Was the Quran accurately recorded?

To discuss Islam topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

Goose

Was the Quran accurately recorded?

Post #1

Post by Goose »

If Muhammad was illiterate how did he confirm that his revelation was accurately recorded by his followers?

Murad
Guru

Re: Was the Quran accurately recorded?

Post #2

Post by Murad »

Goose wrote:If Muhammad was illiterate how did he confirm that his revelation was accurately recorded by his followers?
I am a muslim.
Hence; i believe Muhammad's prophethood.
(Quran 15:9)
We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption).
Really simple; Muhammad assured his people the Quran would be guarded from the mischief of men.
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

(Quran 29:2-3)

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

Goose

Post #3

Post by Goose »

Murad wrote:
Goose wrote:If Muhammad was illiterate how did he confirm that his revelation was accurately recorded by his followers?
I am a muslim.
We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption).
Really simple; Muhammad assured his people the Quran would be guarded from the mischief of men.
Without doubt? But if Muhammad couldn’t read, how did he confirm what was recorded was accurate? He couldn’t. Therefore, you have no way of verifying what was recorded in the Quran was actually what Muhammad recited. His followers could have recorded their own opinions, interpretations, made minor errors, misunderstood Muhammad, or even recorded utter nonsense and Muhammad wouldn't have known the difference.

Murad
Guru

Post #4

Post by Murad »

Goose wrote:
Murad wrote:
I am a muslim.
Without doubt? But if Muhammad couldn’t read, how did he confirm what was recorded was accurate? He couldn’t. Therefore, you have no way of verifying what was recorded in the Quran was actually what Muhammad recited. His followers could have recorded their own opinions, interpretations, made minor errors, misunderstood Muhammad, or even recorded utter nonsense and Muhammad wouldn't have known the difference.
Without a doubt.

Muhammad did say people would put false words in his mouth(such as un-authentic hadiths)
But he promised his revelation cannot be corrupted.... As it is protected by God.
So unless you can find a reason why Muhammad purposely wanted his scripture to get corrupted, my position stands.
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

Goose

Post #5

Post by Goose »

Murad wrote:Without a doubt.

Muhammad did say people would put false words in his mouth(such as un-authentic hadiths)
But he promised his revelation cannot be corrupted.... As it is protected by God.
So unless you can find a reason why Muhammad purposely wanted his scripture to get corrupted, my position stands.
In other words you have no way of verifying the words in the Quran are actually the words of Muhammad and accurately recorded. At the end of day all you have is “Muhammad promised.� You can’t even verify Muhammad made that promise. One of the recorders of the Quran may have just put that “promise� in the Quran to make you feel secure and you wouldn’t know the difference.

Murad
Guru

Post #6

Post by Murad »

Goose wrote:
Murad wrote:Without a doubt.

In other words you have no way of verifying the words in the Quran are actually the words of Muhammad and accurately recorded. At the end of day all you have is “Muhammad promised.� You can’t even verify Muhammad made that promise. One of the recorders of the Quran may have just put that “promise� in the Quran to make you feel secure and you wouldn’t know the difference.
Why don't you generalise a bit more and say: "Why are you a muslim; you didn't see Muhammad do any miracles personally?"

His disciples were honest people approved by him; and they died believing & preserving the messege of the texts of hafsa(prophets wife).

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---