Did God restore Israel in 1948?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

dad1
Under Suspension

Did God restore Israel in 1948?

Post #1

Post by dad1 »

Israel must be back in the land in the end time according to the bible. Some people suggest that God brought them back, and that they are now fulfilling prophesy such as the desert blooming like a rose etc. Can anyone support that idea? Several denominations do make such claims.

In the end, after the remnant repents and Jesus returns, is when God restores believing Israel to the land. Not, as far as I can tell, in 1948. So, there are good bible teaching preachers that seem to think otherwise (Jack Hibbs, Behold Israel, Jan Markell, James Kaddis, Bret meador, etc etc). The thread is for someone to support their claims. In other threads I have not seen this done yet.

Miles
Savant

Re: Did God restore Israel in 1948?

Post #11

Post by Miles »

dad1 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:32 pm
Miles wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:07 pm
dad1 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:38 pm Israel must be back in the land in the end time according to the bible.
Hey, the Bible also says:

Mark 13: 30-31
30 I assure you that all these things will happen while some of the people of this time are still living. 31 The whole world, earth and sky, will be destroyed, but my words will last forever.

—Never happened— So, so much for what the Bible says.

Mark 13:29
So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.
Mark 13:30
Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

The clear meaning is that WHEN you see certain things happen THEN you will know it is near. The generation of us that see that will not pass away.
Ah, the verse doesn't address anyone who will see anything, just when "these things" will happen. which is "while some of the people of this time are still living." And what will happen? Among many other things how about "The whole world, earth and sky, will be destroyed."

“30 I assure you that all these things will happen while some of the people of this time are still living. 31 The whole world, earth and sky, will be destroyed, but my words will last forever.

dad1
Under Suspension

Post #12

Post by dad1 »

Miles wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:38 pm
dad1 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:38 pm Mark 13:29
So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.
Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

Ah, the verse doesn't address anyone who will see anything, just when "these things" will happen. which is "while some of the people of this time are still living." And what will happen? Among many other things how about "The whole world, earth and sky, will be destroyed."

Not before these things happen, not after. WHEN. The end time stuff happens in the end time, not to James and Andrew etc.
The people referred to that will see it are the people who see it. That generation that sees it will not pass away till it is all done. There is no possibility that applied to the first century AD.

Miles
Savant

Post #13

Post by Miles »

dad1 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:25 am
Miles wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:38 pm
dad1 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:38 pm Mark 13:29

Not before these things happen, not after. WHEN. The end time stuff happens in the end time, not to James and Andrew etc.
The people referred to that will see it are the people who see it. That generation that sees it will not pass away till it is all done. There is no possibility that applied to the first century AD.

Mark 13: 30
“30 I assure you that all these things will happen while some of the people of this time are still living".

" all these things will happen
.................................................. while some of the people
...........................................................................................of this time......
.................................................................................................................... are still living."

Revelations won
Sage

Post #14

Post by Revelations won »

Dear respondents,

dad1 wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:38 pm
Israel must be back in the land in the end time according to the bible.

My reply: I agree, for the ten (10) “Lost Tribes” of the full house of Israel will yet be restored during these last times.

Onewithhim wrote: “onewithhim wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:56 pm
Israel was restored over 2,000 years ago when Cyrus issued the order for the Jews to return to their homeland.

My comment: onewithhim has given a “private interpretation. Actually the Kingdom of Judah was allowed to return to Jerusalem during the reign of Cyrus.

The “Kingdom of Israel” on the other hand have not been shown in scripture to have returned with the Kingdom of Judah. It is clear that the tribe of Judah was again scattered for many centuries, but was very recently in 1948 began to be again gathered to their promised homeland.

Miles wrote: “Mark 13: 30-31
“30 I assure you that all these things will happen while some of the people of this time are still living. 31 The whole world, earth and sky, will be destroyed, but my words will last forever.

—Never happened— So, so much for what the Bible says.

My response: Miles has given his private interpretation or assumption that no one from that generation are still living. I would submit that according to the book of revelation that there will be some that are still living today and have a definite mission to fulfill.

