Questions about Jesus and JW’s

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

MissKate13
Sage

Questions about Jesus and JW’s

Post #1

Post by MissKate13 »

1. Jehovah’s Witnesses say Jesus was “a god.” This is how the NWT reads (John 1:1).

Do JW’s believe Jesus was a true or false god?

2. JW’s say Jesus is a created being.

When was Jesus (capital or lower case g) created?

I look forward to your responses to one or both questions.

MissKate13
”For unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins.” (John 8:24

LittleNipper
Scholar

Re: Questions about Jesus and JW’s

Post #621

Post by LittleNipper »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:50 pm
LittleNipper wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:57 pm
onewithhim wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:12 pm
LittleNipper wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:42 pm You do know that when JESUS CHRIST said, "I AM," HE used the word YHWH that you pronounce as JEHOVAH? You may wish to read the following in conjunction with this issue: https://www.gotquestions.org/is-Jesus-Yahweh.html
No Jesus did not say "I AM" to prove that he is God, and neither did he mention Jehovah's name when saying what he said to the Pharisees in this case. What Jesus said to the Pharisees was to this effect: "Before Abraham was even born, I existed."

If someone who says "I am" means that they are God, then the blind man in the 9th chapter of John is also God.
That is not what the CHRIST meant: https://www.gotquestions.org/before-Abr ... -I-am.html
It certainly is. See another source other than from Jehovah's Witnesses, that present the same thing---"Before Abraham was born I existed"---that is The Living Bible. There are also many other versions that say the same thing. And has your source of information explained why the blind man could say "I am" and yet not be God? (John 9:9) If just saying "I Am" means you are God, then the blind man would also be God.
That's not the words JESUS used. JESUS used the term JEHOVAH and applied it to HIMSELF. The phrase 'I am who I am" in the Hebrew is YHWH, often translated as “LORD,” “YaHWaH,” and is referred to in theology as the tetragrammaton (“a word having four letters”). The literal translation of the term is “I be that I be,” JESUS in Hebrew announced "I be that I be" or YHWH or as JW's wish say JEHOVAH that is LORD.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #622

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to LittleNipper in post #621]

You haven't answered my question as to the blind man at John 9:9. If "I am" meant that the person was God, then the blind man is also God. Jesus never meant to claim that he was God. There is alot more that can be said about John 8:58. It takes a little research and thought.

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #623

Post by LittleNipper »

onewithhim wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:19 am [Replying to LittleNipper in post #621]

You haven't answered my question as to the blind man at John 9:9. If "I am" meant that the person was God, then the blind man is also God. Jesus never meant to claim that he was God. There is alot more that can be said about John 8:58. It takes a little research and thought.
JESUS likely spoke in Hebrew when HE communicated to the learned Jewish teachers of the LAW. The blind man likely spoke Aramaic. The Bible is a manuscript and except in very specific places doesn't not present what language was in fact being spoken and by whom. JESUS is GOD and not either "a god" nor an angel. And only JESUS is called GOD's SON. https://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-Son-of-God.html

onewithhim
Savant

Post #624

Post by onewithhim »

LittleNipper wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:53 am
onewithhim wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:19 am [Replying to LittleNipper in post #621]

JESUS likely spoke in Hebrew when HE communicated to the learned Jewish teachers of the LAW. The blind man likely spoke Aramaic. The Bible is a manuscript and except in very specific places doesn't not present what language was in fact being spoken and by whom. JESUS is GOD and not either "a god" nor an angel. And only JESUS is called GOD's SON. https://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-Son-of-God.html
Then if Jesus is God, how can he be God's Son? Is God his own Son as well?

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #625

Post by LittleNipper »

onewithhim wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:53 pm
LittleNipper wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:53 am

Then if Jesus is God, how can he be God's Son? Is God his own Son as well?
If JESUS is GOD's SON, how can HE be the SON of MAN?

