Did BigChrisfilm run away?

Where agnostics and atheists can freely discuss

Moderator: Moderators

Cephus
Prodigy

Did BigChrisfilm run away?

Post #1

Post by Cephus »

BigChrisfilm showed up with a lot of energy and tired old theist arguments, yet it seems that he's just up and run away when it became clear that quoting oft-disproven Christian websites isn't going to cut it around here.

Anyone want to bet that he ran back to whatever fundamentalist Christian forum he came from, claiming victory over the evil atheists?

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Re: Did BigChrisfilm run away?

Post #2

Post by McCulloch »

Cephus wrote:BigChrisfilm showed up with a lot of energy and tired old theist arguments, yet it seems that he's just up and run away when it became clear that quoting oft-disproven Christian websites isn't going to cut it around here.

Anyone want to bet that he ran back to whatever fundamentalist Christian forum he came from, claiming victory over the evil atheists?
How many tokens would you bet?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

bernee51
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by bernee51 »

Cephus wrote:BigChrisfilm showed up with a lot of energy and tired old theist arguments, yet it seems that he's just up and run away when it became clear that quoting oft-disproven Christian websites isn't going to cut it around here.

He isn't the first and won't be the last...

This appears to be where he hangs out, and

here's someting he posted on another site:

Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.
"Whatever you are totally ignorant of, assert to be the explanation of everything else"

William James quoting Dr. Hodgson

"When I see I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I see I am everything, that is love. My life is a movement between these two."

Nisargadatta Maharaj

Cephus
Prodigy

Post #4

Post by Cephus »

McCulloch wrote:How many tokens would you bet?
Oh, I've got a couple thousand I can throw in, I'm sure. I'm not at all surprised by this kind of thing, I could have predicted it once he made a couple posts. I'm just wondering why people like him, who can at least string a few words together semi-intelligently, flee while people like Suzanne, who couldn't form a rational argument if her life depended on it, just won't go away?

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by Cathar1950 »

I went to the site and found a couple more posted:
How about:
11) When someone tells you something you agree with its fact, but when someone who actually knows what they're talking about tells you something you dont like they're a lying, liberal NAZI atheist jew.
This sounds familiar :eyebrow:
Don't forget:

12) You believe that an all-powerful and rational god sacrificed himself to himself so he could violate an arbitrary rule that he made up and save his creation from his own wrath, except he was really his son.
I thought it was a comedy routine. Something like "you know your a redneck if".
You have been around to long when the same arguments are repeated over and over. I try to keep track of the threads but it is hard to remember where something is.

ENIGMA
Sage

Post #6

Post by ENIGMA »

He's made another round of posts in the Apologetics Forums here....
Gilt and Vetinari shared a look. It said: While I loathe you and all of your personal philosophy to a depth unplummable by any line, I will credit you at least with not being Crispin Horsefry [The big loud idiot in the room].

-Going Postal, Discworld

Cephus
Prodigy

Post #7

Post by Cephus »

ENIGMA wrote:He's made another round of posts in the Apologetics Forums here....
I saw that. Apparently someone went and told him elsewhere that we were laughing at him so he came back. I doubt it will last long.

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #8

Post by Cathar1950 »

I wasn't laughting behind his back.

Cmass
Guru

Post #9

Post by Cmass »

Bernee this is brilliant work, is it yours?
Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #10

Post by Cathar1950 »

It reminds me of "you know your a redneck if..."
I think they are developing their own modern mythologies.