Should the next president be a woman?

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Should the next president be a woman?

Post #1

Post by 2Dbunk »

Quote by agnosticatheist in the Househusbands thread, post #13, Science and Religion. (I refer you there for a running brouhaha on the contradiction below:)

I believe that men and women are equal.

With that said...I think that generally, women still are not cut out for the workplace.

2Dbunk said in reply:

Are not those two sentences contradictory?

Former Prime Minister Thatcher and Germany's Angela Merkel are examples of what women are capable of achieving. I find it interesting that the next president of the USA may well be a woman. Carly Fiorina v. Hillary Clinton could well be the opposing candidates.
The question for debate: Is the United States ready to elect a woman as president? To avoid the running war of words in househusbands thread (Science and Religion), try to be objective, un-repetitive and less emotional. Statistics would be nice if available.

KenRU
Guru

Re: Should the next president be a woman?

Post #41

Post by KenRU »

2Dbunk wrote: [Replying to post 36 by KenRU]

Which devil can make the government work again (especially if she wins the house and senate in this debacle of an election)?
I'm not sure the "work" you reference is wholly something I would call a good thing.
Hopefully one house will be enough.
Perhaps. Perhaps not.
Trump has alienated congressional men and women from both parties and, if president, he may take the unprecedented step of abolishing the two houses (with the blessing of many people in this country), if they won't give him what he wants.
Democrats did things very similar during W's years (though I admit not to the same degree).
Shades of the Third Reich are on the horizon.
Despite my contempt for both presidential candidates, I am not a doom and gloom subscriber. The country will survive.

Like I said earlier, I hope I am wrong (that both will make horrible presidents).

=All the best
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." -Steven Weinberg

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #42

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 40 by KenRU]
Quote:

Despite my contempt for both presidential candidates, I am not a doom and gloom subscriber. The country will survive.
Like I said in "HAWKING ON TRUMP" It is scary that Trump is being cozy with Putin, a dictator in everyway but name, antagonizing neighboring countries just to raise his political star with his own people. Hitler did the same thing in the 1930s for economic reasons. History is a stern taskmaster!
What good is truth if its value is not more than unproven, handed-down faith?

One believes things because one is conditioned to believe them. -Aldous Huxley

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.

KenRU
Guru

Post #43

Post by KenRU »

2Dbunk wrote: [Replying to post 40 by KenRU]
Quote:

Like I said in "HAWKING ON TRUMP" It is scary that Trump is being cozy with Putin, a dictator in everyway but name, antagonizing neighboring countries just to raise his political star with his own people. Hitler did the same thing in the 1930s for economic reasons. History is a stern taskmaster!
I agree that those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. But Republicans thought the country would come to an end (as they know it) when Obama was elected (twice) and it didn't. I see no reason why if Trump were elected it will cease to exist (as I know it) either. Sometimes paranoia is just that, paranoia.

But who know, I could be wrong. It isn't paranoia when they really are coming to get you, lol.

-all the best
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." -Steven Weinberg

Talishi
Guru

Post #44

Post by Talishi »

Tired of the Nonsense wrote: Republicans in fact introduced impeachment articles against Obama in the House of Representatives:
ARTICLE 1 – Usurpation of the Oval Office via criminal identity fraud (Birther charges)
And the main cheerleader for questioning the citizenship of the first US President of African descent wonders why he's polling at near zero among African Americans.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #45

Post by Elijah John »

Talishi wrote:
Tired of the Nonsense wrote: Republicans in fact introduced impeachment articles against Obama in the House of Representatives:
ARTICLE 1 – Usurpation of the Oval Office via criminal identity fraud (Birther charges)
And the main cheerleader for questioning the citizenship of the first US President of African descent wonders why he's polling at near zero among African Americans.
That is not a racial issue, as much as some try to make it one. Is EVERY quesitoning of Obama, his positions, his origins or his policies to be put off-limits as "racist"?

I don't see it.

Yes, now it is pretty well established that Obama was born in Hawaii, even Trump admits that.

But the fact that Obama was born to a foreign father, was raised in Indonesia, has nothing to do with race, but perhaps his "Americanism" .At time before it was proven otherwise one could raise reasonable questions about his place of birth.

I think it was a Harvard magazine bio, that listed Obama's place of birth as "Kenya".

If you must, one can perhaps call Trump "xenophobic", but not racist based on the "birther" questioning.

Remember, Trump also raised questions about Ted Cruz citizenship...was that racist too?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #46

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to Elijah John]

il
Yes, now it is pretty well established that Obama was born in Hawaii, even Trump admits that.
And after he admitted it in 2011 He continued to rant about it 'til now (seven days ago).
But the fact that Obama was born to a foreign father, was raised in Indonesia, has nothing to do with race, but perhaps his "Americanism" .At time before it was proven otherwise one could raise reasonable questions about his place of birth.
Analysts after last night's debate indicate otherwise.
I think it was a Harvard magazine bio, that listed Obama's place of birth as "Kenya".

Enough to start/fuel a rumor -- Lardy, may it not be true!
If you must, one can perhaps call Trump "xenophobic", but not racist based on the "birther" questioning.
Is there a difference?
Remember, Trump also raised questions about Ted Cruz citizenship...was that racist too?
In a way, yes. Cruz being Hispanic was a Freudian target.

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #47

Post by myth-one.com »

2Dbunk wrote:Should the next president be a woman?
Not according to Republicans.

Their "leader" stated that Hillary Clinton "doesn't look presidential."

All past presidents have been men.

Off course she doesn't look presidential.

She's a woman!

Should women who "know their place" in the USA vote for the Republican candidate?

Being a man, at the least he "looks presidential."

Talishi
Guru

Post #48

Post by Talishi »

[Replying to post 46 by myth-one.com]

Sometimes the best man for the job is a woman.
Thank you for playing Debating Christianity & Religion!

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #49

Post by myth-one.com »

Talishi wrote: [Replying to post 46 by myth-one.com]

Sometimes the best man for the job is a woman.
Especially this time!!

Anytime is a good time to fight prejudice.

Women don't look presidential?

Now is a good time for all women to come to the aid of their country!

The nation especially needs you now!

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #50

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to myth-one.com]

Now that candidate Trump has lowered the bar for being president of the U.S. to that sexual assault is okay, what more can we expect? Now he pledges he will be a better man! We've seen his betterness over the past months!

After he had been apprised of national defense issues, he still is in denial that Russia (Putin) is trying to influence U..S. elections (he's an okay guy). Perhaps H. L. Menken's prophecy of the American electorate "someday electing a downright idiot to the highest office in the land" is DANGEROUSLY close.