Does The Father Have Any Say?

Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

singinbeauty
Student

Does The Father Have Any Say?

Post #1

Post by singinbeauty »

Alright, I am starting this in a new thread as it came up in another topic and seemed to srike a chord with some people. Here is the question:

Does the father of the child have any say when it comes to the mother wanting an abortion? The child in question is just as much a part of him as it is of the mother.

Here is another question that piggy backs on this question... (I have found no proof that this exists but with our world I wouldn't be surprised that it has happened):

If a couple were to ask someone else to carry a child to term (surragacy (sp?)) and the woman agreed but after the procedure was complete and circumstances changed for this woman would she have the right to back out and abort the child?

Just a few thoughts... what do you think?

concerro
Apprentice

Post #11

Post by concerro »

Gaunt wrote:
singinbeauty wrote:But the embryo IS part of the father in the chromysones (sp?) and the genetic make-up.
But the reason that women can choose to have an abortion is not because it is a part of her, but because it is using her body parts to sustain itself, with or without her choosing for it to happen.
The child is not a parasite. It did not just attach itself to her body. She could have chosen to keep her clothes on unless she was raped. Everyone knows the risk when you have sex. I am not saying dont have sex, just be prepared for what may come. I dont think abortions should be illegal, but they should be harder to get, and back to the original topic, no she should not be able to have an abortion without the father because it is his child also.