only that, but Paul also claims that those who "did not like to retain God in their knowledge" were given over to a reprobate mind and that the qualities and character traits that he listed are those of these people who have chosen to "not retain God in their knowledge".
Well, he does write that, but, to be fair, the purpose of the letter is focused on those in Rome who are blinded by their own religeous/spiritual pride. The thrust of the passage you quote comes later in 2:1 "You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things." He is saying that those in Rome who have a habit of judging others are given over to a reprobate mind as well or more so. Because of that, it seems to Paul that those in Rome have missed the point. Although I certainly do not agree with what Paul writes about homosexuality, I do agree that a establishing one's own righteousness by living by the law (any law) and using that to condemn others is a terrible practice which causes people to be narrow minded and, for a lack of a better term: spiritually blind.

Monta
Guru

Post #13

Post by Monta »

[Replying to gordsd]

"Although I certainly do not agree with what Paul writes about homosexuality, I do agree that a establishing one's own righteousness by living by the law (any law) and using that to condemn others is a terrible practice which causes people to be narrow minded and, for a lack of a better term: spiritually blind."

Perhaps our countries' laws should be abolished.

gordsd
Apprentice

Post #14

Post by gordsd »

[Replying to Monta]
Perhaps our countries' laws should be abolished.
Laws and incarceration are about protecting our communities from hurtful people. But just because someone lives within the law does not make them good. An example is contracts. Just because someone is fooled into a contractual agreement--a bad and unjust contract--does not make either good. Many people have been taken advantage of by contracts, and many people are taken advantage of within the law. We do need laws, but just because someone is within the law does not make them good. But many think they're Ok if they can rip someone off within the law!

Further, a prominent teaching of Paul is close to anarchist thought: there is no law against love (Gal. 3:22-23). The point is that goodness goes further than the law.

Monta
Guru

Post #15

Post by Monta »

[Replying to gordsd]

"Although I certainly do not agree with what Paul writes about homosexuality, I do agree that a establishing one's own righteousness by living by the law (any law) and using that to condemn others is a terrible practice which causes people to be narrow minded and, for a lack of a better term: spiritually blind."

Thst's confusing.
I suppose in your world see nothing, hear nothing;
murder is alright,
rape is alright?

gordsd
Apprentice

Post #16

Post by gordsd »

[Replying to post 15 by Monta]

I am not talking about a court of law. We are talking about how we see other people that understand morality and religion differently.

Escobar
Banned
Banned

Post #17

Post by Escobar »

[Replying to post 1 by Divine Insight]

You can confess to all that bs if you want to but that doesn't change the fact that I understand how we're created.

Peds nurse
Site Supporter

Post #18

Post by Peds nurse »

[Replying to post 17 by Escobar]

:warning: Moderator Warning

Hello Escobar!! I understand that you are new to this forum. I have seen your posts on a couple of other threads, so I thought perhaps a warning was in order instead of a mere comment.

On this particular debating forum, we (with great pride), strive to debate religion and our differences with the utmost respect and kindness. We don't usually agree with each other (it's a debating forum), but we can debate those differences with evidence supporting our claims, rather than opinions that are unkind and don't advance the debate. In the future, please debate the topics, and leave critical remarks out.

Thanks

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Escobar
Banned
Banned

Post #19

Post by Escobar »

[Replying to post 18 by Peds nurse]

There is no evidence that God and his voice exists within the simulation program we're involved in. It's impossible for any religious person or scientist to have any viable evidence to support their claims. The only evidence they have is subjective opinions that come from the created senses of a man. I don't use opinions when I speak or write every word for God.

You can keep moderating every post I make for God but the only evidence I have that He and his voice exists are my posts. There is no other evidence on the whole earth to prove that I hear and obey his voice at all times. I'm not your average religious man or pretend-to-be scientist in this forum. In fact, there hasn't been anyone like me in the past 1700 years who was used by God to testify to this knowledge about us living in a computer generated program with artificial intelligence and a voice that can speak into our minds.