Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

Darias
Guru

What Kind of Christian Are You? (Quiz)

Post #1

Post by Darias »

Hey guys,

I came across this quiz online. There are a bunch of multiple choice questions and at the end it tells you which type of Christian you are.
beliefnet.com wrote:What Kind of Christian Are You?

What kind of Christian are you? Does your faith resemble Joel Osteen? Billy Graham? Bishop Spong?

Answer these 21 questions on what you believe about the Bible, Jesus, prayer, and more, and discover your Christian identity. We don’t guarantee that you’ll be pleased with the results, but we promise you’ll have much to discuss with friends—and that you’ll be inspired to deepen your faith.
_____

SOURCE
  • ^ CLICK THE ABOVE LINK TO TAKE THE QUIZ*

My result was:
beliefnet.com wrote:You are A Bishop John Shelby Spong Christian

A.k.a. a Marcus Borg, Karen Armstrong Christian. Your Christian history begins with the Gospel of Thomas, or at least you'd like to include any and all ancient reports on Jesus in your understanding of the Christian savior. Some people call you a "mainline" Christian, which is an odd moniker since "mainline" is simply shorthand for historic denominational Christianity in America. But for several decades, mainliners like you have not identified with evangelical Christianity and have incorporated liberal theological concepts into the practice of the faith.

Watch video with Bishop John Shelby Spong. Read about Karen Armstrong's Charter for Compassion. Visit the Progressive Revival blog.
_____

SOURCE
I've never heard of him, so I watched this brief video by him. I agreed with what he said for the most point (not a big fan of baptism at birth but, aside from that).

Y'all go ahead and take the quiz and tell us what your result is! O:)

otseng
Savant

Post #11

Post by otseng »

Slopeshoulder wrote: BTW, not to spam or hijack, but if you like these kind of quizzes, here's one I created with my wife that is more about how you believe rather than what you believe. We created it because we found an earlier beliefnet quiz to be inadequete. Anyway, have fun.
http://www.michelelife.com/spiritful-li ... -quiz.html
I'm a Vanguard believer. It actually describes me pretty well!

EasternSP
Apprentice

Post #12

Post by EasternSP »

Another Billy Graham here, but I wish I had that 5 minutes back. 8-)

EduChris
Prodigy

Re: What Kind of Christian Are You? (Quiz)

Post #13

Post by EduChris »

Darias wrote:...What kind of Christian are you?...
My result was:
You are A Brian McLaren Christian

A.k.a. a Rob Bell, Phyllis Tickle, N.T. Wright, Tim Keller, Eugene Peterson Christian. You subscribe to Sojourners or Relevant...or, more likely, Rolling Stone, Paste and The Atlantic. (And maybe even Geez!) Your Christian history is rooted in St. Francis, who leads (through Gandhi) to Mother Teresa and Martin Luther King, Jr. You emphasize social justice as an element of God's kingdom. You might be "emergent" or "progressive," but you're probably post-evangelical.

Want more? Watch videos with Brian McLaren. See Rob Bell on the resurrection. Read Phyllis Tickle's Lent blog. Read our interview with N.T. Wright.
Pretty accurate.

EduChris
Prodigy

Post #14

Post by EduChris »

Slopeshoulder wrote:I'm predictably a Karen Armstrong. Glad to see beliefnet includes us! :D

BTW, not to spam or hijack, but if you like these kind of quizzes, here's one I created with my wife that is more about how you believe rather than what you believe. We created it because we found an earlier beliefnet quiz to be inadequete. Anyway, have fun.
http://www.michelelife.com/spiritful-li ... -quiz.html
Vanguard for me.

EduChris
Prodigy

Post #15

Post by EduChris »

Otseng wrote:...And it didn't have KJV on question 16 as an answer. What kind of quiz is that?...
I have to ask...Do you use a cracked old wooden racquet when you play tennis?

I can understand a Christian reading KJV for sentimental, literary, or nostalgic reasons--but other than that it only seems to cause confusion for most people under 50 years old.

I know, I know, off topic, but my curiosity gets the better of me sometimes...

fewwillfindit
Guru

Post #16

Post by fewwillfindit »

It looks like on Darias' quiz I am a Billy Graham believer, and on Slopeshoulder's I am a Vanguard believer.

No surprise there.
Acts 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord, and as many as were appointed to eternal life believed.

theopoesis
Guru

Post #17

Post by theopoesis »

Beliefnet says I am a Billy Graham/Rick Warren/Beth Moore Christian.

pssh. simplify much?

Slopeshoulder says I am a vanguard Christian.

Braveheart
Banned
Banned

Post #18

Post by Braveheart »

[quote="Darias"]Hey guys,

I came across this quiz online. There are a bunch of multiple choice questions and at the end it tells you which type of Christian you are.

I'm not sure this test was entirely accurate, and I am afraid I may have goofed 13, and there wasn't enough options on some. My result was:

A.k.a. a Rob Bell, Phyllis Tickle, N.T. Wright, Tim Keller, Eugene Peterson Christian. You subscribe to Sojourners or Relevant...or, more likely, Rolling Stone, Paste and The Atlantic. (And maybe even Geez!) Your Christian history is rooted in St. Francis, who leads (through Gandhi) to Mother Teresa and Martin Luther King, Jr. You emphasize social justice as an element of God's kingdom. You might be "emergent" or "progressive," but you're probably post-evangelical.

Wow.
I am not afraid... I was born to do this.
Joan of Arc :2gun:

Peace if possible, truth at all costs.
Martin Luther

The Church of God she will not bend her knees
To the gods of this world though they promise her peace
She stands her ground
Stands firm on the Rock
Watch their walls tumble down when she lives out His love
Rich Mullins

Braveheart
Banned
Banned

Post #19

Post by Braveheart »

Braveheart wrote:
Darias wrote:Hey guys,

I'm not sure this test was entirely accurate, and I am afraid I may have goofed 13, and there wasn't enough options on some. My result was:

Wow.
Found out who some people are it compared me with...my evaluation of the test: BS. One of those guys (Rob Bell, I think) says there is no Hell. I believe in hell. No offence Darias but you could have picked a better test.
I am not afraid... I was born to do this.
Joan of Arc :2gun:

Peace if possible, truth at all costs.
Martin Luther

The Church of God she will not bend her knees
To the gods of this world though they promise her peace
She stands her ground
Stands firm on the Rock
Watch their walls tumble down when she lives out His love
Rich Mullins

Adstar
Under Probation

Post #20

Post by Adstar »

This is what they said about me.
A.k.a. a Rick Warren, Beth Moore Christian. Your Christianity emerged with John Calvin and Martin Luther, and was refined in America by D.L. Moody and Carl F.H. Henry. You subscribe to Christianity Today and read Karen Kingsbury and Ted Dekker novels. You've taken the Love Dare. Or not—this category of evangelical Christian is broad and diverse, but is held together by classic evangelical theology, including a high view of scripture and the emphasis on a personal relationship with Jesus.

Want more? Read about Billy Graham. Watch our interview with Rick Warren. See American Idol's Mandisa explain why Beth Moore is her role model.

Read more: http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Christi ... z1OJrIy4h5
Seems they only have a few boxes to put people in.

As for Billy Graham i believe he is a false preacher a deciever. Part of the ecumeical movement seeking to get followers of Jesus to compromise their Faith and accept false teachings for the sake of some kind of global religious unity.

Rick warren is a promoter of the purpose driven doctrine which is a Works based religious belief. I disagree with rick warrens new age type preaching.

Beth Moore? Never heard of her, so i cannot comment.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days