Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Tart
Banned
Banned

Can an amputee grow a limb?

Post #1

Post by Tart »

Im still wondering about this claim... What person who asks such a question will come to faith in Christ and truly demonstrate an answer?

Or what faithful person will truly ask such a prayer in faith?

I want to know the answer, though i wont ask it cuase im not faithful to such a prayer... Im a rational person...

Tcg
Savant

Re: Can an amputee grow a limb?

Post #2

Post by Tcg »

Tart wrote: Im still wondering about this claim... What person who asks such a question will come to faith in Christ and truly demonstrate an answer?

Or what faithful person will truly ask such a prayer in faith?

I want to know the answer
I'd suggest you find an amputee who has had a limb regrown. They should be able to answer the question you want to know the answer to.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Willum
Savant

Post #3

Post by Willum »

I think they are working on such technologies.
It involves placing a "flesh" template under the skin - it takes a long time, and there are other challenges.
I will never understand how someone who claims to know the ultimate truth, of God, believes they deserve respect, when they cannot distinguish it from a fairy-tale.

You know, science and logic are hard: Religion and fairy tales might be more your speed.

To continue to argue for the Hebrew invention of God is actually an insult to the very concept of a God. - Divine Insight

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by Tart »

"6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do." (James 1)

Tcg
Savant

Post #5

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to post 4 by Tart]

Sure. It is always man's fault when God is incapable of performing the miracles he claims to be capable of. It is as if meager humans have the power to hamstring the "almighty God."

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by Tart »

Tcg wrote: [Replying to post 4 by Tart]

Sure. It is always man's fault when God is incapable of performing the miracles he claims to be capable of. It is as if meager humans have the power to hamstring the "almighty God."

Tcg
Who is the faithful who asked such a prayer, you claim they are, but where are they?

Will you come to faith in Christ to see?

Mithrae
Prodigy

Post #7

Post by Mithrae »

[Replying to post 1 by Tart]

The best-documented report I'm aware of is from 17th century Spain:
viewtopic.php?t=33692

Of particular interest in the context of Christian apologetics, the evidence here is much stronger than for the alleged resurrection of Jesus - including the sworn testimonies under cross-examination of four named medical workers at the hospital where Miguel Juan Pellicero's lower leg was amputated, along with various others who knew him as a one-legged beggar in the two years before it grew back - yet obviously there is still plenty of room for doubt. Curiously, in all the times I've raised the subject there's been precious few people willing to seriously (if vaguely) quantify their uncertainty on the subject; precious few sceptics willing to acknowledge that the evidence is strong enough to be all but conclusive if it were a less extraordinary event, for example, and few Christians willing to admit what the comparison implies about the (un)likelihood of the gospel tales.

Tcg
Savant

Post #8

Post by Tcg »

Tart wrote:

Will you come to faith in Christ to see?
Been there, done that. No need to rinse and repeat. I already know the answer.

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

JJ50
Banned
Banned

Post #9

Post by JJ50 »

Amputees cannot regrow limbs, any so called faith healer claiming they can is a LIAR! I heard that Benny Hinn has made such claims. :shock:

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #10

Post by JehovahsWitness »

NOTE All posts I write represent my personal faith based beliefs as one of Jehovah's Witnesses

CAN FAITH GROW BACK AMPUTEE LIMBS?
  • ♦ANSWER Yes absolutely! Christ has already demonstrated his ability to build the missing flesh, muscles, bones and ligaments needed to restore amputee limbs. The healing the man with the withered hand would have required all those elements to restore his hand. If a miracle can restore a body four days dead and rotting in the grave, it can as demonstrated by Christ grow a new limbs for someone.

If someone has absolute faith in the one true God and his Son for his limb to be restored, there is no doubt it will be.

WHEN WILL PRAYERS FOR NEW LIMBS BE ANSWERED ?
    • The bible doesn't however say when prayers will be answered, it is reasonable to conclude the answers for prayers for new* limbs will be granted in God's new paradise where everyone will enjoy sound bodies in perfect health. * not artificial

JEHOVAHS WITNESS
Go to other posts related to

JESUS , MIRACLES, and MESSIANIC PROPHECY
NOTE All posts I write represent my personal faith based beliefs as one of Jehovah's Witnesses
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8