Was Jesus homosexual?

Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

Flail

Was Jesus homosexual?

Post #1

Post by Flail »

Question for debate:
Is there any evidence or information from which one could logically conclude that Jesus (or Paul for that matter) was or was not homosexual?

And why would that matter in the least?

99percentatheism
Banned
Banned

Re: Was Jesus homosexual?

Post #31

Post by 99percentatheism »

Flail wrote:
99percentatheism wrote:
Flail wrote: Question for debate:
Is there any evidence or information from which one could logically conclude that Jesus (or Paul for that matter) was or was not homosexual?
Jesus as an orthodox (fundamentalist) Jew would have been rejectedd and/or stoned to death by the orthodox fundamentalist disciples he surrounded himself with. It is clear that many thought he was the military version of the Messiah and left him in the dust when he showed he wasn't. To posit that Jesus was a man that had sex with a man as with a woman, is not only an incredibly dirty insult toward Jesus and all Christians (but not surprising in this days of New Atheism) but would have had him losing every disciple and apostle that he picked.

Because it is an afront to all Christians everywhere, and it is a sickening proposition meant for only defaming Jesus and His Church.
Claiming that all non believers will rot for eternity in hell is an affront beyond comparison....whether Jesus was gay or not is irrelevant to his message and teachings.
No it's not. From your perspective, we are no different than mythical Knights of the Round table telling you to respect Arthur or else.

To imply that Jesus was gay is simply an attack on Christians and Christianity.

And, it is the very reason all of you atheists cheer this crap on. You KNOW it's an assault on the Church.

And do a bit of research huh? It is not I that condemn you to hell, it is Jesus that makes it clear that it is your choice to deny Him. I just choose to believe Him and believe in Him.

Here read this. It'll take you two-minutes or less:

http://www.peterkreeft.com/topics/christ-divinity.htm

It won't be a waste of your time. I know you guys. I expect you'll get a good chuckle out of it at least.

Flail

Re: Was Jesus homosexual?

Post #32

Post by Flail »

99percentatheism wrote:
Flail wrote:
99percentatheism wrote:
Flail wrote: Question for debate:
Jesus as an orthodox (fundamentalist) Jew would have been rejectedd and/or stoned to death by the orthodox fundamentalist disciples he surrounded himself with. It is clear that many thought he was the military version of the Messiah and left him in the dust when he showed he wasn't. To posit that Jesus was a man that had sex with a man as with a woman, is not only an incredibly dirty insult toward Jesus and all Christians (but not surprising in this days of New Atheism) but would have had him losing every disciple and apostle that he picked.

Because it is an afront to all Christians everywhere, and it is a sickening proposition meant for only defaming Jesus and His Church.
Claiming that all non believers will rot for eternity in hell is an affront beyond comparison....whether Jesus was gay or not is irrelevant to his message and teachings.
No it's not. From your perspective, we are no different than mythical Knights of the Round table telling you to respect Arthur or else.

To imply that Jesus was gay is simply an attack on Christians and Christianity.

And, it is the very reason all of you atheists cheer this crap on. You KNOW it's an assault on the Church.

And do a bit of research huh? It is not I that condemn you to hell, it is Jesus that makes it clear that it is your choice to deny Him. I just choose to believe Him and believe in Him.

Here read this. It'll take you two-minutes or less:

http://www.peterkreeft.com/topics/christ-divinity.htm

It won't be a waste of your time. I know you guys. I expect you'll get a good chuckle out of it at least.

Done. Now I suggest you revisite Jesus' parables, his teaching on such things as judgement of others, altruism and love and treatment of others, particularly the ones you deem your enemies...please spend more than two minutes....do some soul searching...huh?

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #33

Post by McCulloch »

:warning: Moderator Warning

Please review our Rules.

Tex wrote: Tex: No...He was now an Apostles of Christ. No more women or men for him.
Waiting4evidence wrote: Only children
This appears to be deliberately inflammatory and adds nothing to the debate.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.