What dose the bible say about Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Dr. Zakir Naik
Student

What dose the bible say about Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Post #1

Post by Dr. Zakir Naik »

My question is, that what dose the bible prophecise about the comming of Prophet Muhammad(SAWM)?

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #71

Post by McCulloch »

theleos6 wrote:The topic is What does the Bible say about Prophet Muhammad, and it was answered...Nothing. There is absolutely nothing in the bible about Muhammad.
Tilia wrote:As it was answered, why are people still posting?
Moderator Suggestion
Tilia is correct, please do stay on topic. If the discussion regarding the topic brings up another issue, start another thread. If there is any evidence that the coming of the Prophet Muhammad was fortold in the Bible, then post it here.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #72

Post by Cathar1950 »

Psalms 84:4-6.
I googled bible and Muhammad.
Here is one that says "the Bible mentions the pilgrims passing through the valley of Ba'ca (another name of Mecca) in Psalms 84:4-6."
There are more. It looks like the Christian Bible prophesies concerning Jesus. Like Nostradamus the meaning is in the eyes of the reader.
Paul was famous for misinterpreting scripture always from the Greek Septuagint.

Master Coelacanth
Student

Post #73

Post by Master Coelacanth »

Who cares? The question is ridiculous, how those ignorant Jews would know about a wandering crook that was born at least half a millennium after them?

Agnostika
Student

Post #74

Post by Agnostika »

Dr. Zakir Naik wrote:
Tilia wrote:
Dr. Zakir Naik wrote:
do you think people who are following bible have a brain damage?
I think that anyone who reckons the Bible is riddled with errors and even immoralities, but then tries to prove that Mumammad is prophesied in it, either needs urgent brain surgery, or deserves beating to death.
We agree that bible was a divine revelation from Allah, but this, the current version is not the bible!!

A human can interpret words like 'eat sh*it' etc. But a human cannot add prophecies! That is my point.
This is an amazing inconsistancy. Since according to you the current Bible is not the word of God why would you be quoting Deut 18:18 and Songs 5:16 in an attempt to validate Mohammed as a true Prophet? When according to you todays Bible is not the true Revelation of God and therefore cannot be God's words.

So now you are using uninspired words that are not from God to validate Mohammed as a Prophet! That is self contradicting.

To help you out, what you actually need is inspiried words from God demonstrating a divinely inspired prophecy, therefore your belief becomes more rational and more credible.

Now if you say "this verse is inspiried, but other verses in the Bible are not", then you would need to establish a scientific methodology to show how this works.

Furthermore you say:

Dr. Zakir Naik wrote: Can he not see that the entire world’s religious scriptures are pointing towards following no one but Prophet Muhammad (SAWM)?

"Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."

MUHUMMED (PBUH) MENTIONED BY NAME IN THE BIBLE: "his mouth is most sweet: yea, he is (Muhummed-im) altogether lovely, this is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem. SONG OF SOLOMON 5:16

(From the original Hebrew manuscript the word "MUHUMMEDIM", is translated as "altogether lovely' which is actually the word MUHUMMED with "im" added. "IM" is the plural of respect in the Hebrew language, If you translate ‘All together lovely’ into Arabic, it means “MUHAMMAD!!”)

Now, can you still believe a person following Christianity is yet a normal person?!?

Did I make my self clear?
Here is a response to this fallacious misuse of linguistics

(Another muslim called Shabir Ally tried it in a debate with Dr Anis Shorrosh(a Christian)

Here is a review of the argument:

http://answering-islam.org/Responses/Sh ... osh_1b.htm
4. The Songs of Solomon contains an echo of Muhammad’s name (cf. Songs 5:16).

Shabir repeated this point in his first rebuttal period, emphasizing the fact that Muhammad was the one described in the Song of Solomon. Shabir Ally did admit that the name in Hebrew means something entirely different from what the Arabic name Muhammad means. Despite this admission, Shabir still tried to make his case on the basis that the two languages share a similar root system and pronunciation.