Best regards,
RW

Savant

Post #15

Post by 1213 »

Miles wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:07 pm ...
30 I assure you that all these things will happen while some of the people of this time are still living. 31 The whole world, earth and sky, will be destroyed, but my words will last forever.
Interesting, translations that I have says:
"Most assuredly I say to you, this generation [The word translated “generation” (genea) could also be translated “race,” “family,” or “people.”] will not pass away until all these things happen. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away."

What translation are you using?

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #16

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

dad1 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:38 pm Israel must be back in the land in the end time according to the bible. Some people suggest that God brought them back, and that they are now fulfilling prophesy such as the desert blooming like a rose etc. Can anyone support that idea? Several denominations do make such claims.

In the end, after the remnant repents and Jesus returns, is when God restores believing Israel to the land. Not, as far as I can tell, in 1948. So, there are good bible teaching preachers that seem to think otherwise (Jack Hibbs, Behold Israel, Jan Markell, James Kaddis, Bret meador, etc etc). The thread is for someone to support their claims. In other threads I have not seen this done yet.
The restoration of "Israel"/Jacob per Ez 37 involves the reunification of the house of Judah (Jews) with Ephraim (lost northern tribes) on the land given to Jacob, under the leadership of David under a "covenant of peace" "forever", wherefore they will keep My "ordinances". That hasn't happened, and the country of Israel remains under fire from neighboring nations (Zech 14) which the "LORD" and "Judah" will soon crush under a cloud of nuclear fallout (Zech 14:12). The state of Israel is basically the house of Judah established on the land given to Jacob. The house of Israel/Ephraim remains "scattered among the nations" (Ez 36:19). You are going to have to wait for the "great tribulation", the "furnace of fire" (Mt 13:30) to see the gathering of the wheat into the barn, which is the gathering of the whole house of Israel into the land given to Jacob to witness the restoration of the "whole house of Israel". The first shall be last, and the last shall be first. The northern 10 tribes of Israel were the first to be scattered among the nations. They will be the "last" to be gathered to their "own and" (Ez 37:24).

dad1
Under Suspension

Post #17

Post by dad1 »

Miles wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:39 am Mark 13:29
" all these things will happen while some of the people are still living
What some of what people? The people who see those things.

dad1
Under Suspension

Post #18

Post by dad1 »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:09 am
The restoration of "Israel"/Jacob per Ez 37 involves the reunification of the house of Judah (Jews) with Ephraim (lost northern tribes) on the land given to Jacob, under the leadership of David under a "covenant of peace" "forever", wherefore they will keep My "ordinances".
Ezekiel 36:10
And I will multiply men upon you, all the house of Israel, even all of it: and the cities shall be inhabited, and the wastes shall be builded:
I did not see Ephriam specified?

That hasn't happened,
Right they do not follow His ordinances now.

and the country of Israel remains under fire from neighboring nations (Zech 14) which the "LORD" and "Judah" will soon crush under a cloud of nuclear fallout (Zech 14:12).

It sounds similar to nuclear effects but we don't know. Since Israel will be lived in after that, I doubt it is nuclear.
The state of Israel is basically the house of Judah established on the land given to Jacob.

Why just that house? Are there not many Jews of many lineages there?
The house of Israel/Ephraim remains "scattered among the nations" (Ez 36:19).

If Israel is a nation again, how is it they are all still scattered?
You are going to have to wait for the "great tribulation", the "furnace of fire" (Mt 13:30) to see the gathering of the wheat into the barn, which is the gathering of the whole house of Israel into the land given to Jacob to witness the restoration of the "whole house of Israel".

That will only be when Jesus restores them to the land after they are saved in the end.
The northern 10 tribes of Israel were the first to be scattered among the nations. They will be the "last" to be gathered to their "own and" (Ez 37:24).

I am not sure where you get that. Does the bible say that for sure only Jews that were scattered from Ephraim will be the last ones He returns to the land?

Miles
Savant

Post #19

Post by Miles »

1213 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:49 am
Miles wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:07 pm ...
Interesting, translations that I have says:
"Most assuredly I say to you, this generation [The word translated “generation” (genea) could also be translated “race,” “family,” or “people.”] will not pass away until all these things happen. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away."

What translation are you using?

The ERV, although other bibles give just about the same translation of Mark 13:10 without ever mentioning "generations." Bibles including, but not limited to:

CJB
Yes! I tell you that this people will certainly not pass away before all these things happen.

