Islam: The Untold Story

To discuss Islam topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

Pazuzu bin Hanbi
Sage

Islam: The Untold Story

Post #1

Post by Pazuzu bin Hanbi »

So… did anybody happen to watch this on Channel 4? It seems to have garnered a lot of negative reactions from muslims all over Twitter:

Twitter Feed.
لا إلـــــــــــــــــــــــــــه

Jayhawker Soule
Sage

Post #2

Post by Jayhawker Soule »

Do you have a point?

Furrowed Brow
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by Furrowed Brow »

Looking at it now. It seems there is a 200 year window with lack of evidence for the standard history of Islam.

Lots of room for folk to "clean up" its history.

EDIT:

OK watched it all. Not sure what the complaints are about. Tom Holland pointed out the lack of physical and written evidence. Asked some pertinent questions but in a pretty soft and respectful way. He questioned whether Muhammad came from Mecca but gave no definitive answer. He ends up questioning the historical method and its potential for imperial bias and the need to question everything.

I think the C4 recieved a large number of complaints. Can anyone provide illumination. I don't get it.

Pazuzu bin Hanbi
Sage

Post #4

Post by Pazuzu bin Hanbi »

It questions the Islamic version of events, but coming from a non–muslim, surely that’s what would be expected? The sheer rage of some of the posts has astounded me. Personally, the book is better and goes into a lot more detail. However, I don’t think I’ve encountered a television programme in recent years that debunks, and so unapologetically, the central premise of Islam and Muslim mythology. One that emphasises the man–made quality of the religion.

I like it!
لا إلـــــــــــــــــــــــــــه