Furthermore, when Shorrosh chided Shabir for claming that Songs contains Muhammad’s name, Shabir responded by denying that this is what he was saying. He said that it contains an echo of his name, whatever that means. Shabir must have forgotten what he has written since in one of his articles he makes the following claim:
Now what remains is for us to specify where in the Bible to find mention of our prophet. In the Old Testament there are many references. The most significant is Song of Solomon, chapter 5, verse 16. This verse mentions our prophet by name. It says in the Hebrew language Bibles "He is Muhammad." But English translation have "He is altogether lovely" instead of the real truth. You need to insist that, SINCE IT SAYS OUR PROPHET’S NAME IN THE HEBREW, the "altogether lovely" translation is nothing more than a camouflage hiding our prophet's name. Tell every Bible reader whether Jew or Christian to ask any Hebrew scholar to read the Hebrew word which appears as "altogether lovely" in the translation. You will hear that word pronounced "Muhammad." WHY THEN HIDE WHAT YOU SHOULD BELIEVE? (Tough Questions and Easy Answers; capital emphasis ours)

What makes this even more interesting is that in this article Shabir addresses specific questions regarding some things that Dr. Anis Shorrosh had stated in his book Islam Revealed!

Shabir has taken the phonetic sound of a word which sounds similar to his prophet’s name in order to infer that Muhammad is mentioned in the Hebrew Bible. Basically what Shabir has done is to commit a Phonic Fallacy, i.e. assuming that just because two words sound the same they have the same or similar meaning or refer to the same person or thing.
Here are two examples to help illustrate how and when this fallacy is committed so as to drive home our point.

Both Hebrew and Arabic have the word Akbar, which in Arabic means greater. Yet according to the following lexical data, based on Brown,

Driver, Briggs and Gesenius, Akbar means mouse in Hebrew!
`akbar {ak-bawr'}
Word Origin
probably from the same as (05908) in the secondary sense of attacking
Definition
1. mouse

(Source: *, *)

The word appears in the following passages: Leviticus 11:29; I Samuel 6:4-5, 11, 18; Isaiah 66:17.

Employing Shabir’s hermeneutic we can say that when Muslims recite the words Allahu Akbar they are actually testifying that Allah is a mouse!
Another example of this fallacy is to say that Allah appears in the Greek New Testament because it uses the word alla, which means "but"! After all, they do sound the same.

It should be obvious from the foregoing that Shabir’s case is quite desperate since the Hebrew word neither has the same meaning as Muhammad nor is it a noun. It means lovely or desirable and is an adjective describing the Shulamite’s lover, i.e. Solomon, whereas Muhammad is a noun and means praiseworthy.

In fact, it doesn’t even sound the same and the word isn’t even singular, but plural in Hebrew! The word in Hebrew is not Muhammad, but machmaddim and is the plural form of machmad.

Since Shabir is insisting that because these words sound similar and therefore echo Muhammad’s own name, he should have no problem with the following texts being echoes of Muhammad as well. In fact, we will render the Hebrew word as Muhammad for clarity’s sake:

"Nevertheless I will send my servants to you tomorrow about this time, and they shall search your house and the houses of your servants and lay hands on whatever Muhammad (pleases) you and take it away." 1 Kings 20:6

"The enemy has stretched out his hands over all her Muhammad (precious things); for she has seen the nations enter her sanctuary, those whom you forbade to enter your congregation. All her people groan as they search for bread; they trade their Muhammad (treasures) for food to revive their strength. ‘Look, O LORD, and see, for I am despised.’" Lamentations 1:10-11

"Say to the house of Israel, Thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I will profane my sanctuary, the pride of your power, the Muhammad (delight) of your eyes, and the yearning of your soul, and your sons and your daughters whom you left behind shall fall by the sword." Ezekiel 24:21
These texts all contain the very word which Shabir claims echoes the name Muhammad. For the sake of consistency Shabir must also apply these references to Muhammad and thereby conclude that enemies will take Muhammad away, God will profane Muhammad, and people will trade their Muhammad for food! We know, of course, that Shabir wouldn’t dare apply these passages to his prophet and the readers can obviously see why.

