An atheist-harasser gets national attention!

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

abnoxio
Student

An atheist-harasser gets national attention!

Post #1

Post by abnoxio »

whats wrong with these people?
http://atheism.about.com/b/a/190998.htm

aprilannies
Student

Post #2

Post by aprilannies »

I would venture to say that most Christains wouldn't consider that person overly Christian...

/Captain Obvious.

micatala
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by micatala »

Sending junk e-mail is annoying, but a pretty low level of harassment.

The person is being petty. Whether he is a Christian or not is sort of irrelevant. YOu can find petty people of all stripes.

otseng
Savant

Post #4

Post by otseng »

Moved to RR.

starr
Student

You know..

Post #5

Post by starr »

"...readers, if you ever feel like using Babinski’s email for whatever reason (use it for spam; or send him Bible verses..."

Doesn't it seem a little ironic they're sending him bible verses as a form of spam?

Dark Haibane
Student

Post #6

Post by Dark Haibane »

- one verse at a time, one day at a time; or send him an article about whatever topic; or send him an email with nothing in it, etc.)...
This is more than just sending him bible verses, it is a targeted harassment. Such is not an uncommon thing among netizens who disagree, but that does not make it anymore right than other types of flaming. >.<

Vladd44
Sage

Post #7

Post by Vladd44 »

emblazingstar wrote:Doesn't it seem a little ironic they're sending him bible verses as a form of spam?

LOL, I think the case could be legitimately made that any sending of bible verses is spam.

I was once actually disconnected from the internet for a day for sending 2 emails to a fool named steve winters (http://prime.org/). I sent him a total of two emails. It was originally supposed to be two weeks, but after getting one of their people to actually check out the site they considered my single use of one "colorful metaphor" to be more palatable. :lol:

I would only hope if there was an organized campaign to spam me, I would get such rapid response. Anyone getting spammed in such a way should consider reporting it to the isp of origin.

Free proxies are as easy to find as free email accounts, but many people dont know how to use them. Fortunately for Mr Winters, I rarely send email, even to my friends. But I do think I will add him to my christmas email list :P .

Hypothetically speaking ofc.
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.[GOD] &#8209; 1 Cor 13:11
WinMX, BitTorrent and other p2p issues go to http://vladd44.com

melikio
Guru

Re: An atheist-harasser gets national attention!

Post #8

Post by melikio »

abnoxio wrote:whats wrong with these people?
http://atheism.about.com/b/a/190998.htm
A big part of the problem stems from the fact that many people (some Christians) aren't taught that the "Golden Rule", is NOT something that you hear, then set INACTIVELY upon some mental-shelf within one's consciousness. To some people who think foolishly, kindness is a weak joke.

Some people do think/believe, that what they DISH OUT into this world, is what GOES AROUND in this world.

Some people WAIT until they've heard thousands of sermons/philosophies, and become OLD...before they understand or realize what many NICE people learned (and applied fairly consistently thereafter) as "children".

-Mel-
"It is better to BE more like Jesus and assume to speak less for God." -MA-

Scrotum
Banned
Banned

Post #9

Post by Scrotum »

Regarding atheism bashing, one of my biggest wishes is to met Mr Kent Hovind.. Im thinking of going to Pensacola just ot met him, or atleast see Dino Land.. oooohh.. I want i want. I prob will.. *thinking*