Compassionate Islam?

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

bernee51
Site Supporter

Compassionate Islam?

Post #1

Post by bernee51 »

Is this yet another example of Allah the Compassionate...

Pakistani mother of three sentenced to death for blasphemy for supposedly blaspheming the "Prophet" after her offers of bringing water to Muslims was rejected on the grounds that she was a Christian.

1. Should Islam throw of the yoke of such ridiculous laws as as blasphemy? Can it?

2. Where is the compassion and acceptance within this medieval abomination of a beleif system?
"Whatever you are totally ignorant of, assert to be the explanation of everything else"

William James quoting Dr. Hodgson

"When I see I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I see I am everything, that is love. My life is a movement between these two."

Nisargadatta Maharaj

Burninglight
Guru

Re: Compassionate Islam?

Post #51

Post by Burninglight »

A Troubled Man wrote:
Burninglight wrote: Look at what Jesus did for a model of God's will today. He forgave and gave His life so we could live.
If Jesus was the son of god, then he was a god himself and did little more than dress up in a "human" suit to hide out as a human on earth. His 'human' suit may have been tortured and destroyed, but he did not die himself, because he was a god.

Can gods die?
There is only one God who can never die. What you said about Jesus is very, very close to the truth! The only correction I could make is Jesus is not a god. He is the Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, Immanuel (God with us) and much, much more. See this link:

A Troubled Man
Guru

Post #52

Post by A Troubled Man »

Burninglight wrote: The only correction I could make is Jesus is not a god. He is the Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, Immanuel (God with us) and much, much more.
John 5:16-18
Therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day. But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

John 8:58
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

John 10:30-31
I and my Father are one.

John 10:38-39
The Father is in me, and I in him.

John 14:9
He that hath seen me hath seen the Father.

John 20:28
And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.

Burninglight
Guru

Post #53

Post by Burninglight »

A Troubled Man wrote:
Burninglight wrote: The only correction I could make is Jesus is not a god. He is the Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, Immanuel (God with us) and much, much more.
John 5:16-18
Therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day. But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

John 8:58
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

John 10:30-31
I and my Father are one.

John 10:38-39
The Father is in me, and I in him.

John 14:9
He that hath seen me hath seen the Father.

John 20:28
And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.
Yes, Jesus is all that God is but not all there is to God!

A Troubled Man
Guru

Post #54

Post by A Troubled Man »

Burninglight wrote: Jesus is not a god.
Burninglight wrote: Yes, Jesus is all that God is...

:confused2:

Burninglight
Guru

Post #55

Post by Burninglight »

A Troubled Man wrote:

LOL, I was waiting for someone to ask about this. It is not a contradiction. Jesus is not a god. Notice, first of all the lower case "g." An upper case "G" refers to only one God; therefore, Jesus is all that God is but not all there is to God. Jesus is God come in the flesh or God's word come in human form.

God cannot be more than His word right? Jesus is not a god. That would mean He is one out of many. In that case, there would be more than one god. That is not possible, because God is one and only one!

God is Spirt and God is Holy; therefore, He is the Holy Spirit. No Christian can tell you why God made His Holiness and His Word distinct persons, but the Word of God alludes to the trinity that is one not only in purposes but in nature. Jesus and the Holy Spirit are not God's partners. Jesus is not God's messenger; He is God's MESSAGE! They are one in essence!

Asher
Student

Post #56

Post by Asher »

