StarGate SG-1

Post #1

Post by ResidentAtheist »

Ya Gotta Love this one.

Members of the SG-1 Team

Richard Dean Anderson — Col. Jonathan "Jack" O'Neill
Michael Shanks — Dr. Daniel Jackson
Amanda Tapping — Maj. Samantha Carter
Christopher Judge — Teal'c (carries a Gould young)

They all gate from planet to planet fighting the Goa'ulds, who were our ancestral Gods of the past.

It's Great to see a tv series that shows one possible explanation for the false gods of the past. It is a sad that they tip-toe around the God-God though.

Yes, SG-1 is fiction but so are all the man made Gods, including the God-God.

ResidentAtheist

ENIGMA
Sage

Re: StarGate SG-1

Post #2

Post by ENIGMA »

ResidentAtheist wrote: Christopher Judge — Teal'c (carries a Gould young)
[Simpsons Comic Book Guy Voice]

No you light watcher! In Season 7 Teal'c's symbiote dies after it is used to sustain both him and Bre'tak after a Jaffa Massacre. It was in an episode where Teal'c hallucinated himself as a fireman..

Worst... Episode... Ever... (Well, maybe not quite :P)

He's on Tritonin now...

[/Simpsons Comic Book Guy Voice]
Gilt and Vetinari shared a look. It said: While I loathe you and all of your personal philosophy to a depth unplummable by any line, I will credit you at least with not being Crispin Horsefry [The big loud idiot in the room].

-Going Postal, Discworld

Squall
Student

Post #3

Post by Squall »

I like the Character Thor, you would think Thor: Buff dude, blond hair, big hammer, drinks beer, and kicks butt alot...nope hes a grey with an effeminate some what geeky voice.

Feathered Serpent

Post #4

Post by Feathered Serpent »

1st post on this forum.. thought I'd start in a fairly safe area! :)
ResidentAtheist wrote: It's Great to see a tv series that shows one possible explanation for the false gods of the past. It is a sad that they tip-toe around the God-God though.

They did reference the God-God though a little in the Season 3 ep "Demons". I agree it would have been nice to pursue that idea a bit more, though no doubt there would have been uproar from the Christian members of the audience.

I'm still convinced Jesus was an Ancient though... :D

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by Cathar1950 »

Feathered Serpent wrote:1st post on this forum.. thought I'd start in a fairly safe area! :)
ResidentAtheist wrote: It's Great to see a tv series that shows one possible explanation for the false gods of the past. It is a sad that they tip-toe around the God-God though.

They did reference the God-God though a little in the Season 3 ep "Demons". I agree it would have been nice to pursue that idea a bit more, though no doubt there would have been uproar from the Christian members of the audience.

I'm still convinced Jesus was an Ancient though... :D
I guess it is a new metaphor for our time.
Jesus was also the son of an ancient astronaut.

Coyotero
Scholar

Post #6

Post by Coyotero »

ResidentAtheist wrote:
It's Great to see a tv series that shows one possible explanation for the false gods of the past.
Possible explanation, no doubt silly. Sillier to some than the idea of them actually being Gods.
ResidentAtheist wrote: It is a sad that they tip-toe around the God-God though.
Alienating part of your audience by saying their religion is bunk is bad for ratings.

kayky
Prodigy

Post #7

Post by kayky »

Squall wrote:I like the Character Thor, you would think Thor: Buff dude, blond hair, big hammer, drinks beer, and kicks butt alot...nope hes a grey with an effeminate some what geeky voice.
Michael Shanks (who plays Daniel Jackson) does the voice of Thor.

Treefur
Student

Post #8

Post by Treefur »

kayky wrote:
Squall wrote:I like the Character Thor, you would think Thor: Buff dude, blond hair, big hammer, drinks beer, and kicks butt alot...nope hes a grey with an effeminate some what geeky voice.
According to IMDB it's a guy named Paul Hooson. Do you have information that site doesn't?

kayky
Prodigy

Post #9

Post by kayky »

Treefur wrote:
kayky wrote:
According to IMDB it's a guy named Paul Hooson. Do you have information that site doesn't?
I own the first eight seasons on dvd (a bit of a fanatic). Shanks is named in the credits as the voice of Thor.

Coyotero
Scholar

Post #10

Post by Coyotero »

I think Michael Clarke Duncan would make a great Thor. If people could accept the idea of a black Thor... But I digress.