Getting to know more about a particular group

Moderator: Moderators

Ink
Student

A Question for all Christians

Post #1

Post by Ink »

Are there any more passages in the Bible that denounce tattooing besides
Leviticus 19? 28 You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the Lord.

Now i am not going to stop getting tattoos because someone said 'you're going to hell!'
but i was just wondering if it is believed that Leviticus refers to marking and tattooing in Pagan rituals, or is this supoposed to be taken as a rule to live our life by today. Thanks in advance for all your help.

CatholicDeacon
Student

Re: A Question for all Christians

Post #2

Post by CatholicDeacon »

Ink wrote:Are there any more passages in the Bible that denounce tattooing besides
Leviticus 19? 28 You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the Lord.

Now i am not going to stop getting tattoos because someone said 'you're going to hell!'
but i was just wondering if it is believed that Leviticus refers to marking and tattooing in Pagan rituals, or is this supoposed to be taken as a rule to live our life by today. Thanks in advance for all your help.
Hmmm... It does not say anything about other people tattooing you... Just make sure they use clean needless.

Viva Cristo Rey

CatholicDeacon