Muhammad a prophet?

To discuss Islam topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

Joshua Patrick
Apprentice

Muhammad a prophet?

Post #1

Post by Joshua Patrick »

The technical term used by Muslim scholars to designate a miracle that confirms prophethood is "mudjiza.

To qualify iy needs to be;

1) an act of God that cannot be done by any creature.
2)Contrary to the things the customary course of things in that class.
3) aimed at proving the authenticity of that prophet
4) preceded by the announcement of a forthcoming miracle.
5) carried out in the exact manner it was announced.
6) accomplished only through the hands of the prophet.
7) in no way contrary to his prophetic claim
8) accompanied by a challenge to reduplicate it
9) by anyone present. Muslims believe that Moses, Lord Jesus, Elijah performed miracles that fulfilled these criteria.

How come Muhammad did not provide any miracles?

He was challenged to do a miracle, and he did not perform a miracle.

Kuan
Site Supporter

Post #31

Post by Kuan »

B-O-H wrote:Srsly, the God of the NT HATES the false prophet that doesn't speak the truth about Jesus. We're talking an eternity in the Lake of Fire for him, AND his followers gets thrown in as well. There will be no reincarnation for the followers of the false one for 1000 years. Only God's people will return to rule the world. But Muhammad's your man. You, like Muhammad, don't care. You share in Muhammad's complete lack of compassion for the Christian God. Muhammad craps all over Jesus's good name and legacy. But Muhammad is your man. It is you that merits pity.
Well opinion only goes so far. Actually, wait. It goes nowhere in debate.

:roll:

Now please provide a valid source to prove Hell exists. Then provide a valid source to prove that Muhammad has no compassion. Then provide a valid source for everything you have said.

Maybe then we will consider debating you. Until then good day and I will see you in heaven.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
- Voltaire

Kung may ayaw, may dahilan. Kung may gusto, may paraan.

Kuan
Site Supporter

Post #32

Post by Kuan »

B-O-H wrote:THat's why I know that the future of Christianity has Muhammad as the perfect example of what NOT to do, who NOT to be, and who God despises. Muhammad will forever be deitized as the antichrist. The unfaithful one. The murdering one. The sexually perverted one.. I could go on...That is his destiny.
Your as much an anti christ as Muhammad is.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
- Voltaire

Kung may ayaw, may dahilan. Kung may gusto, may paraan.

sleepyhead
Site Supporter

Post #33

Post by sleepyhead »

Murad wrote:As i said earlier, there are no perfect parallels to arabic words in english, thus the reason some words are slightly pre-defined.
Hello murad,

I therefore withdraw my objection to your/Islams use of the word prophet.
May all your naps be joyous occasions.