During the final rebuttal period Shabir said that the Songs shouldn’t be taken as literally referring to sexual love, especially chapter 7, due to its graphic content but should be viewed as using euphemism to illustrate spiritual truths. More specifically, Shabir believes that Jewish scholars were correct in saying that this is the Word of God and that it speaks of God and his love for Israel, just as Christians apply it to Christ and his Church. Shabir wanted to use this same hermeneutic in connection with Muhammad and the Muslim ummah, in reference to the love that Muhammad and his followers had for each other.

One main reason why Jews and Christians apply Songs to the love that God and Christ have for their communities is because both the Hebrew Bible and the Christian Scriptures picture God and Christ as spiritual husbands to their people. The Holy Bible says that God and Christ treat the covenant community as a loving husband treats a spouse:
"For your Maker is your husband, the LORD of hosts is his name; and the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer, the God of the whole earth he is called." Isaiah 54:5

"And in that day, declares the LORD, you will call me ‘My Husband,’ and no longer will you call me ‘My Baal.’ For I will remove the names of the Baals from her mouth, and they shall be remembered by name no more. And I will make for them a covenant on that day with the beasts of the field, the birds of the heavens, and the creeping things of the ground. And I will abolish the bow, the sword, and war from the land, and I will make you lie down in safety. And I will betroth you to me forever. I will betroth you to me in righteousness and in justice, in steadfast love and in mercy." Hosea 2:16-19

"Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands. Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church, because we are members of his body. ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.’ This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church. However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband." Ephesians 5:22-33; cf. 2 Corinthians 11:2

"‘Let us rejoice and exult and give him the glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his Bride has made herself ready; it was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure’-- for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints. And the angel said to me, ‘Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.’ And he said to me, ‘These are the true words of God.’" Revelation 19:7-9

"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband." Revelation 21:1-2

In light of the foregoing it is easy to see why Jews and Christians would want to apply Songs metaphorically or spiritually for God’s and Christ’s relationship with the elect.

But the problem with applying this to Muhammad and his ummah is that no Muslim that we know claims that the ummah was/is Muhammad’s bride. The Quran never describes Muslims as the bride of either Allah or Muhammad, and therefore the application to either one is quite erroneous. Besides, the connection begs the question since it presupposes that Muhammad was a genuine prophet of the true God, which he of course wasn’t.

1John2_26
Guru

Post #75

Post by 1John2_26 »

What does the Bible say about the prophet Muhammad?

Not good things.

The beattitudes and the teachings of Christ Jesus clearly contradict the actions and history of Muhammad and his warriros spreading their "religion of peace" by killing and marauding.

If the Crusades are used to show the contradiction between Christ Jesus and killers, then Muhammad stands at the greatest hypocrite in history.

Of course though, NOT if the Qur'an supercedes Christ. Then, anything goes. But then again, if a prophet can come up with "a new" idea from an angel, then Mormonism and Joseph Smith has the real deal on a new Jewish-Christian-Islam religion topper.

If a free exchange of ideas were allowed in the Islamic world, Islam would shrink to the size of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. They're big don't get me wrong, but they are still set apart from the Gospel of Christ in what their prophet did after talking to an angel that brought "him" a different Gospel.

Muhammad had the luxury of being raised in a culture and geographic area not unlike Europe in that killing other peoples as a means to spread your way of life is completely acceptable.

Note that Jesus opposes killing people to spread religious views.

How unlike Joseph Smith shooting it out with his attackers and of course Muhammad killing anyone that would not "submit" to "Islam" which of course isn't realy all that hypocritical when one considers "Islam" means "submit."

Or else.

Oh yeah David Khoresh? The latest prophet king.

We should all be Branch Davidians then according to the Bible forseeing a prophet that would lead us.

Wonder who is next?