GNT
Remember that all these things will happen before the people now living have all died.

ICB
I tell you the truth. All these things will happen while the people of this time are still living.

NIRV
What I’m about to tell you is true. The people living now will certainly not pass away until all those things have happened.

NLV
For sure, I tell you, the people of this day will not pass away before all these things have happened.

NCV
I tell you the truth, all these things will happen while the people of this time are still living.

WE
I tell you the truth. The people who are living then will not die before all these things happen.

AS WELL AS those Bibles wherein Matthew 24:34 addresses the very same issue without mentioning generations either. Some of which are:

GNT
34 Remember that all these things will happen before the people now living have all died.

CJB
34 Yes! I tell you that this people will certainly not pass away before all these things happen.

NCV
34 I tell you the truth, all these things will happen while the people of this time are still living.

NIRV
34 What I’m about to tell you is true. The people living now will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

NLV
34 For sure, I tell you, the people of this day will not pass away before all these things have happened.

ICB
34 I tell you the truth. All these things will happen while the people of this time are still living!

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #20

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

dad1 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:46 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:09 am
The restoration of "Israel"/Jacob per Ez 37 involves the reunification of the house of Judah (Jews) with Ephraim (lost northern tribes) on the land given to Jacob, under the leadership of David under a "covenant of peace" "forever", wherefore they will keep My "ordinances".
Ezekiel 36:10
And I will multiply men upon you, all the house of Israel, even all of it: and the cities shall be inhabited, and the wastes shall be builded:
I did not see Ephriam specified?

That hasn't happened,
Right they do not follow His ordinances now.

and the country of Israel remains under fire from neighboring nations (Zech 14) which the "LORD" and "Judah" will soon crush under a cloud of nuclear fallout (Zech 14:12).

It sounds similar to nuclear effects but we don't know. Since Israel will be lived in after that, I doubt it is nuclear.
The state of Israel is basically the house of Judah established on the land given to Jacob.

Why just that house? Are there not many Jews of many lineages there?
The house of Israel/Ephraim remains "scattered among the nations" (Ez 36:19).

If Israel is a nation again, how is it they are all still scattered?
You are going to have to wait for the "great tribulation", the "furnace of fire" (Mt 13:30) to see the gathering of the wheat into the barn, which is the gathering of the whole house of Israel into the land given to Jacob to witness the restoration of the "whole house of Israel".

That will only be when Jesus restores them to the land after they are saved in the end.
The northern 10 tribes of Israel were the first to be scattered among the nations. They will be the "last" to be gathered to their "own and" (Ez 37:24).

I am not sure where you get that. Does the bible say that for sure only Jews that were scattered from Ephraim will be the last ones He returns to the land?
The "house of Judah", the Jews have already been gathered onto the land of Jacob. Zech 12:6 describes the surrounding nations (Arabs) being burned like a flaming torch among sheaves, such as in the 6-day Israel war. The 10 northern tribes, called Israel, and referred to as Ephraim (Hosea 5 & Ez 37:16) as the name of Israel was passed down to Ephram from Jacob through Joseph. Ephraim/Israel, the northern lost 10 tribes/sheep (Mt 10:6), are now "scattered" (Ez 36:19) yet will be gathered (Ez 36:24) from the nations. Ephraim, whose name was passed down from Jacob through Joseph, and Judah will be reunited (Ez 37:16-21). As for radiation poisoning, Russia's newest large weapon is a super EMP bomb which only destroys living cells and not inanimate objects. As the residents of Israel are required to have bomb shelters, they are basically protected from radiation poisoning, as it will be limited to nuclear rays, which cannot penetrate 3 feet of soil with any affect. Ephraim/Israel and Judah do not keep the ordinances because they have not been given a new heart of flesh (Ez 36:26-27) & (Jeremiah 31:31-33). As for Ez 36:10, that refers to "all the house of Israel", which would allude to the whole 12 tribes of Israel, which includes Judah and Ephraim/Israel, who at this time have not been reunited, nor have the "nations"/Gentiles been destroyed (Jeremiah 30:11), and Jacob/Israel been "chastened" "justly".