Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

sridatta
Banned
Banned

Scientists do not believe in God?

Post #1

Post by sridatta »

One scientist was telling me that she doesn’t believe in spiritual knowledge, which is composed by human beings only and which is not having practical authentication. What is the answer to be given to her?

Swami Replied: Science is also composed by scientists, who are human beings only. If one says that he does not believe science since it is framed by human beings only, the statement of that scientist is also similar towards spiritual knowledge. Regarding the practical authentication, Shri Satya Sai Baba did several miracles, which are observed by several scientists and lot of public in very close manner. You neither believe theoretical nor practical spiritual knowledge. If one says that he doesn’t believe theoretical and practical science, your statement will be similar.

Suppose I say that since Einstein was a human being, the formula E=MC2 proposed by him can’t be also believed, how will it look? You may say that blasting atom bomb proves this formula, I will say that I will not believe the formula even if practical authentication is there. You have also said that you don’t believe the theoretical spiritual knowledge in spite of its practical authentication given, through the divine miracles performed by Godmen. You may say that you have not seen a divine miracle. I can also say that I have not seen the blast of bomb or transformation of matter into energy. As you are towards spiritual knowledge so I am towards science. But I am not such a blind conservative like you. I accept the science in theory and in practicals also as the subject of imaginable domain.

The subject of unimaginable domain is spiritual knowledge. If you say that you have majority of atheistic scientists to support your views, I have the real majority of supporters of spiritual knowledge because every true scientist believes in spiritual knowledge. Do you know that even Einstein and Newton were good scholars in spiritual knowledge? True science always believes in a practical event that happens before eyes. The perfect logic of such unimaginable event (miracle) may not be understood. Since it is not understood, science will not say the event is false. True science accepts the happening of a practical event and keeps silent about its explanation. Science will say that the event is beyond imagination and logic. But, atheists see that an unimaginable event is always false.

They neither can give the explanation nor at least accept it as unimaginable like a true scientist. Science always keeps silent about the unimaginable domain, but never negates its existence. Atheists are emotional and loose balance of mind and even common logic by simply negating the existence of unimaginable event since everything must be imaginable to them!

-By Shri Datta Swami
www.universal-spirituality.org
Universal Spirituality for World Peace

brunumb
Savant

Re: Scientists do not believe in God?

Post #2

Post by brunumb »

sridatta wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:20 am Science always keeps silent about the unimaginable domain, but never negates its existence. Atheists are emotional and loose balance of mind and even common logic by simply negating the existence of unimaginable event since everything must be imaginable to them!
That statement is nonsense. The imaginable and the unimaginable do not exist by default until it can be demonstrated that they do exist. The scientific method is the means by which we try to overcome personal biases and separate the imaginary from the real.

[P.S. Lose, not loose]
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #3

Post by Purple Knight »

sridatta wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:20 amTrue science always believes in a practical event that happens before eyes. The perfect logic of such unimaginable event (miracle) may not be understood. Since it is not understood, science will not say the event is false. True science accepts the happening of a practical event and keeps silent about its explanation. Science will say that the event is beyond imagination and logic. But, atheists see that an unimaginable event is always false.
Those are bad atheists. I've had things happen in front of my eyes that any normal person will call silly and they might even call me crazy. I don't make claims that those things are facts until I can prove them. But they still happened. There. That's being a good atheist.

It's also applying universalisability. I don't expect you to believe what happened to me unless I have evidence. But I don't think you ought to expect me to believe in what happened to you without evidence either.

As to religion (though probably not the sort of religion Sridatta believes I admit) people saying other have to believe a personal revelation has terrible consequences. God wants you to kill this fellow. God wants carnage, God wants blood, and people do it if the default is that you can't question. You have to be able to question. And you have to be able to say, "Sorry, I don't share that revelation," if some religious leader is saying you'd better believe him about what God wants.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by JoeyKnothead »

sridatta wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:20 am One scientist was telling me that she doesn’t believe in spiritual knowledge, which is composed by human beings only and which is not having practical authentication. What is the answer to be given to her?
I'm curious to know the details of this exchange from the party's perspectives.
Swami Replied: Science is also composed by scientists, who are human beings only.
This just in from the Ric Romero institute.
If one says that he does not believe science since it is framed by human beings only, the statement of that scientist is also similar towards spiritual knowledge. Regarding the practical authentication, Shri Satya Sai Baba did several miracles, which are observed by several scientists and lot of public in very close manner.
No he didn't.

See how just making claims does nothing to show those claims are truth?
You neither believe theoretical nor practical spiritual knowledge. If one says that he doesn’t believe theoretical and practical science, your statement will be similar.
The difficulty is in telling 'spiritual knowledge' from Shinola.
Suppose I say that since Einstein was a human being, the formula E=MC2 proposed by him can’t be also believed, how will it look? You may say that blasting atom bomb proves this formula, I will say that I will not believe the formula even if practical authentication is there. You have also said that you don’t believe the theoretical spiritual knowledge in spite of its practical authentication given, through the divine miracles performed by Godmen. You may say that you have not seen a divine miracle. I can also say that I have not seen the blast of bomb or transformation of matter into energy. As you are towards spiritual knowledge so I am towards science. But I am not such a blind conservative like you. I accept the science in theory and in practicals also as the subject of imaginable domain.
My trust, or distrust of Einstein and his math has no bearing on my distrust of your claims.
The subject of unimaginable domain is spiritual knowledge. If you say that you have majority of atheistic scientists to support your views, I have the real majority of supporters of spiritual knowledge because every true scientist believes in spiritual knowledge. Do you know that even Einstein and Newton were good scholars in spiritual knowledge? True science always believes in a practical event that happens before eyes. The perfect logic of such unimaginable event (miracle) may not be understood. Since it is not understood, science will not say the event is false. True science accepts the happening of a practical event and keeps silent about its explanation. Science will say that the event is beyond imagination and logic. But, atheists see that an unimaginable event is always false.
This atheist doesn't just conclude an 'unimaginable event' is "always false". I seek to find out if such claimants of em can show they speak truth.

You'd likely do well to quit trying to speak for atheists, and put such efforts into showing you present truth regarding your claims.
They neither can give the explanation nor at least accept it as unimaginable like a true scientist.
I hear ya - I only trust Scottish scientists.
Science always keeps silent about the unimaginable domain, but never negates its existence.
That's cause Scottish scientists understand ya can't prove a negative.
Atheists are emotional and loose balance of mind and even common logic by simply negating the existence of unimaginable event since everything must be imaginable to them!
Does it do your god proud to have you insult others?

What's most unimaginable to me is the severe degree to which your god's forehead slopes backwards into his walnut, that he'd rely on you to convince us of his primacy.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

otseng
Savant

Post #5

Post by otseng »

Moderator Action

Moved to Random Ramblings. Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.