Moderator: Moderators

Metacrock
Guru

Re: Why wont god heal amputees?

Post #2

Post by Metacrock »

here's the answer:

Psa 104

104:1 Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.

Psa 104:2 Who coverest [thyself] with light as [with] a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:

Psa 104:3 Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind:

Psa 104:4 Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:

Psa 104:5 [Who] laid the foundations of the earth, [that] it should not be removed for ever.

Psa 104:6 Thou coveredst it with the deep as [with] a garment: the waters stood above the mountains.

Psa 104:7 At thy rebuke they fled; at the voice of thy thunder they hasted away.

Psa 104:8 They go up by the mountains; they go down by the valleys unto the place which thou hast founded for them.

Psa 104:9 Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over; that they turn not again to cover the earth.

Psa 104:10 He sendeth the springs into the valleys, [which] run among the hills.

Psa 104:11 They give drink to every beast of the field: the wild asses quench their thirst.

Psa 104:12 By them shall the fowls of the heaven have their habitation, [which] sing among the branches.

Psa 104:13 He watereth the hills from his chambers: the earth is satisfied with the fruit of thy works.

Psa 104:14 He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;

Psa 104:15 And wine [that] maketh glad the heart of man, [and] oil to make [his] face to shine, and bread [which] strengtheneth man's heart.

Psa 104:16 The trees of the LORD are full [of sap]; the cedars of Lebanon, which he hath planted;

Psa 104:17 Where the birds make their nests: [as for] the stork, the fir trees [are] her house.

Psa 104:18 The high hills [are] a refuge for the wild goats; [and] the rocks for the conies.

Psa 104:19 He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth his going down.

Psa 104:20 Thou makest darkness, and it is night: wherein all the beasts of the forest do creep [forth].

Psa 104:21 The young lions roar after their prey, and seek their meat from God.

Psa 104:22 The sun ariseth, they gather themselves together, and lay them down in their dens.

Psa 104:23 Man goeth forth unto his work and to his labour until the evening.

Psa 104:24 O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches.

Psa 104:25 [So is] this great and wide sea, wherein [are] things creeping innumerable, both small and great beasts.

Psa 104:26 There go the ships: [there is] that leviathan, [whom] thou hast made to play therein.

Psa 104:27 These wait all upon thee; that thou mayest give [them] their meat in due season.

Psa 104:28 [That] thou givest them they gather: thou openest thine hand, they are filled with good.

Psa 104:29 Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust.

Psa 104:30 Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.

Psa 104:31 The glory of the LORD shall endure for ever: the LORD shall rejoice in his works.

Psa 104:32 He looketh on the earth, and it trembleth: he toucheth the hills, and they smoke.

Psa 104:33 I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.

Psa 104:34 My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the LORD.

Psa 104:35 Let the sinners be consumed out of the earth, and let the wicked be no more. Bless thou the LORD, O my soul. Praise ye the LORD.

get it?

Now here's another one

"why wont God heal stupidity?"

think about it

http://www.doxa.ws/other/Miracles7.html

achilles12604
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by achilles12604 »

Site for a site

http://www.ctlibrary.com/ct/2004/september/30.80.html

There could be any number of reasons, even those we could not even comprehend. Tell you what; I will ask him when I get there. Then I will send back a message with an angel.
It is a first class human tragedy that people of the earth who claim to believe in the message of Jesus, whom they describe as the Prince of Peace, show little of that belief in actual practice.

The Real Truth
Student

Post #4

Post by The Real Truth »

Very nice little story you came up with there, but how about you actually pay attention to the question instead of pulling out some random answer that had nothing to do with anything next time Metacrock?

Metacrock
Guru

Post #5

Post by Metacrock »

achilles12604 wrote:
Site for a site

There could be any number of reasons, even those we could not even comprehend. Tell you what; I will ask him when I get there. Then I will send back a message with an angel.

what I see ps 104 saying is that there is an order God has created and that order sets boundires and we can't go past them. when we lose a limb that's damaing the fundamental stucture it's beyond the limit of the boundry set for healing.

but god still heals amptutees he just doesnt' re grow their limbs.

at least I advance this as a theoretical position and see how they ignore this one.

