Not sure
No votes

Total votes: 11

sweetgurlsammi

Which come First in God's Eyes?

Post #1

Post by sweetgurlsammi »

Hey,
I go to a Christian Camp and one of our Devotions was about "popularity" vs. "scum" in God's Eyes.

The Question is will the lord help the people that humans see as "popular" before or after the people humans tend to see as "scum"? This question is not a trick question and it does have a correct answer.

sweetgurlsammi

Post #2

Post by sweetgurlsammi »

I answered both. The way i see it Jesus was nailed to the cross and he took in our sins and forgives us all for them if you ask him to. In God's eyes there is no scum nor popular people. We are all humans we all were brought here by God and we all leave here by God. He is our Father the one and only we can completely trust. God thinks as every human as Equal and nothing more, not popular not scum not nothing more nor less then a human. God will tend to the people that need tending and he will tend to the people who need his attention more first then the person who needs his attention Less who will be last. This is my opinion and there is a correct answer. But the only person who knows that answer is God him self.

I how ever think my answer leans more todards Correct then incorrect.

Angry McFurious
Student

Post #3

Post by Angry McFurious »

The bible does claim many times the JEWS are gods chosen people and God will bless the sons of Abraham. So I guess that makes them kinda spiffy but I mean we are pretty much equal. I hope.
:dance: ~Jews Rock~ :dance:

Scottey

Re: Which come First in God's Eyes?

Post #4

Post by Scottey »

sweetgurlsammi wrote:Hey,
I go to a Christian Camp and one of our Devotions was about "popularity" vs. "scum" in God's Eyes.

The Question is will the lord help the people that humans see as "popular" before or after the people humans tend to see as "scum"? This question is not a trick question and it does have a correct answer.
Romans 3:10
"There is no one righteous, not even one;
there is no one who understands, no one who seeks God.
All have turned away, they have together become worthless;
There is no one who does good, not even one."

Romans 3:10
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

We are all scum, wether popular or not. And God will choose whom he will have mercy on.

LillSnopp
Scholar

Post #5

Post by LillSnopp »

We are all scum, wether popular or not. And God will choose whom he will have mercy on.
Im not :)

Overcomer
Guru

who's first?

Post #6

Post by Overcomer »

Remember what Christ said about how the first will be last and the last will be first (Matthew 20:16).

He was saying that people who may seem important or popular by society's standards will take a backseat to someone society doesn't regard as great, someone like a homeless man on the street or the widow spending her last days in a nursing home who has no family to visit her. That's because God looks at a person's heart and it is on the basis of what he sees there that he will reward people.

At some point in time all of us, whether believers or non-believers, will have to stand before God and account for our lives here on earth. Those who chose not to accept Christ will end up in the lake of fire. Those who did accept Christ will be given rewards according to how they lived their lives on earth.

Remember that salvation is NOT a reward. We cannot earn it. It's a gift from Christ to all who come to him in faith and accept it. But that doesn't mean that we can do anything we want here on earth. True love of Christ will manifest itself in in the things we say and do and in the way we treat others. In other words, when everything is said and done, did we honour God with our lives?

When the mother of James and John asked Jesus to put her sons on each side of him, that is, give them the highest places of honour in his kingdom, Jesus stated that he came to serve, not to be served (Matthew 20:28.). He made it clear that at the banquet table of life, the person who waited on others was living out the life that Jesus himself lived and that he wants us to live. Waiters are not as highly regarded by society as the people who sit at the table and are waited on, are they? But Christ calls us to bless others whether they bless us or not.

AlAyeti
Guru

Post #7

Post by AlAyeti »

When you watch a bunch, a group, or a large assembly of four to eight year old children just all energy and fun, I believe you see what God sees of us.

"You must become like a little child . . ." speaking to adults, Jesus was using a good analogy (parable). Jesus was saddened when entering Jerusalem and mentioned wanting to gather them up like a hen does her chicks.

"Children" of God.

It takes away all of the labels and opinions.

Jews do "rock." Especially the One that rolled away the stone!