debating

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Mattevt
Site Supporter

debating

Post #1

Post by Mattevt »

I became a Christian when I was a little kid. I grew up in a very Christian home, I went to Church every Sunday etc. I accepted Christ as my savior early on and I lived a pretty good life. Recently however I've been questioning my faith. I'm in college, and as many of you know college is a difficult place to defend your faith at.

Anyways, I've been hearing from all angles that Christianity defies logic, and I dismissed it at first as people who just "didn't know" and "couldn't understand". But lately I've been thinking about it and it's starting to hurt my mind. I've always believed whole-heartedly in Creationism, because I saw all the flaws in Evolution. But people continue to point out, and I've noticed that creationism seems to "defy" logic. This, along with the catholic church saying that not everything in the bible is "exact truth", just...get's me thinking.

I know I'm rambling, and possibly not making much sense, but for those with an inkling of what I'm saying, I'm a very struggling Christian, and would appreciate any advice.
Image TheFizz156, MattTkach@gmail.com

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #31

Post by McCulloch »

I guess that the point is that humans do not really understand happiness and therefore fall victim to charlatans who claim that they do.

I sometimes have a problem understanding poetry too.

Mattevt
Site Supporter

Post #32

Post by Mattevt »

I see. Point taken, thank you. Does anyone feel that it is possible to have a true grasp on what happiness really is?
Image TheFizz156, MattTkach@gmail.com

Bugmaster
Site Supporter

Post #33

Post by Bugmaster »

Mattevt wrote:I see. Point taken, thank you. Does anyone feel that it is possible to have a true grasp on what happiness really is?
I think you guys are making it too complicated. As I said earlier -- if you think you're happy, then you're happy. Sure, there's a chance you could be even happier -- through alchohol, durgs, self-improvement, religion, or whatever -- but there are always tradeoffs involved. I don't think there's this ultimate "true" happiness that everyone should strive for, that sounds a bit too creepy and authoritarian for my taste.