Peace be upon you,
There is only one God who can never die. What you said about Jesus is very, very close to the truth! The only correction I could make is Jesus is not a god. He is the Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, Immanuel (God with us) and much, much more.
Brother, I can see that everything that you wrote is a contradiction to either the Bible or the Christian faith;
"Everlasting Father" ->Jesus has so many times denies that he is the father;
"Prince of Peace" -> Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. (Matthew 10:34)
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. (Luke 22:36)
"Immanuel (God with us)" -> In the OT & NT together the word Immanuel is mention only thrice;
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. (Isaiah 7:14)
And he shall pass through Judah; he shall overflow and go over, he shall reach even to the neck; and the stretching out of his wings shall fill the breadth of thy land, O Immanuel. (Isaiah 8:8)
Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. (Matthew 1:23)
From among the 4 Gospels none have ever call Jesus Immanuel nor Emmanuel;
And Immanuel is a name-> "call his name", and none has called Jesus Immanuel;
"much, much more" -> I want to know more;
Jesus is God come in the flesh or God's word come in human form.
God or God's word; He surely cannot be both;
God cannot be more than His word right? Jesus is not a god. That would mean He is one out of many. In that case, there would be more than one god. That is not possible, because God is one and only one!
One and only one denies the trinitarian doctrine;
God is Spirt and God is Holy; therefore, He is the Holy Spirit.
What about the Holy Ghost; is God a Ghost?
No Christian can tell you why God made His Holiness and His Word distinct persons, but the Word of God alludes to the trinity that is one not only in purposes but in nature.
No scripture supports the Idea of trinity, else prove it;
Jesus and the Holy Spirit are not God's partners. Jesus is not God's messenger; He is God's MESSAGE! They are one in essence!
First of all it is important to note that Jesus was less than God in position, office and function, but he was equal in nature, essence and character
The trinitarian doctrine says that:
The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are Co-equal and Co-eternal; if the son "is God's MESSAGE!" being co-equal and same nature the father and the Holy Spirit shall be the same;
If they have the same "nature, essence and character" they cannot be different, Sender and the Message cannot be the same;

Peace be upon you all;

Burninglight
Guru

Post #57

Post by Burninglight »

Burninglight wrote:
A Troubled Man wrote:

LOL, I was waiting for someone to ask about this. It is not a contradiction. Jesus is not a god. Notice, first of all the lower case "g." An upper case "G" refers to only one God; therefore, Jesus is all that God is but not all there is to God. Jesus is God come in the flesh or God's word come in human form.

God is Spirt and God is Holy; therefore, He is the Holy Spirit. No Christian can tell you why God made His Holiness and His Word distinct persons, but the Word of God alludes to the trinity that is one not only in purposes but in nature. Jesus and the Holy Spirit are not God's partners. Jesus is not God's messenger; He is God's MESSAGE! They are one in essence!
oops I accidently responded to myself. Well I might as well be talking to myself lol
First of all, the word trinity is not in the Bible, but the concept is and was apparent to all of Christ's disciples. No Christian fully understand's the trinity. But we do know that Jesus is all that God is but not all there is to God. Why God has made his word and holiness distinct persons of the same essence is a mystery, and it will remain to be until we see God face to face.

If you want me to explain God's essence I cannot. No one can even explain how God created the worlds let alone who His essence is. God said, "I am" Jesus said "Before Abraham was 'I am"' If you can tell me how God created life from nothing, I'll tell you how Jesus is the Prince of Peace, Everlasting father, mighty God, Lion of the tribe of Judah, the rose of Sharon, the bright morning star, the beginning and the end and the judge of the universe.

I wouldn't trade shoes with a Muslim for all the wealth in the world. Muslims are in deep, deep, deep trouble. They have been blinded by the prince of this world the father of lies. I understand that Islam's Allah is the best of deceivers. That makes prefect sense. When I talk to Muslim, I thank God I am not in their shoes as I pray for them to come out of bondage. Muslims are truly slaves of Islam's deception.
Last edited by Burninglight on Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burninglight
Guru

Are you confused?

