Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

jade012064
Student

New Religion Site

Post #1

Post by jade012064 »

Greetings,
There's a new religion online at http://theelohimassembly.blogspot.com and http://groups.yahoo.com/group/The_Elohim_Assembly called The Elohim Assembly. I'm more than interested to discuss it's beliefs with you.
jade02005 O:)

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #2

Post by McCulloch »

Um ... there does not seem to be much there. Maybe you could fill us in with a bit of background information and spark some interest.

otseng
Savant

Post #3

Post by otseng »

jade012064, welcome to the forum. As per the rules,
3. When you start a new topic in a debate subforum, it must state a clearly defined question(s) for debate.

I'll be moving this to Random Ramblings so that people can offer comments.

jade012064
Student

Background

Post #4

Post by jade012064 »

Everyone,
The Elohim Assembly believes only in the book of Genesis, that the Jews were apostate and thereby Christianity and Islam are false, and that the true religion is worshipping and following Elohim alone. Any other questions on the beliefs or do you have a statement regarding what was just said?
Jamie O:)

Zarathustra
Apprentice

Post #5

Post by Zarathustra »

Could you perhaps be a bit more specific. I'm a little foggy on where the Book of Genesis begins and ends. Could you maybe outline some main beliefs you hold so I could better understand. Because, you seem to be making the claim that God is all alone with His angels in Heaven right now and everyone else has be Damned. Or perhaps neither of those things are in Genesis; again, I'm not 100% on the contents of Genesis as opposed to the other Books.
"Live that you might find the answers you can't know before you live.
Love and Life will give you chances, from your flaws learn to forgive." - Daniel Gildenlow

jade012064
Student

Zarathushtra Response

Post #6

Post by jade012064 »

Zarathushtra,
Genesis in the Bible details Elohim's creation of the universe and mankind. It tells of the divine stewardship all mankind received through Adam and Eve to care for themselves, others, the animals, and the environment with the righteous surviving death as angels in Heaven. It tells of the worldwide flood, God's call of Abraham, Abraham's dealings with his fellow man, as well as Abraham's descendants up to Joseph. I believe God called Abraham because, He was both concerned about his soul and He also knew that the other adherents of his religion during that era would apostatize at a later date and that there would be a need to preserve the truth. Unfortunately, Moses led the Jews unwittingly into apostasy but, God preserved the truth for those of us to find if we listen to His Spirit. Moses' errors were that there was an Abrahamic covenant that made his descendants superior to other believers, animal sacrifices, temples, changing God's name from Elohim to Jehovah, polygamy, and slavery. The foregoing is readily seen in the two sources found in Genesis involving Elohim and Jehovah (i.e., the Israelite God "was not known" as Jehovah during the Genesis era [see Ex. 6:3] and thereby the Jehovah sections must've been added at a later date, see Jer. 8:8, NREB, for proof that the Bible was altered) and that the removal of those sections shows an entirely different picture of the original Abrahamic religion than that we've received from the Jews. In other words, Abraham and his descendants were meant by God to be fellow believers not superior ones as shown by the fact that both Abraham and Jacob are spoken of as paying tithing not receiving it. I believe all those that follow Elohim only, obey his commands regarding the environment, animals, family, others, and themselves, are saved from death and dwell eternally with Elohim in Heaven caring for the universe with Him. This would mean that all religions are false because, they either say that God's name isn't Elohim or they support, in one form or the other, one or more of Moses' errors. It's the ultimate act of arrogance for me to say that I'm the only one to see this throughout history and I do believe that others have seen this throughout history. Lastly, you accused me of damning everyone with my philosophy but, the truth is that others must've seen this as the existence of the JEDP Theory that isn't too far from the truth would seem to indicate (i.e., God's Spirit could've led others to take that theory one step further as I've done and as I believe His Spirit has and is doing). Does this answer your question?
Jamie