Furrowed Brow
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by Furrowed Brow »

Metacrock wrote:
achilles12604 wrote:
Site for a site

what I see ps 104 saying is that there is an order God has created and that order sets boundaries and we can't go past them. when we lose a limb that's damaing the fundamental stucture it's beyond the limit of the boundry set for healing.

at least I advance this as a theoretical position and see how they ignore this one.
Any non ad hoc reason you can put forward as to why amputees fall beyond the boundary. A sceptic might deduce that the difference between an amputee and nearly every other ailment you can think of, is that there are alternative explanations to religion. I.e. science or pure chance. But there is no chance of an amputee regrowing their limb, and science would sorely be tested to explain that one. So are you saying miracles can only happen where there is the possibility of an alternative explanation. Hmmm :-k That seems like a strange parasitic relationship. Again the sceptic might conclude the parasitic religious explanation is not actually needed.

Or are you saying God only heals what needs to be healed? So why does he not heal all illnesses/injuries the same way, whilst leaving the condition itself alone? Why does anyone even bother making a claim about a miraculous recovery, and say god cured my spirit but chance cured my illness.

Metacrock
Guru

Post #7

Post by Metacrock »

Furrowed Brow wrote:
Metacrock wrote:
achilles12604 wrote:
Site for a site

what I see ps 104 saying is that there is an order God has created and that order sets boundaries and we can't go past them. when we lose a limb that's damaing the fundamental stucture it's beyond the limit of the boundry set for healing.

Any non ad hoc reason you can put forward as to why amputees fall beyond the boundary. A sceptic might deduce that the difference between an amputee and nearly every other ailment you can think of, is that there are alternative explanations to religion. I.e. science or pure chance.

I just told you what it would be. there are boundires. there are natural stcutures and when we go beyond them we aern't dealing with repair but creation ex nihilo so that's beyond the boundry. when I said God still heals amputees I meant of emotional pain and other things. He still loves and helps them but restore limbs.

that's all hyothetical becuase there are couple of saints were said to have restored limbs. I have hreard reprots in Africa of things just as miaculous and a saint making miracle was also re grown lungs.

But there is no chance of an amputee regrowing their limb, and science would sorely be tested to explain that one. So are you saying miracles can only happen where there is the possibility of an alternative explanation. Hmmm :-k That seems like a strange parasitic relationship. Again the sceptic might conclude the parasitic religious explanation is not actually needed.

No but miracles are not done to prove things to science. God is not interested in empirically proving anything. If he was he would just appear on natioanl tv.

Or are you saying God only heals what needs to be healed? So why does he not heal all illnesses/injuries the same way, whilst leaving the condition itself alone? Why does anyone even bother making a claim about a miraculous recovery, and say god cured my spirit but chance cured my illness.

God heals people to touch their lives and to give that indivudal a sense of transformative power. ITs' not about porving things to science. there may be a physical limit which is natural and god wont go over it. For exmpale if we pray God will take the earth out of its orbit he probalby wont do that.

God doesn't heal all lillness because every healing it taylored and theer are peramitors, such as faith. not everyone has the faith for a healing. that's one exmaple.

Cogitoergosum
Sage

Post #8

Post by Cogitoergosum »

Metacrock wrote:
Furrowed Brow wrote:
Metacrock wrote:
achilles12604 wrote:
Site for a site

Any non ad hoc reason you can put forward as to why amputees fall beyond the boundary. A sceptic might deduce that the difference between an amputee and nearly every other ailment you can think of, is that there are alternative explanations to religion. I.e. science or pure chance.

