Moderator: Moderators

Masterblaster
Sage

Matthew 11:28 ' Hope in God? '

Post #1

Post by Masterblaster »

Hello

Matthew 11:28
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

I went down to the beach this morning. A 180 degree turn for the better ,in the weather, has brought about a total transformation. Children are in T-shirts, Dads are eating ice- cream. Mams are having breakfast alfresco. Horses and dogs are being exercised. Almost everyone is talkative and happy and life appears suddenly wonderful. This spell of weather is predicted to last until the 25th.

Jesus encourages people to 'fall into God'. Embrace God totally and joyfully,...just like a sunny day. Become uplifted and eternal, in the moment.

QUESTION

How can this be a scam?

Thanks
'Love God with all you have and love others in the same way.'

Masterblaster
Sage

Re: Matthew 11:28 ' Hope in God? '

Post #2

Post by Masterblaster »

Hello

In religious debate, Good News, is No News! God is free,....God always was free. This deal sounds too good to be true but ,I promise you ,I tell the truth.

Fresh water was free, once. It is the most precious commodity ,for humans, on this earth. We thought nothing of it until we were paying for it in bottles. Now people make a good living off of selling little else. Religion is a toll bridge to God. People's natural inclination towards wellness has been corralled and blocked to create control.

God is and should remain, a free resource for all.

Thanks

Clownboat
Savant

Post #3

Post by Clownboat »

Masterblaster wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:10 am QUESTION

How can this be a scam?

Thanks
In exactly the same way religious people find competing religions to be a scam. If you were born in Iran, you would use this very same reasoning to justify Islam. Being religious due to where you were born is an odd justification to me, yet that is how a vast majority determine which religion to not view as a scam.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Clownboat
Savant

Post #4

Post by Clownboat »

Masterblaster wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:36 pm God is and should remain, a free resource for all.

Thanks
The gods are a free resource for all. Humans from all over the world, throughout all recorded time have been using this free resource to invent concepts to explain the unknown. Therefore, I don't understand your phrase above. Can you clarify?
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Masterblaster
Sage

Post #5

Post by Masterblaster »

Clownboat wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:04 pm
Masterblaster wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:36 pm God is and should remain, a free resource for all.

Thanks
The gods are a free resource for all. Humans from all over the world, throughout all recorded time have been using this free resource to invent concepts to explain the unknown. Therefore, I don't understand your phrase above. Can you clarify?
Hello Clownboat

Thank You for showing some interest in this thread.
In the Wild West, rivers and access to water were claimed and restricted. The rivers were always free. God has always been free but the illusions of restrictions and barricades have been skillfully reinforced by religious doctrines, over time.

People have had their theistic confidence eroded to a point where they will follow the signposted pathways to any God rather than step towards actual God, in an unrehearsed and free way. What was natural is now obtuse but that does not mean that God is not still, a freely available resource for everyone to use at will.

They may be able to taint the water but God is unchanged. People are being groomed to ' not like God', unless it is sold in bottle form.

The Bible is full of Scripture quotes that advise an abandonment into God whereby the individual just let's their journey with God happen. The Jesus quote in Matthew is a continuation of this spontaneous invite.

It is easy, ...it is no burden.
It is a refuge for hope..imho!

Clownboat - "Humans from all over the world, throughout all recorded time have been using this free resource to invent concepts to explain the unknown"

This is a poor use for the God resource and I doubt if it was ever the primary motivation or attraction for humans in their move towards God, either then or now. I do not use God for that, personally.

Thanks

Masterblaster
Sage

Post #6

Post by Masterblaster »

Hello

Job 12:7-10

7"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:
8 Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee.
9 Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the LORD hath wrought this?
10 In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind".

I have used this quote before. Think back to Adam when he tries to hide from God because of his self-consciousness. What was previously natural is now awkward. The default position,( the correct one), for man in relation to God was the previous one. Job states that all creatures just get on with knowing God. They instinctively feel their purpose. They share with us,an ability to be content within this God-life.

God is the same as God was at the start of time so that the Biblical narrative evolves to be about our journey with reference to an ever existing truth that is declared by everything around us. We continue to attempt to figure it out behind the arrogance of a handful of fig leaves, imho.

Drop the leaves and fall back into God.

Thanks

Clownboat
Savant

Post #7

Post by Clownboat »

Masterblaster wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:08 pm This is a poor use for the God resource
As I see it, it is the source for how we got all of our available god concepts. Yours included. Is there some reason we should treat your preferred god concept differently than other humans preferred god concepts?

You do realize don't you, that you would be a Muslim had you been born in Iran? I understand this, which is why it puzzles me when people talk about their god concept as being real or different when compared to other god concepts. Deep down, they argue for the god concept they argue for, due to geography. Geography is not a valid mechanism for arriving at a true god concept (if there is one). Do you agree or is geography the path to finding a true god concept?
and I doubt if it was ever the primary motivation or attraction for humans in their move towards God, either then or now.
Humans have been inventing god concept for possibly up to 200,000 years. It's hard for me to acknowledge this and pretend that humans finally got it right a matter of a few thousand years ago. During a time where humans around the entire globe had differing god concept that they believed in already mind you. It took the sword for Christianity to spread as much as it did (and smallpox and other European diseases in S. America) which brings us right back to geography ironically.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #8

Post by Clownboat »

Masterblaster wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:25 pm Think back to Adam when he tries to hide from God because of his self-consciousness.
I'm sorry, but to give credence to the Adam and Eve story would be to give it credit it doesn't yet deserve. Just like arguing against the earth being flat. Some claims don't even deserve to be argued against.

Be well!

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #9

Post by TRANSPONDER »

Yeah well .... I watched a few nice vids about a dude who stayed with various families and with a Black family sat round a table, holding hands and praying. It is what one does (I have sung songs to Jesus at a funeral before now :P ) and one shows respect to religions on their territory as no doubt they would to atheism on Our territory if we had any, and I thought 'this is about family and community, and religion does that well and atheism doesn't. It doesn't tap into that tribal and family -building bonding that evolution designed it to do.

Mind you, it means that atheism does not do division, tribalism and God is with us, when border disputes break out. So the scam (and scams they are) may have their uses, but we have to do the deBotton method (once the flavor of the month, but we never hear of it now and you cannot beat chocolate anyway) of using religion for its' benefits (as I use Vipassana meditation even if I don't credit Buddhism no more) while not taking along the baggage.

Of course :D the baggage is what is of value and the religious scam is what one must leave by the wayside. And what religious work shall I post as an excuse, this time?

I was going to post this ...no. This id better, orchestra not so remote and singer not so shrill (music critic! )
:mrgreen:

but my sound seems to have gone haywire.

Masterblaster
Sage

Post #10

Post by Masterblaster »

Clownboat wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:14 pm
Masterblaster wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:25 pm Think back to Adam when he tries to hide from God because of his self-consciousness.
I'm sorry, but to give credence to the Adam and Eve story would be to give it credit it doesn't yet deserve. Just like arguing against the earth being flat. Some claims don't even deserve to be argued against.

Be well!
Hello Clownboat

I hope that you did not think that I thought Adam and Eve was a real event. Consider it an allegorical parable, or a creation myth, or tribal folklore or whatever. The point is that there is insightfulness and truth within the narrative. Consider the evolution of modern man within the simple events of the Eden fall from God.
Thanks