Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

JJ50
Banned
Banned

Toby's Dream

Post #1

Post by JJ50 »

We have a problem with knife crime here in the UK! It is illegal to carry knives as weapons, but it still happens.

Our 13 year old grandson wrote the following as part of his high school project, we are so proud of him.

Toby's Dream

I have a dream. A dream I wish will become reality. A dream in which there is no victim or perpetrator of a rising crime know as ‘Knife Crime. A dream that our nation is free of knife violence and a safer place for young and old, for the future generation and the ones after that.

I have a dream that our nation’s government isn’t so embroiled in political affairs such as Brexit that is drawing their eyes away from what matters the most. The people. For my dream is that young children and teenagers can live life to the full and not become a victim of knife crime. We need the best for them that is real them but how can that be when the police come knocking on your door with their condolences explaining you child has been stabbed. A depressing matter I know but it needs to be addressed.

And finally, I have a dream. A dream that is a reality. A dream in which the government has opened their eyes to the growing matter and enforced it. Setting up areas of operation like police stations assigned to knife crime or higher awareness is a start. Because dreams start with little things and then big to become reality. But we need to start now. For how can dreams become a reality without the small and big steps? Act now make it known.

Toby 13.