I just told you what it would be. there are boundires. there are natural stcutures and when we go beyond them we aern't dealing with repair but creation ex nihilo so that's beyond the boundry. when I said God still heals amputees I meant of emotional pain and other things. He still loves and helps them but restore limbs.

that's all hyothetical becuase there are couple of saints were said to have restored limbs. I have hreard reprots in Africa of things just as miaculous and a saint making miracle was also re grown lungs.

But there is no chance of an amputee regrowing their limb, and science would sorely be tested to explain that one. So are you saying miracles can only happen where there is the possibility of an alternative explanation. Hmmm :-k That seems like a strange parasitic relationship. Again the sceptic might conclude the parasitic religious explanation is not actually needed.

No but miracles are not done to prove things to science. God is not interested in empirically proving anything. If he was he would just appear on natioanl tv.

God heals people to touch their lives and to give that indivudal a sense of transformative power. ITs' not about porving things to science. there may be a physical limit which is natural and god wont go over it. For exmpale if we pray God will take the earth out of its orbit he probalby wont do that.

God doesn't heal all lillness because every healing it taylored and theer are peramitors, such as faith. not everyone has the faith for a healing. that's one exmaple.
LMAO
So are you saying amputees don't have as much faith as other people?
Are you saying your omnipotent GOD cannot grow a meere limb? snails do it. Lizards do it. But god can't? so some animals can create limbs from nothing but god can't?
Please stop with the crayziness of lungs regrowing, if you are going to say absurdities like that show us some proof.
Beati paupere spiritu

melikio
Guru

Faith-hope-LOVE (it's all I have)

Post #9

Post by melikio »

I still believe in God; but I'm basically with the "atheists" on this one. And it is the very type of question where many more "Christians" need to learn to say that they simply do not know the answer.

Honestly, I've never though of that question. My question has ALWAYS been (until recently): "Why am I GAY, when I tried so hard to NOT BE GAY?" I AGONIZED for many decades as a faithful "Christian" over that simple yet poignant question. (Incidentally, that's something that many who are anti-gay and Christian aren't trained to "regard".) :(

And the thing I noticed most (which this thread reminds me of), is that the high-level spiritual, religious and pholosophical answers most will hand you, are no real consolation for the real suffering that comes from having some
injury, incurable disease or other seemingly unchangeable condition(s).

That question is another many Christians (and others) are too quick to believe they have the answer to. It has caused a LOT of problems; multitudes.

At the very least for me, it shows exacly why people have good reasons to be anywhere from "unbelieving" to "slightly-skeptical" about the nature of "religion" (particualrly Christianity). Most people are basically taught (conditioned) to NOT "ask" the types of questions posed by this thread. And that is but one reason why tend to naturally "upset" many who call themselves "Christian" (or otherwise faithful). These are REAL questions and conditions many have learned to endure (even without "faith"); to a person that has been conditioned to think in a primarily religious manner, that is what they turn to for answers. And while those answers may certainly seems to be sufficient for them, that just isn't the case for "everyone".

These are (at least) VALID (types of) questions. And if one believes in "God" or some other supernatural thing(s) which possesses the potential to REVERSE any given malady; then it would be reasonable to expect the type of healing commensurate with that kind of power or ability.

I DO believe in miracles and I have strong faith in other areas concerning religion; but it must ultimately be understood by many more, that the kind of LOVE that Jesus lived/promoted, leaves ROOM for those who for myriad reasons cannot be perfect, have perfect holiness, stay on the mark, retain perfect "faith" nor rise above their "condition(s)" as easily as SOME might.

Faith, hope and love have their places; and I DO thank God for them. But I cannot help but sympathize with every AFFECTED person on this planet who understands that they DO NOT have the answers to things that they seek. And this is exactly why people who are very "religious" need to get off of the backs of many who seemingly have little or no faith; or don't perhaps line up "morally" with their view of what is ideal. I for one, would never have originally thought that I'd personally lose nearly ALL of my faith (because of a single issue within my own life). To me, it's a daily "miracle" that I believe in God and have faith. Even so, I don't think I've ever seen an "explanation" for all the suffering, pain, fear and other negative aspects of this existence. Still, I DO realize that faith, hope and LOVE can/do mitigate them all.

