God created all things by Jesus Christ

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Stewardofthemystery
Student

God created all things by Jesus Christ

Post #1

Post by Stewardofthemystery »

This is another way to prove the identity of Jesus Christ the Son of God as being the very Word of God.

Notice…

Ephesians 3:9
And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

And here….

Hebrews 1:2
Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

And here….

Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

In the above 3 verses we see that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and the Word of God are the same, by which God created all things.

Peace and God bless

onewithhim
Savant

Re: God created all things by Jesus Christ

Post #2

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to Stewardofthemystery in post #1]
Indeed, Jesus was the Word of God....but not God.

Stewardofthemystery
Student

Post #3

onewithhim wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:37 pm [Replying to Stewardofthemystery in post #1]
God is in His Word (Christ)…

2 Corinthians 5:19
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

John 14:10
Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #4

Post by onewithhim »

Stewardofthemystery wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:50 pm
onewithhim wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:37 pm [Replying to Stewardofthemystery in post #1]

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Jesus said that the Father was "in me" just as the Father was in his disciples. Jesus said in his prayer to God: "I do not pray for these only [disciples] but also for those who are to believe in me [future disciples] through their word, that they may all be one; even as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be in us , so that the world may believe that thou hast sent me." (John 17:20-22, Revised Standard Version) Therefore, God being "in" someone doesn't mean literally, but there is a oneness of thought and action on the part of God, Jesus, and the disciples, for God is "in" them also. Are the disciples God?

Stewardofthemystery
Student

Post #5

onewithhim wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:07 am

Jesus said that the Father was "in me" just as the Father was in his disciples. Jesus said in his prayer to God: "I do not pray for these only [disciples] but also for those who are to believe in me [future disciples] through their word, that they may all be one; even as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be in us , so that the world may believe that thou hast sent me." (John 17:20-22, Revised Standard Version) Therefore, God being "in" someone doesn't mean literally, but there is a oneness of thought and action on the part of God, Jesus, and the disciples, for God is "in" them also. Are the disciples God?
The difference between Christ and his disciples is that the fullness of the Godhead was in Christ.

Colossians 2:9
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #6

Post by onewithhim »

Stewardofthemystery wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:26 am
onewithhim wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:07 am

The difference between Christ and his disciples is that the fullness of the Godhead was in Christ.

Colossians 2:9
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
The point was that God can dwell in the disciples as well as Jesus, so your point that that makes Jesus God is negated, unless the disciples are also God.

"The Godhead" is not a translation that most of the Bibles I see have used. Most of them say, as does the 21st Century New Testament: "because in him is bodily residing all the fullness of the GODSHIP, or, Deity." There is no "Godhead," pointing to a trinity. Col.2:9 just means that Jesus fully embodies divine authority and power. He, as other scriptures attest, is the exact IMAGE of God and His representative, so he was given authority and power. He didn't already have it.

Jesus said: "All authority was GIVEN to me in heaven and upon Earth." (Matthew 28:18)

Stewardofthemystery
Student

Post #7

[Replying to onewithhim in post #6]
Right, all the power and authority that God has is also given to God’s Word (or Son) Jesus Christ.

God’s Word is the first thing that God empowered to give Life.

John 5:26
For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;”

This is why Christ (the Word of God) is shown as the firstborn of all creation, because the power to create Life and to give Life was first given to God’s Word Jesus Christ by God.

There is only One God, His Word, and His Holy Spirit, these are One by the Spirit of God.

God is Spirit
God’s Word is Spirit
God’s Holy Spirit is Spirit

Stewardofthemystery
Student

Post #8

God’s Word (Christ) is the power and wisdom of God by which all things were created.

1 Corinthians 1:24
But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Jeremiah 10:12
He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion.

Jeremiah 51:15
He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heaven by his understanding.

Proverbs 3:19
The Lord by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #9

Post by onewithhim »

Stewardofthemystery wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:17 am God’s Word (Christ) is the power and wisdom of God by which all things were created.

But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion.

He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heaven by his understanding.

The Lord by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens.
"The Lord" here is Jehovah, YHWH (the Tetragrammaton). Everywhere we see LORD in all capital letters, that is where the name of God, YHWH, appears in Hebrew texts throughout the Scriptures. It is Jehovah that is said to have "made the earth by his power and wisdom." Jesus, His Son, was Jehovah's means by which He made the earth and everything else. He gave His Son the power and wisdom to carry out His will.

Stewardofthemystery
Student

Post #10

onewithhim wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:01 am
Stewardofthemystery wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:17 am God’s Word (Christ) is the power and wisdom of God by which all things were created.

"The Lord" here is Jehovah, YHWH (the Tetragrammaton). Everywhere we see LORD in all capital letters, that is where the name of God, YHWH, appears in Hebrew texts throughout the Scriptures. It is Jehovah that is said to have "made the earth by his power and wisdom." Jesus, His Son, was Jehovah's means by which He made the earth and everything else. He gave His Son the power and wisdom to carry out His will.
1 Corinthians 8:6
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.