What church is right?

Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

juber3
Student

What church is right?

Post #1

Post by juber3 »

Recently i had a chat with my Bus Captain and we got into the topic on what church is right. I would like to offer this to the Chrisitians first then the non-chrisitians but how do you choose a church?

The reason why i chose a baptist church is because we believe in an indipendent church. We are not one of the churches that broke off of the catholic church (not trying to be of any offence to the catholic or any of it break off's) But our church has the belief that the catholics were persecuting us during the medieval age because we wouldn't join the catholic seperation. So here are my rules before attending a chruch

--Must believe that god is the diety and follow the bible not saints
-- Must be an indipendent bible believing church
--must not be a break off of the catholic church

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

The church that is right for me has the following characteristics:
- Emphasis of the Word and prayer
- Dedication to missions
- Intentional in bulding community within the body and outside

I don't really care what denomination the church is as long as it has these criteria.

djchuang
Student

Post #3

Post by djchuang »

with over 3,000 denominations and sects in the US alone, and some 30,000+ in the world, there are lots of options for what qualifies as a "Christian church".. I think Scriptures gives a lot of leeway for how things are done, while some essentials of the faith are agreeable by most if not all who profess Christ as Lord and Savior, cf. Apostle's Creed and Nicene Creed.
a place called home www.djchuang.com

adherent
Apprentice

Post #4

Post by adherent »

try out the church first by just attending, and see if you like it. God will tell you if the church is right.

OnlyWayToGodisThroughJesu

be very careful though

Post #5

Post by OnlyWayToGodisThroughJesu »

I was led into some false doctrines and unbiblical practices(glossalalia, word of faith, etc.).. Right now I'm going to a Baptist church, but am worried for some of the people there. The church is using the Alpha Course, which is loaded with false teachings and presents a watered down gospel, producing church people and tongues/experience seekers. Please do a search and find this little booklet called Alpha: The Unofficial Guide. It does a very good job at exposing the false doctrines of Alpha. I ordered a stack of them to hand out at my church, so that people will have discernment while taking the destructive Alpha course.

adherent
Apprentice

Post #6

Post by adherent »

It is a pity Christianity has been split into all these different denominations. I do think God is using you to change your churches false teachings. God bless

Chancellor

Post #7

Post by Chancellor »

The right church is the one consisting of those who endure unto the end and overcome. As Jesus said, "he who endures to the end will be saved" and "to him who overcomes..." The right church is the one for which Jesus will return to take with Him to Heaven in the blessed hope (1 Corinthians 15:50-55, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, Titus 2:13, mistakenly called "the rapture"), and which will be married to Him at the marriage supper of the Lamb.

aquinas
Student

Post #8

Post by aquinas »

To truly understanding which is the right Church, well one must know the true history of Christianity movement from the day Jesus established his Church here.

Mt 16:13-19 "When Jesus went into the region of Caesarea Philippi he asked his disciples, "Who do you say that the Son of Man is?" They replied, "Some say John the Baptist, others say Elijah, still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets." He said to them, "But who you say that I am?" Simon Peter said in reply, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God." Jesus said to him in reply, "Blessed are Simon Peter son of Jonah. For flesh or blood has not revealed this to you, but my Heavenly Father. And so I say to you, you are Peter and upon this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whenever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loosed on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

Do trace back to the History of our Early Christian Father.... and the History of Christianity, apostles successors

You will be able to find the true Church...

God Bless

aquinas

One must be open to God's grace, turn to the Church He established, and follow His plan for you

Jn 7:17 "Whoever chooses to do his will shall know whether my teaching is from God or whether I speak on my own."
Last edited by aquinas on Sun May 23, 2004 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

arayhay
Sage

what church?

Post #9

Post by arayhay »

a} The word church is not is the bible!
b} Jesus was jewish, not a christian!
c} The history of the church is red with the blood of the Jewish people!
d} You must only be reading half of what the church fathers wrote.
Last edited by arayhay on Sat May 22, 2004 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Piper Plexed
Site Supporter

Post #10

Post by Piper Plexed »

arayhay Posted: Sat May 22, 2004 9:03 pm 
a} The word church is not is the bible!
b} Jesus was jewish, not a christian!
c} The history of the church is red with the blood of the Jewish people!
I am not quite sure how your response addresses the question for debate please elaborate.
:? :)
*"I think, therefore I am" (Cogito, ergo sum)-Descartes
** I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that ...