WICKED SPIRITS

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

chrisfol

WICKED SPIRITS

Post #1

Post by chrisfol »

TOO OFTEN PEOPLE SAY THEY HAVE SPOKEN TO THE DEAD. THE LATE JAMES A. PIKE, A PROMINENT EPISCOPALIAN BISHOP, STATED HE TALKED TO HIS DEAD SON, JIM. ACCORDING TO PIKE, HIS SON TOLD HIM: "I HAVE MASSES OF PEOPLE AROUND ME, AND HAND LIFTING ME UP, AS IT WERE...I WAS SO UNHAPPY UNTIL I COULD MAKE YOU KNOW."
SUCH EXPERIENCES ARE WAY TO COMMON, THEREFORE, IT IS APPARENT THAT MANY PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN WITH SOMEONE FROM THE SPIRIT WORLD. THE BIBLE IS VERY CLEAR ABOUT THIS WHEN IT STATES: "AS FOR THE DEAD, THEY ARE CONSCIOUS OF NOTHING AT ALL." (ECCLESIASTES9:5) SO IF IT IS NOT THE DEAD WHO ARE SPEAKING FROM THE SPIRIT WORLD, WHO ARE SPEAKING. WHO ARE MAKE-BELIEVING TO BE THESE DEAD PERSONS?
WICKED SPIRITS ARE, OF COURSE. THESE SPIRITS, OR DEMONS, ARE THOSE ANGELS WHO BECAME UNITED WITH SATAN IN REBELLION AGAINST THE ALMIGHTY GOD. BUT WHY DO THEY PRETEND TO BE PERSONS WHO HAVE DIED? THE IDEA IS TO ADVANCE THE SUGGESTION THAT THE DEAD ARE STILL LIVING SOMEWHERE ELSE. THIS TALKING TO THE DEAD OR (WICKED SPIRITS) HAVE ALSO LED MANY TO BELIEVE THE LIE THAT DEATH IS ONLY TRANSFERRING TO SOME OTHER LIFE. TO SPREAD THIS LIE, WICKED SPIRITS USE SPIRIT MEDIUMS, FORTUNE-TELLERS AND SORCERERS WITH SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE THAT ONLY SEEMS TO COME FORM PERSONS WHO HAVE DIED.

ENIGMA
Sage

Post #2

Post by ENIGMA »

THE POWER OF CAPS LOCK COMPELS YOU!!
THE POWER OF CAPS LOCK COMPELS YOU!!

On that note, I have it on good authority that vodka can be a powerful, or rather strong, alcoholic beverage. So the answer to your question can possibly be found, depending on whether you consider vodka to be a "wicked spirit" or just a "regular spirit".

Perhaps some evidential support for your argument might clarify things a bit.
Gilt and Vetinari shared a look. It said: While I loathe you and all of your personal philosophy to a depth unplummable by any line, I will credit you at least with not being Crispin Horsefry [The big loud idiot in the room].

-Going Postal, Discworld

ST88
Site Supporter

Re: WICKED SPIRITS

Post #3

Post by ST88 »

chrisfol wrote:SUCH EXPERIENCES ARE WAY TO COMMON, THEREFORE, IT IS APPARENT THAT MANY PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN WITH SOMEONE FROM THE SPIRIT WORLD...SO IF IT IS NOT THE DEAD WHO ARE SPEAKING FROM THE SPIRIT WORLD, WHO ARE SPEAKING. WHO ARE MAKE-BELIEVING TO BE THESE DEAD PERSONS?
There are a number of neurological phenomenae which are associated with sleep, including Night Terrors, in which the sufferer can be awakened abruptly from REM sleep and experience hallucinations. You will usually find that most of these "experiences" happen at night because they are dysfunctions of the sleeping state. The commonality of such experiences points to the common biology of the human brain, not towards a spiritual world.

pandorasbox
Student

Post #4

Post by pandorasbox »

When you ask why demons would want to be our dead relatives or what not, I have a Christian friend who explained to me that if Satan makes you believe that these spirits are real, and not the work of Satan, then Satan has deceived you. I personally don't agree with this, but it's one Christian's opinion. So therefore, if the Devil deceives you, you are one step closer to going to Hell I guess.

Chimp
Scholar

Post #5

Post by Chimp »

I think the irony is chrisfol's name is in lowercase :)

Maybe it's people who haven't accepted their death...that's the Hollywood
take on ghosts.

NINTY15

Post #6

Post by NINTY15 »

pandorasbox wrote:When you ask why demons would want to be our dead relatives or what not, I have a Christian friend who explained to me that if Satan makes you believe that these spirits are real, and not the work of Satan, then Satan has deceived you. I personally don't agree with this, but it's one Christian's opinion. So therefore, if the Devil deceives you, you are one step closer to going to Hell I guess.
Satan will always try to deceive people, The way to go to hell would be to resist the temptation that he places upon you. For instance, You could be hungry. You know your not allowed to eat any cookies but your lusting for them anyhow. You could be caught staring at the cookie jar, that doesn't mean your accountable of punishment. If you, however steal a cookie, then you have become accountable. to resist temptation is like stealing a cookie. and like cookies, they can taste very good, but in the ending, you know it's bad.