why did the Pharesses need JUDAS?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Cogitoergosum
Sage

why did the Pharesses need JUDAS?

Post #1

Post by Cogitoergosum »

Multiple places in the NT it was stated that the people recognised jesus without being introduced to him, as soon as they saw him. Multiple times jesus was questionned by the pharesses in an attempt to trick him.
So y did the pharessees need JUDAS to deliver JESUS? they knew who jesus was. so what is the role of judas?
Beati paupere spiritu

tambi
Student

Post #2

Post by tambi »

I'm not sure ether why anyone would need Judas as an inside man, seeing as Jesus was something of a local celebrity, but it sure adds to the drama. The Gospel of Judas seems to shed some light on the whole story from Judas' slant on the whole story.

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lostg ... fJudas.pdf
"the world is waiting to do to you, whatever you may be doing to others" from Golden Words of a Sufi Sheikh.

Easyrider

Post #3

Post by Easyrider »

tambi wrote:I'm not sure ether why anyone would need Judas as an inside man, seeing as Jesus was something of a local celebrity, but it sure adds to the drama. The Gospel of Judas seems to shed some light on the whole story from Judas' slant on the whole story.

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lostg ... fJudas.pdf
The "Gospel of Judas" is a 2nd century, redacted Gnostic work, and there is little credible evidence Judas ever wrote it.

Cogitoergosum
Sage

Post #4

Post by Cogitoergosum »

i don't care when the gospel of judas was written, how about u answer my question about the role of judas easyrider.
Beati paupere spiritu

Easyrider

Post #5

Post by Easyrider »

Cogitoergosum wrote: i don't care when the gospel of judas was written..
So you'll buy into almost anything, I guess?

Cogitoergosum wrote:how about u answer my question about the role of judas easyrider.

Multiple places in the NT it was stated that the people recognised jesus without being introduced to him, as soon as they saw him. Multiple times jesus was questionned by the pharesses in an attempt to trick him.

So y did the pharessees need JUDAS to deliver JESUS? they knew who jesus was. so what is the role of judas?
He knew where Jesus was going to be at night, so they could slither in like a thief in the night and get him. Duh.

Cogitoergosum
Sage

Post #6

Post by Cogitoergosum »

i don't care when the gospel of judas was written..
First i did not say i bought into it
Second this comes from a person who believes in adam and eve and creationism, please!
He knew where Jesus was going to be at night, so they could slither in like a thief in the night and get him. Duh.
this argument wouldn't pass buy a 2 year old, they still could have arrested him anytime without judas
Beati paupere spiritu

Easyrider

Post #7

Post by Easyrider »

Cogitoergosum wrote:
i don't care when the gospel of judas was written..
First i did not say i bought into it
Second this comes from a person who believes in adam and eve and creationism, please!
this argument wouldn't pass buy a 2 year old, they still could have arrested him anytime without judas
Then why didn't they? The Biblical answer is that Jesus had divine favor / protection to finish his ministry until such time as his appointed time had come to be handed over.

Cogitoergosum
Sage

Post #8

Post by Cogitoergosum »

Easyrider wrote:
Then why didn't they? The Biblical answer is that Jesus had divine favor / protection to finish his ministry until such time as his appointed time had come to be handed over.
Still dancing around the question. EVERYBODY knew who was jesus, why did judas have to go point him out to them?
Beati paupere spiritu

Easyrider

Post #9

Post by Easyrider »

Cogitoergosum wrote:
Easyrider wrote:
Still dancing around the question. EVERYBODY knew who was jesus, why did judas have to go point him out to them?
Already answered. You're just avoiding the answers.

Cogitoergosum
Sage

Post #10

Post by Cogitoergosum »

Easyrider wrote: Then why didn't they? The Biblical answer is that Jesus had divine favor / protection to finish his ministry until such time as his appointed time had come to be handed over.
by this, intresting (sarcasm) answer, u mean mean the pharesses did not have a FREE WILL to arrest him at any other time? because he was protected by GOD?
Beati paupere spiritu