No votes
No
100%

Total votes: 3

OrvilleTWR

Dont Know What to Call it

Post #1

Post by OrvilleTWR »

I have a very good friend who goes to a church that believes there is a Mother and Father in heaven, such as the respective relationship of mother and father to a child. Along with historical facts they(i say they because 'they' are his friends from his church and they....attacked?(dunno how else to say it) me before) like to use to prove different biblical facts denied by others. They also believe that this mother (god?) is carnated here on earth as what looks like a fairly old but healthy oriental woman. I have a hard time understanding the things they say so i didn't really get much more then that, furthermore because of his harsh style along with his friends Ive pushed them away because i don't believe any church that harasses you into there religion is a church to be in. His church would seem to be just a plain old bible thumping Christian church. They also say that the teachings in the bible are parables, in some funny way this is supposed to be different from the fact that 'yes' the teachings in the bible are parables. Read the definition i gave and if your still confused by whats been said before this, well so am I. Quite a few other things, they don't use the old testament really. They say at the end of the Old Testament, It was thrown away to bring in the New Testament. This is supposed to be the law to live by, and the old testament is a guideline but there really is no need to follow it.

EDIT: Just remembered this. He once said that we are fallen angels, that humans feel from gods grace and we are here on earth to, idk how to put it, repay our debt to him to get back into heaven. It mainly felt like he was saying in the beggining there was heaven, the devil was cast down to hell so on and so forth, but we as angels, made mistakes that god cast us down to earth to redeem ourselves. He also made it seem like Earth=Hell. Anyway, it was something along those lines.

(parable: A parable is a brief, succinct story, in prose or verse, that illustrates a moral or religious lesson. It differs from a fable in that fables use animals, plants, inanimate objects, and forces of nature as actors while parables generally are stories featuring human actors or agents. cite of definition:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable )

From pictures from the books he reads (doctrines from firm beleivers such as John, Paul and others were but respective to this religion) it would seem this is more of a oriental religon(books done by wat seems to be Thai men present and a book that seems like its from the 80's not sure tho). Just to say that it would seem the oriential community would b more involved in this church then others, though the church he goes to has all types of different people. As this could be possible elsewhere and not jus an oriental thing but this seems to be the theme, furthermore on that, this could be more of a Thai thing. As well it wouldnt seem to look like a traditional religion of Thailand.

Though there are several different other things, I still dont know what this religion is supposed to be called. So ive come here:
1. What is this religion called?
2. If someone practices this religion or can tell me what this religion beleives EXACTLY (as im very confused about it).

Thank you in advance, excuse my bad spelling im used to using short language for chat and txt lol

Ooberman
Banned
Banned

Post #2

Post by Ooberman »

something tells me you need to look into cults to answer your question.

OrvilleTWR

Post #3

Post by OrvilleTWR »

I dont think it is, but theres a possibility.. These are the things he tells me and i can only interpret so much about something i know nothing about. Take this information with a grain of sand, i cant confirm nor deny this is a bonified belief of his (the whole angels thing) but i can tell you, hes preached that to me before and everything else ive told you. They believe in the same Christian beliefs but have a different p.o.v, now that p.o.v happens to be the comparison between father and mother here on earth is the same as in heaven er go, if there is no mother in heaven, there is no mother here. (at least this is how they view there god, or gods? lol)

Apparently, thats not so, we all have had mothers at one point. Therefore, they beleive there is a Mother in heaven and on earth (our mothers, peeps that gave birth to us). Same realtionshipe with father, in heaven and on earth. The reason i can explain this is becuase this is the first opening point he wanted to drive home with me. Everything else i either ignored or jus didnt give much caliber to what he was saying.

The thing is, im very confused about this. Is this just a different sect like mormons? Is this a completely different religon than christianity? Maybe im wrong about it being a christian religion. I have no clue, so i come here.

Now thinking about it as im typing, me and his mom both called it a cult. Just becuase it would seem that is how they run there operation.

Forceful sort of tatics to get you to join, then when you get there they supposedly sit you down and make you watch videos about the real meaning of christ or some hoop la like that. At first your not allowed inside the main area for the services, every one has to learn in a sunday school kind of then serivces. Kinda like scientology, u cant enter the services till you reach that level or in this churchs case, the correct understanding. Apparently, they say its because if they let you in service you wouldnt know wats going on or sumthing like that.

Now in the sunday school (as mentioned before) they use historical facts to shoot down your doubt in the bible and your faith. For example, they say that the sabbath is actually saturday. Now i guess this really isnt rocking the foundation of someones faith but its an example. (heres where it gets a lil tricky ;) ) The reason for this is that, apparently back way when the Catholic church ruled all and the books of the bible that the higher up priests or fathers or however that works were choosing the books to keep in the bible. Now he says that roman catholics choose sunday because before they were catholics they worshiped a Sun god. Therefore, the sabbath was not Sunday, Sunday is a pagan day to worship. Also thats why sunday is called Sun-day. So they worship saturday.

Now seriously, this is how if you were face to face they would tell it to you. In all its detail and longevity. Now imagine if they can take the sabbath and turn it into all of that, how they preach there sermons or witness to people. I can guarantee you, no matter what you would tell them they have some stupid historical/biblical/numerical way of telling it to you.

Hope this clears things up but please, i dont think it is a cult but if the majority of you say so i cant help but beleive it, if so though, wat cult?

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by McCulloch »

OrvilleTWR, your abuse of the English language is almost enough to make me cry. Do you hate apostrophes? There is a place that is not here. Their is the word to use when referring to things that belong to them. Bona fide is a Latin phrase meaning in good faith. When one is skeptical, it is said that you take things with a grain of salt not sand.
OrvilleTWR wrote:Now thinking about it as im typing, me and his mom both called it a cult. Just becuase it would seem that is how they run there operation.
What do you mean by cult?
orvilleTWR wrote:For example, they say that the sabbath is actually saturday.
You've got me confused. According to Exodus, the Sabbath is the seventh day of the week, Saturday. Right? Is there anything in the New Testament that changes it to Sunday?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

OrvilleTWR

Post #5

Post by OrvilleTWR »

Im sorry i suck wit the english language, but i could care less. How i learned things and how you know things to be are two different things. Please dont insult me, you can see what i was trying to say and that should be enough. All your doing is being a jerk. I would suggest you either move on from this thread if you dont understand me or give me some kind of answer. And no, from what i was taught in church, the sabbath is Sunday, the reason most christians worship on sunday.

OrvilleTWR

Post #6

Post by OrvilleTWR »

Will a mod delete. If this is the calibur of the people on your webiste i dont wanna be a part of it. Ill ask some other folks who arent, rude and disrespectful.

DELETE

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #7

Post by McCulloch »

OrvilleTWR wrote:Im sorry i suck wit the english language, but i could care less. How i learned things and how you know things to be are two different things. Please dont insult me, you can see what i was trying to say and that should be enough. All your doing is being a jerk. I would suggest you either move on from this thread if you dont understand me or give me some kind of answer.
Please accept my apology for being so rude. I am like that sometimes and it is inexcusable. If you still wish to not participate in the debates, I'll understand, but I ask that you please give us another chance. I am not representative of the others here.
OrvilleTWR wrote:And no, from what i was taught in church, the sabbath is Sunday, the reason most christians worship on sunday.
Perhaps you might do a bit of research on this. Some churches teach that Saturday is the Sabbath and they worship on Saturday. Other churches teach that the Sabbath for Christians has been moved to Sunday and they worship on Sunday. Still others teach that while the Sabbath is Saturday, Christians do not need to worship on the Sabbath but do gather on the First day of the week.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John