Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Jesus is God - Acts 20:28

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... ersion=ESV

28 Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood.
So we are to pay careful attention and care for the church of God, which He obtained with his own blood.

Isn't it clear that God obtained the church with his own blood?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Tcg
Savant

Re: Jesus is God - Acts 20:28

Post #61

Post by Tcg »

LittleNipper wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:13 pm
Tcg wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:12 am
LittleNipper wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:53 pm
Tcg wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:09 pm [Replying to LittleNipper in post #53]

Moderator Intervention

I'll remind you one again of the following rule:

8. Extensive quotes from another source (particularly other websites) should state the source to avoid plagiarism.

You need to cite the source of the text you quoted. It is clearly not from your hand.

Rules
C&A Guidelines

Moderator interventions do not count as a strike against any posters. They are given at the discretion of a moderator when he or she feels that some sort of intervention is required.
I would suggest that the Baptist pastor Clarence Larkin is one of the very best authors regarding biblical doctrine anyone could read outside the Bible itself.
Moderator Intervention

If you are suggesting that he is the source of the text you provided without citation, then you need to state that clearly and give him credit for the words you quoted from him. This should be a standard practice whenever you quote from another to avoid violating rule number 8. For some reason you seem hesitant to abide by this rule. That needs to change.

Rules
C&A Guidelines

Moderator interventions do not count as a strike against any posters. They are given at the discretion of a moderator when he or she feels that some sort of intervention is required.
What I wrote unless otherwise mentioned in the text (those who were not even alive when Larkin was writing) is of my own wording.
Moderator Intervention

Then how do you explain the textual match with the article found here: https://bible.org/seriespage/man-trinit ... -soul-body?

Rules
C&A Guidelines

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #62

Post by LittleNipper »

Tcg wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:50 pm

Moderator Intervention

8. Extensive quotes from another source (particularly other websites) should state the source to avoid plagiarism.

You need to cite the source of the text you quoted. It is clearly not from your hand.

Rules
C&A Guidelines

I would suggest that the Baptist pastor Clarence Larkin is one of the very best authors regarding biblical doctrine anyone could read outside the Bible itself.
Moderator Intervention

If you are suggesting that he is the source of the text you provided without citation, then you need to state that clearly and give him credit for the words you quoted from him. This should be a standard practice whenever you quote from another to avoid violating rule number 8. For some reason you seem hesitant to abide by this rule. That needs to change.

Rules
C&A Guidelines

What I wrote unless otherwise mentioned in the text (those who were not even alive when Larkin was writing) is of my own wording.
Moderator Intervention

Then how do you explain the textual match with the article found here: https://bible.org/seriespage/man-trinit ... -soul-body?

Rules
C&A Guidelines

Christian doctrine, same topic... The Jehovah Witnesses do it all the time, and I never see a request made for which edition of The Watch Tower or AWAKE their dissertation originates from... However, I do like this version and so for your sake: https://bible.org/seriespage/man-trinit ... -soul-body

Tcg
Savant

Post #63

Post by Tcg »

LittleNipper wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:11 pm

Moderator Intervention

Rules
C&A Guidelines

Moderator Intervention

Rules
C&A Guidelines

Moderator Intervention

Rules
C&A Guidelines

Christian doctrine, same topic... The Jehovah Witnesses do it all the time, and I never see a request made for which edition of The Watch Tower or AWAKE their dissertation originates from... However, I do like this version and so for your sake: https://bible.org/seriespage/man-trinit ... -soul-body
Moderator Intervention

Are you suggesting the paragraphs long exact match is a coincidence?

Rules
C&A Guidelines

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #64

Post by LittleNipper »

Tcg wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:55 pm
LittleNipper wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:11 pm

Moderator Intervention

Rules
C&A Guidelines

Moderator Intervention

Rules
C&A Guidelines

Moderator Intervention

Rules
C&A Guidelines

Moderator Intervention

Are you suggesting the paragraphs long exact match is a coincidence?

Rules
C&A Guidelines

I'm not suggesting anything. I'm saying that it's a common doctrinal consideration among Dispensationalists, and any parts I used with regard to the various individuals and their considerations were revealed by their names that were included. Other than that, paraphrasing is not the same as copying.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #65

Post by JehovahsWitness »

LittleNipper wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:23 pm
The "Jehovah Witnesses" simply have no valid explanation ...
Are you suggesting that there is no scriptural support for Jesus being the SON of God inferior to the Father in rank, power and position?

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

To learn more please go to to other posts related to ...

THE DIVINE NAME , JESUS and ...THE "TRINITY TEXTS" DEBUNKED
TRINITY 2023: viewtopic.php?p=1112469#p1112469
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #66

Post by JehovahsWitness »

....Obviously, if GOD is triune in HIS nature, then our nature would also be triune, and that would make us in the image of GOD, OR since CHRIST has a body and HE created us, that would reveal HIM to be GOD.

I'll give my car, the keys and the garage its parked in to anyone that can make sense of that sentence.

Seriously it looks like there's some kind of logic being applied but for the life of me I cannot identify what it is.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Tcg
Savant

Post #67

Post by Tcg »

Other than that, paraphrasing is not the same as copying.
Moderator Intervention

You are now describing multiple paragraph word for word exact match as paraphrasing? You expect this to be believed?

Rules
C&A Guidelines

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #68

Post by LittleNipper »

Moderator Intervention

Until you address post #68, your replies will be removed.

Rules
C&A Guidelines

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #69

Post by LittleNipper »

Moderator Intervention

Until you address post #68, your replies will be removed.

Rules
C&A Guidelines