Post #58

Post by Burninglight »

Asher wrote: Peace be upon you,
There is only one God who can never die. What you said about Jesus is very, very close to the truth! The only correction I could make is Jesus is not a god. He is the Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, Immanuel (God with us) and much, much more.
Brother, I can see that everything that you wrote is a contradiction to either the Bible or the Christian faith;
"Everlasting Father" ->Jesus has so many times denies that he is the father;
"Prince of Peace" -> Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. (Matthew 10:34)
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. (Luke 22:36)
"Immanuel (God with us)" -> In the OT & NT together the word Immanuel is mention only thrice;
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. (Isaiah 7:14)
And he shall pass through Judah; he shall overflow and go over, he shall reach even to the neck; and the stretching out of his wings shall fill the breadth of thy land, O Immanuel. (Isaiah 8:8)
Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. (Matthew 1:23)
From among the 4 Gospels none have ever call Jesus Immanuel nor Emmanuel;
And Immanuel is a name-> "call his name", and none has called Jesus Immanuel;
"much, much more" -> I want to know more;
Jesus is God come in the flesh or God's word come in human form.
God or God's word; He surely cannot be both;
One and only one denies the trinitarian doctrine;
God is Spirt and God is Holy; therefore, He is the Holy Spirit.
What about the Holy Ghost; is God a Ghost?
No Christian can tell you why God made His Holiness and His Word distinct persons, but the Word of God alludes to the trinity that is one not only in purposes but in nature.
No scripture supports the Idea of trinity, else prove it;
Jesus and the Holy Spirit are not God's partners. Jesus is not God's messenger; He is God's MESSAGE! They are one in essence!
First of all it is important to note that Jesus was less than God in position, office and function, but he was equal in nature, essence and character
The trinitarian doctrine says that:
The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are Co-equal and Co-eternal; if the son "is God's MESSAGE!" being co-equal and same nature the father and the Holy Spirit shall be the same;
If they have the same "nature, essence and character" they cannot be different, Sender and the Message cannot be the same;

Peace be upon you all;
First of all, the word trinity is not in the Bible, but the concept is and was apparent to all of Christ's disciples. No Christian fully understand's the trinity. But we do know that Jesus is all that God is but not all there is to God. Why God has made his word and holiness distinct persons of the same essence is a mystery, and it will remain to be until we see God face to face.

If you want me to explain God's essence I cannot. No one can even explain how God created the worlds let alone who His essence is. God said, "I am" Jesus said "Before Abraham was 'I am"' If you can tell me how God created life from nothing, I'll tell you how all things were made by Jesus for Jesus and through Jesus and how He is the Prince of Peace, Everlasting father, mighty God, Lion of the tribe of Judah, the rose of Sharon, the bright morning star, the beginning and the end and the judge of the universe.

I wouldn't trade shoes with a Muslim for all the wealth in the world. Muslims are in deep, deep, deep trouble. They have been blinded by the prince of this world the father of lies. I understand that Islam's Allah is the best of deceivers. That makes prefect sense. When I talk to Muslim, I thank God I am not in their shoes as I pray for them to come out of bondage. Muslims are truly slaves of Islam's deception.

Jesus is the total spiritual sum of all things! Every knee will bow and tongue confess that Jesus is "Lord" to the glory of the father. And all say AMEN

Asher
Student

Post #59

Post by Asher »

Peace be upon you;
First of all, the word trinity is not in the Bible, but the concept is and was apparent to all of Christ's disciples.
I want proof about the concept of the trinity from the bible;
Not only that It exist but that Jesus too taught it;
No Christian fully understand's the trinity. But we do know that Jesus is all that God is but not all there is to God. Why God has made his word and holiness distinct persons of the same essence is a mystery, and it will remain to be until we see God face to face.
Sounds like you've had another argument, I've already answered that on other post, and compared to you I don't like to repeat myself;
If you want me to explain God's essence I cannot. No one can even explain how God created the worlds let alone who His essence is.
You should buy a Qur'an there you will find how God created the Universe; And Science agrees with it;
God said, "I am" Jesus said "Before Abraham was 'I am"
The word in question in the original language is " �ֶֽהְיֶ֑ה":
And is translated in different ways some of them are:

Exodus 3:14 
BIB: וַיֹּ֙�מֶר֙ כִּֽי־ �ֶֽהְיֶ֣ה עִמָּ֔ךְ וְזֶה־
INT: said Certainly become you and this
Exodus 3:14 
BIB: �ֶל־ מֹשֶ�֔ה �ֶֽהְיֶ֖ה �ֲשֶ�֣ר �ֶֽהְיֶ֑ה
NAS: said to Moses, I AM WHO I AM;
KJV: unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM:
INT: to Moses I am WHO I am
Joshua 1:5 
BIB: עִ�־ מֹשֶ�ה֙ �ֶהְיֶ֣ה עִמָּ֔ךְ לֹ֥�
INT: with Moses have been with No
Job 3:16 
BIB: טָ֭מוּן לֹ֣� �ֶהְיֶ֑ה כְּ�עֹלְלִ֗י� לֹ�־
INT: is discarded never not be As infants never
Psalm 50:21 
BIB: דִּמִּ֗יתָ הֱֽיוֹת־ �ֶֽהְיֶ֥ה כָמ֑וֹךָ �וֹכִיחֲךָ֖
INT: thought was altogether was just like will reprove
This word has been translated "become"(around 30 times) more times that it has been translated "I am"(around 19 times) ;
But I would rather take it to be a name than a in the literal sense;
Try to tell to anyone "I am has sent me", and you'll see where they'll send you;
' If you can tell me how God created life from nothing,
Not nothing but water;

"What is the matter with you, that you are not conscious of Allah's majesty, seeing that it is He Who has created you in diverse stages? See you not how Allah has created the seven heavens one above another, and made the moon a light in their midst, and made the sun as a (glorious) lamp? And Allah has produced you from the earth, growing (gradually)" (71:13-17).
The Quran describes that Allah "made from water every living thing" (21:30). Another verse describes how "Allah has created every animal from water. Of them are some that creep on their bellies, some that walk on two legs, and some that walk on four. Allah creates what He wills, for truly Allah has power over all things" (24:45). These verses support the scientific theory that life began in the Earth's oceans.

Islam teaches that human beings are a unique life form that was created by Allah in a special way, with unique gifts and abilities unlike any other: a soul and conscience, knowledge, and free will. In short, Muslims do not believe that human beings randomly evolved from apes. The life of human beings began with the creation of two people, a male and a female named Adam and Hawwa (Eve).

For further explanation buy a Qur'an;

It is even said in the bible:

Genesis 1:19-21
19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Maybe because christianity teaches that God should beget to create that is why you didn't know that as God wills something he says "Be" and his will came into being;

I'll tell you how all things were made by Jesus for Jesus and through Jesus and how He is the Prince of Peace, Everlasting father, mighty God, Lion of the tribe of Judah, the rose of Sharon, the bright morning star, the beginning and the end and the judge of the universe.
"bright morning star"-> This word, transliterated hêlēl or heylel, occurs only once in the Hebrew Bible and according to Strong's Concordance means "shining one, morning star, Lucifer". [1]The word Lucifer is taken from the Latin Vulgate,[2] which translates הֵילֵל as lucifer,[3][4] meaning "the morning star, the planet Venus" (or, as an adjective, "light-bringing"),
Seems like you've got another demon disguise in Jesus who's account has been taken into the Canon of the Bible
I wouldn't trade shoes with a Muslim for all the wealth in the world. Muslims are in deep, deep, deep trouble. They have been blinded by the prince of this world the father of lies.
Your are helpless, but i'll pray for your heart to unbound;
I understand that Islam's Allah is the best of deceivers. That makes prefect sense. When I talk to Muslim, I thank God I am not in their shoes as I pray for them to come out of bondage. Muslims are truly slaves of Islam's deception.
Sounds like your out of argument;
Jesus is the total spiritual sum of all things! Every knee will bow and tongue confess that Jesus is "Lord" to the glory of the father. And all say AMEN
Very beautiful words, but meaning nothing;

Peace be upon you all;

Burninglight
Guru

Jesus is Lord

Post #60

Post by Burninglight »

Asher wrote: Peace be upon you;
First of all, the word trinity is not in the Bible, but the concept is and was apparent to all of Christ's disciples.
I want proof about the concept of the trinity from the bible;
Not only that It exist but that Jesus too taught it;
Matthew-28:20. Jesus said, Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.