The suspense may indeed kill us. We haven't done so well in the new-prophet category so far.

I guess that is why Jesus said: "It is finished." By the way, He said that on the Cross, while being Crucified.

Muslims don't believe that.

What does the Bible say about the prophet Muhammad?

Those who live by the sword die by the sword. Or for todays version? The AK-47, roadside and suicide bombs. Unless of course you are a very slick prophet that gets to die of old age with your many wives while "others" get to die.

Now that's a smart prophet. Not necessarily a real one, but a smart one.

Has anyone ever thought . . . how come the old Imams aren't strapping bombs to "their" chest and going to heaven for "their" reward after martyring themselves?

unprofitable servant
Apprentice

What does the bibl say about the prophet muhammad

Post #76

Post by unprofitable servant »

I do not see any clear mention of the prophet Muhammad as you have indicated in your post.

Yet I do believe that there is a preparation for such a one as the prophet.
According to Jesus, when the apostles had came back from their journeys, "And John answered and said, Master we saw one casting out devils in thy name and we forbad him because he followeth not us. And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not for he that is not against us is for us" Lk19:50,51

When the scripture says 'Now then when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia, after they were come to Mysia they assayed to go into Bithynia but the Spirit suffered them not' acts 16:6,7

After reading the Qur'an I can understand why Jesus said this to the apostles and why the Spirit did not suffer them to go into that part of the Middle East, because there would be corruption about the Word after the decease of the apostles and those who came to believe 'because of them'.

"I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel which is not another, but there be some that trouble you and would pervert the gospel of Christ" Ga1:6,7

This perversion is revealed to the prophet when the Spirit says to him 'Say not trinity. Cease. Say it not' and again "He that saith trinity doth blaspheme' and the Spirit also teaching the prophet and revealing to him the origin of Christ which has been corrupted to this day with the saying'God empty himself of His glory and came down in the form of man'

Therefore instead of condeming the prophet and the Spirit which revevealed to him the truth of the errors that are commonly taught among the Jews and Christians(and also among you Muslims) we should as it is written "Little children try the spirits whether they be of God for many false prophets are gone out into the world"1jn

And Dr. you are incorrect to say that God caused the prophet and the people to eat dung. For the passage reads 'And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes,and thou shalt BAKE it with dung that cometh out of man in their sight.'Ez 4:12 God did not command that they would eat dung but that man's dung is what they shall use to bake their bread on during the seige as it is written in vs 7 of that same ch''Therefore thou shalt set thy face toward the siege of Jerusalem and thine arm shall be uncovered and thou shalt prophesy against it'

Also you make mention of the 50,070 that God destroyed for looking into the Ark of the covenant when it was returne from the land of the Philistines ,as if God were wrong or in error for this mass destruction. I ask you, "Do you not remember the people of Ad and Thamud'? as it is rehearsed to the prophet? Therefore are you in 'error manifest' to speak of the righteous judgement of God as if it were a bad thing.

indjohn
Student

Re: What dose the bible say about Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Post #77

Post by indjohn »

Hello Zakir may be you can help me with some Moslem eschatology. I have heard that the Mahdi is supposed to appear coming out of the desert is this correct? Also Byzantine legends prophesy that the hidden patriarch will come out of the secret chamber of Hagia Sophia in order to crown the new emperor of the revived Byzantine empire in the last days. As far as the Bible goes, it would seem to discount both prophesies or may be warn against them at least that is what seems to be indicated by Jesus when he is prophesying about the last days. Here is what he says in Mathew 24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the DESERT; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
Am I right in thinking that Islam is expecting to Mahdi to come out of the desert? I am not very sure about that.

Dr. Zakir Naik wrote:My question is, that what dose the bible prophecise about the comming of Prophet Muhammad(SAWM)?

chachynga
Apprentice

Post #78

Post by chachynga »

Dear Sir, the bible is a Love story By God, it is an instruction Manual to live life and seek Gods Face, and the Rules/Law is that it goes by and through the creator who became flesh, he was not A God he WAS the Great IAM, he was God of OT bible in NT bible the one and the same, through NO other is authority for eternal Life because he is Eternal Life. The Door to Get to him is
Christ, who was God himself Manifested into Flesh, whom dwelt among us.

