Elijah John has joined the moderating team

Messages from the admins

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

Elijah John has joined the moderating team

Post #1

Post by otseng »

I'm pleased to announce that Elijah John has been added to the moderating team.

zeromeansnothing

Post #2

Post by zeromeansnothing »

My advice to you otseng, is to find independent moderation for your site, ask people who have no axe to grind if you can find them. Many of your current moderating team can hardly conduct a conversation without getting their claws out. Ask the most reasonable person that you know who has nothing else to do. The labyrinth of alliances and the idiosyncratic nature of the personalities involved, make contributing on your site, akin to 'running the gauntlet'. It's my fault, right?

ElCodeMonkey
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by ElCodeMonkey »

zeromeansnothing wrote: My advice to you otseng, is to find independent moderation for your site, ask people who have no axe to grind if you can find them. Many of your current moderating team can hardly conduct a conversation without getting their claws out. Ask the most reasonable person that you know who has nothing else to do. The labyrinth of alliances and the idiosyncratic nature of the personalities involved, make contributing on your site, akin to 'running the gauntlet'. It's my fault, right?
I'm not sure Otseng needs any extra advice. He's been successfully running the forum for many years and people continue to participate and even donate to his success. As to the recommendation though, it's likely impossible to find someone who is actually impartial and especially willing to moderate if they truly are. Even more so especially if they are not participating. Do you want to go moderate a forum about something you care nothing about? I don't care to even moderate when I DO care greatly. It's a lot of work and takeslots of participation. Moderators are needed, that's for sure. So this is what we end up with. If we disagree with a moderator action or behaviour, we're all free to bring it up to Otseng directly and such less-than-perfect moderators can eventually be removed from moderation. Personally, I think they're doing a fine job overall. I have yet to disagree with a banning and generally predict them before they occur. Anyone can see foul play but it's important to pick moderators who understand the difference between disagreement and personal attack or rudeness.
I'm Published! Christians Are Revolting: An Infidel's Progress
My Blog: Friendly By Nurture
The Wisdom I've gleaned.
My Current Beliefs.

otseng
Savant

Post #4

Post by otseng »

[Replying to zeromeansnothing]

Find someone who is totally unbiased, willing to moderate, cannot participate in any debates, and do it for free. Sounds impossible to me.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by McCulloch »

zeromeansnothing wrote: My advice to you otseng, is to find independent moderation for your site, ask people who have no axe to grind if you can find them. Many of your current moderating team can hardly conduct a conversation without getting their claws out. Ask the most reasonable person that you know who has nothing else to do. The labyrinth of alliances and the idiosyncratic nature of the personalities involved, make contributing on your site, akin to 'running the gauntlet'. It's my fault, right?
Not able to find disinterested, intelligent, altruistic people with loads of free time, otseng has done the next best thing. He has recruited a team of moderators, with a history of being civil and reasonable from as wide a variety of viewpoints as possible.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

ElCodeMonkey
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by ElCodeMonkey »

BTW, Welcome to the Moderators Elijah John! While I obviously don't always agree with your positions, I've found you to be quite civil and I expect you to do a good job :-). Congrats!
I'm Published! Christians Are Revolting: An Infidel's Progress
My Blog: Friendly By Nurture
The Wisdom I've gleaned.
My Current Beliefs.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #7

Post by ttruscott »

Congratulations, Elijah John,

Ted
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

zeromeansnothing

Post #8

Post by zeromeansnothing »

What moderators do in their spare time.

Danmark to dianaiad:''I always find I have trouble discussing 'Mormon stuff' with you because I not only respect you, I like you. You are one of several Mormon friends whose friendship compels me to soft peddle my opinions on Mormon theology, doctrines, and beliefs. And I say that even tho' you have explicitly invited me to not hold back.''

This type of pussyfooting makes me nauseous . I have received my last warning and so has NENB. You remember him, the guy you were too busy to loose to.

I will close the door on my way out. Please delete my account.