And while losing that faith was absolutely "excruciating", the process by which that took place taught me so many things that I never did learn in "church". In fact, it's an integral part of the REAL ME, and the "just-as-I-am" that took me most of my life to simply acknowledge. From what I can tell, "Christians" aren't here to PREACH or COMPEL others into "belief", they are here to set REAL examples of what faith, hope and especially LOVE can DO in the life of one who values those very things. The POWER-GRAB many "Christians" are into, misses the addressing of the kinds of REAL questions posed by this thread. They rest at the core of many who intuitively know they possess such questions.

Promising or pretending that we somehow have answers for all questions, does the world no real good; it just shows that there are people with imaginations and the will to "act" as if they know. :(

-Mel-
"It is better to BE more like Jesus and assume to speak less for God." -MA-

Cogitoergosum
Sage

Re: Faith-hope-LOVE (it's all I have)

Post #10

Post by Cogitoergosum »

I do sympathize with you melikio, my brother went through the same process, it wasn't easy for him as i'm sure it was not easy for you coming to terms with the fact that you are gay. He is now comfortable admitting that he is gay, as i see that you are comfortable with who you are.
melikio wrote:
Even so, I don't think I've ever seen an "explanation" for all the suffering, pain, fear and other negative aspects of this existence. Still, I DO realize that faith, hope and LOVE can/do mitigate them all.
All you have to do to find a reasonable explanation for these is to believe there is no GOD. Then they all make sense.

Pain is very important for your survival, it tells you there is something wrong with your body and that you need to adress it. It cannot be a pleasant sensation or else you would enjoy it and not do anything to adress this problem. Natural selection has promoted the genes for pain, individuals who do not have them did nothing to adress issues that are wrong with their bodies and died. Believe it or not there are people, very rare, that do not feel pain. Take for example people with diabetes, they develop a neuropathiy in their legs to the point they lose sensation in them even pain. They have to constantly check their feet for injuries because they don't feel pain and so they can have an infection without them knowing. In my profession i've seen a lot of diabetics get feet amputated because they were badly infected and they didn't know it.

Fear is another good trick promoted by natural selection to enhance your survival. For example if you were not afraid of heights you might foolishly venture on the edge of a precipice and plumit to your death. If a gazelle was not afraid of a lion it would not flee and would be eaten. Fear is very beneficial, so natural selection promoted genes for fear. Soldiers who have no fear will fight in the front lines and are more likely to be killed.

Now of course Natural selection is not an intelligent or a conscious process, it is a blind adaptation. It has no way of knowing that these good tricks that would enhance your survival might be exploited by other individuals to cause you suffering. even though suffering exists and is unpleasant, pain is a valuable tool to natural selection and it is doubtful you will see it vanish.
Now if you believe in GOD, you should wonder why god did not make us pain free, he could have made it that when there is something wrong with your body a light comes on in your brain, kinda telling you to pop the hood and check the oil like in a car.
But if you believe that it is all unintelligent and blind, it would make sense, genes for pain developped, they were beneficial for gene survival so they were promoted. Natural selection is unlikely to fix it, since it ain't broken.

Faith is also essential. Genes for faith have been promoted for a reason. It is beneficial for you to have faith in what your parents tell you because it will promote your survival. it is a time saver. Instead of having to always learn at your own expense and have to prove everything yourself before embracing it, it is much more easier for you to have faith in what your parents or elders tell you, since it will save you valuable time that might otherwise be spent hunting for food, mating... Of course natural selection, again, being blind and unintelligent could not have foreseen that faith might be hijacked by cults and other beliefs and might sometimes be detrimental to your survival as it was the case for suicide bombers. But for now in the majority of cases it works and so it is here to stay.

i'll be happy to expand on the subject and on hope and love if you want, but i'm pressed for time now.
Beati paupere spiritu