“And Jesus said to him, ‘Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head.’” (Matthew 8:20)

“… even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” (Matthew 20:28)

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #626

Post by LittleNipper »

[Replying to LittleNipper in post #625] So since JESUS can be both SON of GOD and Son of Man (the Bible clearly states this reality), it becomes obvious that JESUS can be both GOD and the SON at he same time. Please review the following: https://christianity.net.au/questions/h ... d_gods_son

onewithhim
Savant

Post #627

Post by onewithhim »

LittleNipper wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:44 pm [Replying to LittleNipper in post #625] So since JESUS can be both SON of GOD and Son of Man (the Bible clearly states this reality), it becomes obvious that JESUS can be both GOD and the SON at he same time. Please review the following: https://christianity.net.au/questions/h ... d_gods_son
We're talking about God and Jesus. You say that Jesus is God. How can he be his own Son? You haven't explained that successfully.

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #628

Post by LittleNipper »

onewithhim wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:01 pm
LittleNipper wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:44 pm [Replying to LittleNipper in post #625] So since JESUS can be both SON of GOD and Son of Man (the Bible clearly states this reality), it becomes obvious that JESUS can be both GOD and the SON at he same time. Please review the following: https://christianity.net.au/questions/h ... d_gods_son
We're talking about God and Jesus. You say that Jesus is God. How can he be his own Son? You haven't explained that successfully.
Because GOD is a GODHEAD (a plurality) made up of THREE BEINGS of which the one called THE FATHER is an eternal being. The one called the SON is an eternal being. And the one called the HOLY SPIRIT/COMFORTER is an eternal being. These three are ONE GOD. THEY are ONE and work together in unison for the same exact goal which is THEIR HONOR and GLORY with a shared LOVE of THEIR CREATION.

I'm sorry if this is incomprehensible to you, but that is as it should be to all who would deny the full LORDSHIP of CHRIST.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #629

Post by onewithhim »

LittleNipper wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:03 pm
Because GOD is a GODHEAD (a plurality) made up of THREE BEINGS of which the one called THE FATHER is an eternal being. The one called the SON is an eternal being. And the one called the HOLY SPIRIT/COMFORTER is an eternal being. These three are ONE GOD. THEY are ONE and work together in unison for the same exact goal which is THEIR HONOR and GLORY with a shared LOVE of THEIR CREATION.

I'm sorry if this is incomprehensible to you, but that is as it should be to all who would deny the full LORDSHIP of CHRIST.
I do not deny the Lordship of Christ. I just don't believe he is God, and the Bible doesn't show that he is God. Please provide specific scriptures that show that he is God.

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #630

Post by LittleNipper »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:37 am
LittleNipper wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:03 pm

I do not deny the Lordship of Christ. I just don't believe he is God, and the Bible doesn't show that he is God. Please provide specific scriptures that show that he is God.
GOD created the heavens and the earth (and I know of nothing else so capable). Yet the SON also has this ability. Critical to the theology in Hebrews is that Christ created and sustains the world. He is the Son “through whom [God] also created the worlds” (Heb. 1:2). Therefore, Hebrews is a book about Christ, the creator, at work in his workplace, the creation. This may be surprising to some who are used to thinking of the Father alone as creator. But Hebrews is con­sistent with the rest of the New Testament (e.g., John 1:3; Col. 1:15–17) in naming Christ as the Father’s agent in creation.[1] Because Christ is fully God, “the reflection of God’s glory and the exact imprint of God’s very being” (Heb. 1:3), the writer of Hebrews can refer interchangeably to Christ or the Father as the Creator.

Jesus also pointed out that ONLY GOD IS GOOD. And yet JESUS was not denying that HE was "GOOD". Please regard the following if you are interested: https://answersingenesis.org/answers/bi ... esus-good/
Is GOD your Lord or is JESUS CHRIST your Lord? The Lord is someone deserving of praise and WORSHIP! As TRIUNE all worship is dynamic as it shared among the entire GODHEAD (FATHER, SON, HOLY SPIRIT).