Tampons

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

bluethread
Savant

Tampons

Post #1

Post by bluethread »

There is an article on the examiner.com blog about a woman who ran a marathon without a tampon, or anything other than standard running cloths. The article stated:

"Ordinarily, the sight of a woman on her period having an "accident," is embarrassing -- and uncomfortable to watch. However, this runner deliberately ran the race without a tampon to bring awareness to women in less developed countries that don't have access to feminine products. And for those that do, the marathoner wants childbearing women to embrace their periods."

So, I ask the people on this site who called the separation for Niddah misogynist if they also believe "feminine protection" is a misogynist plot, and/or is it misogynist for the government to not provide "feminine protection" to all women.

Ancient of Years
Guru

Post #11

Post by Ancient of Years »

Man_With_A_Plan wrote: If I ever run a marathon, I'll be sure to sh*t myself to bring awareness to the babies in third world countries whose parents can't afford diapers.
Sounds like a plan, man.
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.

William Blake

Pierac
Under Probation

Post #12

Post by Pierac »

Man_With_A_Plan wrote: If I ever run a marathon, I'll be sure to sh*t myself to bring awareness to the babies in third world countries whose parents can't afford diapers.
You really are a man with a plan! ;)

Tampons could be like deodorant in the work place! If your a woman wanting to flow with nature... I'm sure I COULD find a 350lb man willing to not shower and sweat next to you for equal pay in the work place! Yea for diversity! Hey Hey hey.... sweaty people have the same rights.... don't judge!!! How dare you suggest they give up their fatty sweat!!! So everyone... Flow and sweat on....

Paul

bluethread
Savant

Post #13

Post by bluethread »

help3434 wrote:
Leviticus 15:16 -17:" And if any man's seed of copulation go out from him, then he shall wash all his flesh in water, and be unclean until the even. Any clothing or leather that has semen on it must be washed with water, and it will be unclean till evening."

That is not the same treatment. The man is only unclean until the evening. The things he touches in the meantime are not made unclean.
Sorry, this fell by the wayside a year ago. However, since the tread has popped up again, let me address these two points. A seminal emission does not last seven days. The woman who copulates is not unclean for seven days either. As long as there is an emission of bodily fluids, the person is unclean regardless of whether one is male or female. Regarding being made unclean by touching something unclean, that is not limited to menstruating women, but anything that is unclean. Lev5:2 “If anyone becomes aware that they are guilty—if they unwittingly touch anything ceremonially unclean . . . " A butcher, because he deals with blood is almost continually unclean. I order to go to the temple, he would have to have a mikvah before sun down on the previous day.

imhereforyou
Scholar

Re: Tampons

Post #14

Post by imhereforyou »

bluethread wrote: There is an article on the examiner.com blog about a woman who ran a marathon without a tampon, or anything other than standard running cloths. The article stated:

"Ordinarily, the sight of a woman on her period having an "accident," is embarrassing -- and uncomfortable to watch. However, this runner deliberately ran the race without a tampon to bring awareness to women in less developed countries that don't have access to feminine products. And for those that do, the marathoner wants childbearing women to embrace their periods."

So, I ask the people on this site who called the separation for Niddah misogynist if they also believe "feminine protection" is a misogynist plot, and/or is it misogynist for the government to not provide "feminine protection" to all women.
Civil right no.
But I'd just like to not see the commercials at dinner time - that would be a great place to start.