There are several reasons what this came to be and they are all within the very Laws of God.

The Bible is all about Christ, it is also directly all about and for and to teach HIS people and His people alone, no one else... now those that are not his direct RACE still can have access to the tree of life, but it comes on his terms not yours.

They i.e. the other races, were bought with Christs Blood according to biblical law that is very not easy to get into... but a long story is short when you see that the earth is a field and that the treasure he wanted was his own people but because of his own laws he had to come to buy them back by buying the whole of all the earth and all therein, this allows others to come, but he chiefly came for his people, but as that result all were paid for whom come through the one door i.e. His manifested Christ.

Your prophet no matter how noble you may think he is or was, is just a mere man, where the God of the Bible was not only spirit but clothed himself in humankind flesh in order to shed blood by his very laws for many reasons too detailed to get into...

Anyways, the way is the truth is the Word is Not only Christ, it is his Holy Scriptures too.

If you hold unto his TRUE people, and His Laws and follow what Christ teaches, and his disciples reveal --- including Baptism in Christs Name etc... Then even you too can be in the fold as it were....

Hope that helped, if not Don't worry, if so, then if you be His, may he open your eyes. Amen!

chachynga
Apprentice

Post #79

Post by chachynga »

Dr. Zakir Naik wrote:900,000,000 followers of Muhummed who love, respect and revere this great Messenger of God -Jesus Christ- without having the Christians to convince them by means of their Biblical dialectics.
That is exactly what these Christians i.e. judeo-christians do... that is why they are double minded and that is also why you could be confused.

Stop regarding todays traditional fundamental biblical teachings as real and true, unless you check them out with scripture itself, and of course the requires essential tools necessary for your journey.

You must step into the Word in order to know truth, the answers you seek are there Sir, that is if you have a heart that loves absolute truth, no matter what it costs you.

May God Anoint you with a special oil of understanding if you be his, may you repent and be born anew if you are indeed one of Christs folds.

chachynga
Apprentice

Post #80

Post by chachynga »

Dr. Zakir Naik wrote:Out of the 'thousands' of prophecies referred to, can I please have just one single prophecy where Jesus is mentioned by name? The term 'Messiah', translated as 'Christ', is not a name but a title. Is there a single Prophecy where it says that the name of the Messiah will be JESUS, and that his mother's name will be MARY, that his supposed father will be JOSEPH THE CARPENTER; that he will be born in the reign of HEROD THE KING, etc. etc.? No! There are no such details! Then how can you conclude that those 'thousand' Prophecies refer to Jesus (Peace be upon him)?

There are many things that have been spoken and many prophecies as you say, that have come true, and what I am telling you is that you need to get into the word of God, the bible, and study and search things out.

There are too many things to mention.

They are there, and not just about Christ but God revealed the End from the beginning, there are many events in history that prove what exactly was said did happen.... On top of that there are recorded and historical evidences and also archeological things too.

Start by taking apart Gods words, One By One with a lexicon and dictionary... seek what it says and see if that is also what it means... it is not always what the translation says but what it actually says or means that counts and is at times different.

Ask the God of The Holy Bible to reveal to you the truths that you seek.

Ask that your heart and flesh will conform to him and his ways when you see him to be true no matter if you suffer death for it, ask him for pure truth and for your heart made ready, ask to see and knock on the door Christs message and when you know it;s true then baptise and shed your old clothes and put on the new and guard them well.

Hint: No Body can just ask for salvation and get life, no one can just believe and have eternal life, no one can do great works even in Jesus' name and be the best person in the world... you have to do it Gods way not yourown.... that requires Jesus and it requires his laws and baptism and more...

Study it out to be true or flase

Chachynga