"A FLOOD of NONSENSE! - Global Flood or Mass Extinctions?"

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

Miles
Savant

"A FLOOD of NONSENSE! - Global Flood or Mass Extinctions?"

Post #1

Post by Miles »

A delightful explanation of why the notion of a global flood---the Noachian Flood---doesn't make any sense.

Question: Is any of what Forrest Valkai, the host, said, wrong? If so, what and why?

oldbadger
Guru

Re: "A FLOOD of NONSENSE! - Global Flood or Mass Extinctions?"

Post #221

Post by oldbadger »

LittleNipper wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:45 pm Well, here is what your recent monarch said regarding CHRIST JESUS: https://haventoday.org/blog/10-surprisi ... ays-jesus/
Our late Queen was quite wonderful, and her very first comment about Jesus, shown on that report was:-
' A role-model of reconciliation and forgiveness, he stretched out his hands in love, acceptance and healing.'

.................... and which of those characteristics do you favour? Any?

So it looks like you don't really know your gospels, only the bits you've cherry picked to suit your purposes. So I will guess that you won't be able to answer my simple question 'What did Jesus do on Palm Sunday afternoon?', even though two reports about that are offered.

Try another if you like...... did Jesus favour Family or Friends first?

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #222

Post by boatsnguitars »

LittleNipper wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:12 pm
Now, I'm very sure that Queen Elizabeth II had read this and pondered this among the rest of her Bible studies. And how could she be so bold to name JESUS CHRIST as her SAVIOR ---- this very individual who believed Noah was an historical being. I feel it is called FAITH. FAITH that JESUS was the SON of GOD and in fact not usurping HIS FATHER in being GOD. FAITH that JESUS wasn't some sort of nut. FAITH that HE arose from the grave. And FAITH that this very same JESUS CHRIST shall return. All this is far harder to accept than dinosaurs in one form or another sojourning with NOAH during a worldwide flood upon an ark protected by this very same CHRIST/MESSIAH --- who in fact shut the door of the ark. Plus, I do feel that GOD willed this Queen Elisabeth II what appears to be the longest reign in British history surpassing, Queen Victoria who also seems to have shared a strong abiding faith in Jesus Christ as her SAVIOR. Both these monarchs seemed to have reigned during times of relative tranquility in spite of the fact that they had such a strong faith in CHRIST.
Good Gravy, you have a very Medieval way of thinking about things. I suppose you would love the caste system.

Arwa al-Sulayhi, lived to 90. Worshiped Allah.
As female sovereign, Arwa has an almost unique position in history: though there were more female monarchs in the international Muslim world, Arwa and Asma bint Shihab were the only female monarchs in the Muslim Arab world to have had the khutbah, the ultimate recognition of Muslim monarchial status, proclaimed in their name in the mosques.[2] She founded several mosques, the most prominent of which is Queen Arwa Mosque.
Arwa was the first queen regnant in the Muslim world.[3] Through her title of hujjah, she is the only Muslim woman to ever wield both political and religious authority in her own right.[1]
Seems better than Queen Liz, according to LittleNipper's metrics.

Lurkers, this is your brain on religion...
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #223

Post by LittleNipper »

brunumb wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:40 am
LittleNipper wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:12 pm I would say that a "Monarch" is certainly at the top of the heap and in a far superior position than most other individuals.
In what sense? Being born into any position is not a guarantee that one has greater intelligence or the ability to think more rationally than anyone else.
Such a person is exposed to many different people, places, policies, and ideologies. They can observe firsthand the GOOD, the BAD, and the UGLY. I'm sure they would be among the first who would either see GOD working or that such a one could not possibly exist.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #224

Post by oldbadger »

LittleNipper wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:46 am Such a person is exposed to many different people, places, policies, and ideologies. They can observe firsthand the GOOD, the BAD, and the UGLY. I'm sure they would be among the first who would either see GOD working or that such a one could not possibly exist.
Queen Elizabeth was very impressed by Billy Graham's presentations on television and radio. Eventually she invited him to Buckingham Palace for a private conversation. His message was all about 'Love and Understanding' which has somehow got lost in much of modern Christianity.

And he believed in reading his bible.....the gospels. It's a good idea to know the four gospels..... intimately.

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #225

Post by LittleNipper »

oldbadger wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:12 am
LittleNipper wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:46 am Such a person is exposed to many different people, places, policies, and ideologies. They can observe firsthand the GOOD, the BAD, and the UGLY. I'm sure they would be among the first who would either see GOD working or that such a one could not possibly exist.
Queen Elizabeth was very impressed by Billy Graham's presentations on television and radio. Eventually she invited him to Buckingham Palace for a private conversation. His message was all about 'Love and Understanding' which has somehow got lost in much of modern Christianity.

And he believed in reading his bible.....the gospels. It's a good idea to know the four gospels..... intimately.
Billy Graham also spoke about sin ----- something that cannot be candy coated nor simply shoved under the rug. One is poison and the other will wear the floor. Billy Graham on reading the Bible: Billy Graham preaches from the OLD TESTAMENT:

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #226

Post by boatsnguitars »

LittleNipper wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:40 am

Billy Graham also spoke about sin ----- something that cannot be candy coated nor simply shoved under the rug. One is poison and the other will wear the floor. Billy Graham on reading the Bible: Billy Graham preaches from the OLD TESTAMENT:
Yep, another theologian spouting nonsense. LittleNipper sucking it down like he needs it to live. We talk about the uselessness of theology - here you have it. Just imagine someone passionately telling people about the Lord of the Rings and the power of the Ring, as if it's true. It's sad.
― Omar Khayyâm

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #227

Post by LittleNipper »

boatsnguitars wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:43 am

Yep, another theologian spouting nonsense. LittleNipper sucking it down like he needs it to live. We talk about the uselessness of theology - here you have it. Just imagine someone passionately telling people about the Lord of the Rings and the power of the Ring, as if it's true. It's sad.
The Bible came before The Lord of the Rings and copied it. It makes far more sense to be passionate about the Bible. As for Billy Graham, the Queen enjoyed him and so did I. The Bible explains what is now happening in Israel and why.

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #228

Post by boatsnguitars »

LittleNipper wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:52 pm

The Bible came before The Lord of the Rings and copied it. It makes far more sense to be passionate about the Bible. As for Billy Graham, the Queen enjoyed him and so did I. The Bible explains what is now happening in Israel and why.
"There and Back Again" preceded the OT by tens of thousands of years. And it tells us more about life than the Bible. The Bible is a child's tale for children. Get your facts straight.
― Omar Khayyâm

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #229

Post by LittleNipper »

boatsnguitars wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:12 pm

"There and Back Again" preceded the OT by tens of thousands of years. And it tells us more about life than the Bible. The Bible is a child's tale for children. Get your facts straight.
You are really not worth the trouble. Enjoy yourself.

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #230

Post by boatsnguitars »

LittleNipper wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:22 pm
boatsnguitars wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:12 pm

You are really not worth the trouble. Enjoy yourself.
No, you are repeating me. You can't even come up with something original. Aren't you a little embarrassed? I already called you out as unworthy of debate and you simply knee-jerked. It's rather pathetic.

Raise your game. You're arguing for Christ, for God's sake! CONVINCE US, FOR GOD's SAKE! We implore you!
― Omar Khayyâm