Questions about Jesus and JW’s

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

MissKate13
Sage

Questions about Jesus and JW’s

Post #1

Post by MissKate13 »

1. Jehovah’s Witnesses say Jesus was “a god.” This is how the NWT reads (John 1:1).

Do JW’s believe Jesus was a true or false god?

2. JW’s say Jesus is a created being.

When was Jesus (capital or lower case g) created?

I look forward to your responses to one or both questions.

MissKate13
”For unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins.” (John 8:24

LittleNipper
Scholar

Re: Questions about Jesus and JW’s

Post #611

Post by LittleNipper »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:23 am
LittleNipper wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:27 pm
The FATHER and the SON are two different beings. I can certainly say that I am in the likeness of my dad. We are two different beings even though we are both human.
A very good illustration.

JESUS PRAYED TO HIS SAVIOR
HEBREWS 5:7 NIV

During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death

Jesus Christ Is Designated Savior - see post # 12

Luke 2:11 - see post # 2 “For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.”
John 4:42 see post # 3 “We have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.”
Acts 5:31 - see post # 12 - Jesus “hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.”
Acts 13:23 - see post # 12 “Of this man’s seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus.”
Phil. 3:20 - see post # 3 “From whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.”
2 Tim. 1:10 - see post # 3 “But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.”
Titus 1:4 - see post # 3 “The Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.”
1 John 4:14 - see post # 12 “And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.”

TRINITY 2023: viewtopic.php?p=1112469#p1112469
To learn more please go to to other posts related to ...

THE "TRINITY TEXTS" DEBUNKED , LORD & SAVIOUR and ... JESUS
JESUS was fully man and fully GOD and as human he depended upon HIS FATHER in heaven, as we should. Please consider the following which isn't published by the JW organization: https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/arti ... -pray-god/

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #612

Post by myth-one.com »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:00 pm
JumpingJackFlash wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:38 pm

In the beginning was the Word(Jesus, the name of the Word), and the Word(Jesus, the name of the Word) was with God, and the Word(Jesus, the name of the Word) was God

True or false?
True.
There are two type of bodies -- natural and spiritual.

The Word is God, and God is a Spirit with a spiritual body.

Jesus was the Word made flesh so Jesus had a natural body.

They have different type of bodies, so they are different.

Also, The Word existed in the beginning. But the Word made flesh was born about 2024 years ago. So they lived during different periods.

<===============================>

I have a question about JW's.

Onewithhim continually argues that believers will rule the earth forever with Jesus as natural bodied human beings.

Is that a JW belief?

Thanks in advance.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #613

Post by JehovahsWitness »

LittleNipper wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:03 pm JESUS was fully man and fully GOD and as human he depended upon HIS FATHER in heaven, as we should. ...
And what about now that he has rerurned to heaven? Jesus is now a spirit in heaven yet he STILL submits to his Father. The Father is still now Jesus HEAD. How do you explain this if they are both equal in power , rank and authority?

THERE IS NO SCRIPTURE IN THE BIBLE THAT SAYS THE FATHER AND SON ARE PRESENTLY "PERFECTLY EQUAL.

1 Corinthians 15:28

When everything is subject to Christ, then the SON HIMSELF will also be subject to the ONE who subjected everything to HIM...
JEHOVAH'S WITNESS
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #614

Post by LittleNipper »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:23 am
LittleNipper wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:03 pm JESUS was fully man and fully GOD and as human he depended upon HIS FATHER in heaven, as we should. ...
And what about now that he has rerurned to heaven? Jesus is now a spirit in heaven yet he STILL submits to his Father. The Father is still now Jesus HEAD. How do you explain this if they are both equal in power , rank and authority?

THERE IS NO SCRIPTURE IN THE BIBLE THAT SAYS THE FATHER AND SON ARE PRESENTLY "PERFECTLY EQUAL.

When everything is subject to Christ, then the SON HIMSELF will also be subject to the ONE who subjected everything to HIM...
JEHOVAH'S WITNESS
I must beg to differ. Christ ascended bodily into heaven and now is seated to the right of the FATHER. And a biblical proof of this is how both Enoch and Elijah were taken into heaven and they had not physically died. I don't wish to hurt your feelings but the JW Organization has every reason to assume their various doctrine. Each one rests on the other and if one is shown to be in error, the rest of it begins to fall apart. Christ took on a human form and remains as such. You maybe willing to read the following. I find that this group is very straight forward and have nothing to sell, but promote CHRIST: https://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-in-Heaven.html

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #615

Post by JehovahsWitness »

LittleNipper wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:59 am I must beg to differ. ...

You "beg to differ" with scripture? Can you see these words ?

