Life of Brian

Religion in TV, Movies, Books, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Chem
Apprentice

Life of Brian

Post #1

Post by Chem »

Leaving aside for the minute some of the more preposterous (funnier) scenes in Monty Pythonn's classic "Life of Brian", could there be a grain of truth in the case for mistaken identity (wrong place, wrong time) regarding the actual events surrounding the Biblical Jesus?
"I'd rather know than believe" Carl Sagan.

"The worst Government is the most moral. One composed of cynics is often very tolerant and humane. But when the fanatics are on top there is no limit to oppression." H.L. Mencken

achilles12604
Site Supporter

Re: Life of Brian

Post #2

Post by achilles12604 »

Chem wrote:Leaving aside for the minute some of the more preposterous (funnier) scenes in Monty Pythonn's classic "Life of Brian", could there be a grain of truth in the case for mistaken identity (wrong place, wrong time) regarding the actual events surrounding the Biblical Jesus?
I suggest reviewing threads "the historical validity of Jesus" and "conspiracy theory". We covered this topic in great depth under those headings.
It is a first class human tragedy that people of the earth who claim to believe in the message of Jesus, whom they describe as the Prince of Peace, show little of that belief in actual practice.

Chem
Apprentice

Post #3

Post by Chem »

I suggest reviewing threads "the historical validity of Jesus" and "conspiracy theory". We covered this topic in great depth under those headings.
Apologies, keeping track of every topic is nearly impossible.

Thanks.
"I'd rather know than believe" Carl Sagan.

"The worst Government is the most moral. One composed of cynics is often very tolerant and humane. But when the fanatics are on top there is no limit to oppression." H.L. Mencken