1 CORINTHIANS 11:3 - King James Bible

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God

Can you explain the above two passages?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

onewithhim
Savant

Post #616

Post by onewithhim »

LittleNipper wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:03 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:23 am
LittleNipper wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:27 pm
The FATHER and the SON are two different beings. I can certainly say that I am in the likeness of my dad. We are two different beings even though we are both human.
A very good illustration.

JESUS PRAYED TO HIS SAVIOR
HEBREWS 5:7 NIV

During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death

Jesus Christ Is Designated Savior - see post # 12

Luke 2:11 - see post # 2 “For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.”
John 4:42 see post # 3 “We have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.”
Acts 5:31 - see post # 12 - Jesus “hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.”
Acts 13:23 - see post # 12 “Of this man’s seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus.”
Phil. 3:20 - see post # 3 “From whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.”
2 Tim. 1:10 - see post # 3 “But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.”
Titus 1:4 - see post # 3 “The Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.”
1 John 4:14 - see post # 12 “And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.”

TRINITY 2023: viewtopic.php?p=1112469#p1112469
To learn more please go to to other posts related to ...

THE "TRINITY TEXTS" DEBUNKED , LORD & SAVIOUR and ... JESUS
JESUS was fully man and fully GOD and as human he depended upon HIS FATHER in heaven, as we should. Please consider the following which isn't published by the JW organization: https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/arti ... -pray-god/
If Jesus was "fully God" he wouldn't have had to depend on anybody. And what do you say about I Corinthians 11:3 where it says that "the head of the Christ is God"? That was/is when he is back in heaven with his Father, no longer a human on Earth?? Even in heaven he is submissive to God, the Father.

This book is not published by Jehovah's Witnesses, and it would be a good idea to check it out: Truth in Translation by Jason BeDuhn.

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #617

Post by LittleNipper »

You do know that when JESUS CHRIST said, "I AM," HE used the word YHWH that you pronounce as JEHOVAH? You may wish to read the following in conjunction with this issue: https://www.gotquestions.org/is-Jesus-Yahweh.html
Note the following:
GOD in the Old Testament
I AM (Exodus 3:14–15; Isaiah 48:12)
The Shepherd (Psalm 23:1)
The Light (Psalm 27:1)
The Rock (Psalm 18:2)
Ruler of all (Isaiah 9:6)
Judge of all nations (Joel 3:12)
The Bridegroom (Isaiah 62:5; Hosea 2:16)
GOD’s Word never passes away (Isaiah 40:8)
The Sower (Jeremiah 31:27; Ezra 34:9)
First and the Last (Isaiah 48:12)

JESUS’ Reference to HIMSELF in the New Testament
I AM (John 8:58)
The Shepherd (John 10:11)
The Light (John 8:12)
The Rock (Matthew 7:24)
Ruler of all (Matthew 28:18)
Judge of all (John 5:22)
The Bridegroom (Matthew 25:1)
JESUS’ words never pass away (Mark 13:31)
The Sower (Matthew 13:3–9)
First and the Last (Revelation 1:17–18)
JESUS is not a god. JESUS is ONE with the FATHER. THEY with the HOLY SPIRIT are GOD.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #618

Post by onewithhim »

LittleNipper wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:42 pm You do know that when JESUS CHRIST said, "I AM," HE used the word YHWH that you pronounce as JEHOVAH? You may wish to read the following in conjunction with this issue: https://www.gotquestions.org/is-Jesus-Yahweh.html
No Jesus did not say "I AM" to prove that he is God, and neither did he mention Jehovah's name when saying what he said to the Pharisees in this case. What Jesus said to the Pharisees was to this effect: "Before Abraham was even born, I existed."

If someone who says "I am" means that they are God, then the blind man in the 9th chapter of John is also God.

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #619

Post by LittleNipper »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:12 pm
LittleNipper wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:42 pm You do know that when JESUS CHRIST said, "I AM," HE used the word YHWH that you pronounce as JEHOVAH? You may wish to read the following in conjunction with this issue: https://www.gotquestions.org/is-Jesus-Yahweh.html
No Jesus did not say "I AM" to prove that he is God, and neither did he mention Jehovah's name when saying what he said to the Pharisees in this case. What Jesus said to the Pharisees was to this effect: "Before Abraham was even born, I existed."

If someone who says "I am" means that they are God, then the blind man in the 9th chapter of John is also God.
That is not what the CHRIST meant: https://www.gotquestions.org/before-Abr ... -I-am.html

onewithhim
Savant

Post #620

Post by onewithhim »

LittleNipper wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:57 pm
onewithhim wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:12 pm

That is not what the CHRIST meant: https://www.gotquestions.org/before-Abr ... -I-am.html
It certainly is. See another source other than from Jehovah's Witnesses, that present the same thing---"Before Abraham was born I existed"---that is The Living Bible. There are also many other versions that say the same thing. And has your source of information explained why the blind man could say "I am" and yet not be God? (John 9:9) If just saying "I Am" means you are God, then the blind man would also be God.