Is Santana really Satan in disguise?

Religion in TV, Movies, Books, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

melodious
Scholar

Is Santana really Satan in disguise?

Post #1

Post by melodious »

Lorens wrote:You have often heard and read that human beings give this evil spirit and his cohorts, commonly called “devils,� all kinds of names. I shall explain to you why and whence this arch evil spirit received all the different names, and who the devils actually are.
Satana, Satan, Leviathan, Beelzebub, Gog, Magog, the Serpent, the Dragon, the Animal of the Abyss, Lucifer...

You know, if you take the name Satana and add a 'n' between the first 'a' and 't' you have Santana. I'm thinkng there might be a connection here. Because when I listen to Santana, even though his music is cloaked in new age Christian spiritualisms, I feel like being "dirty." It really evokes the naughty nature in me, you know, with all that lascivious Latino conga playing and all. I'm thinking you would have to be a really strong Christian to be able to overcome the temptations of Santana music. Perhaps we should add Santana to the list too.

Questions for debate: Is Santana really Satan in disguise? Is Santana's music a threat to the Christian lifestyle?
Last edited by melodious on Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

melodious
Scholar

Post #21

Post by melodious »

McCulloch wrote:Moved out of apologetics to Entertainment. Reserve the option to move to Rambling if some debate does not break out soon.
Well, in that case, let's debate the topic: Is Santana's music a threat to the Christian lifestyle?

I mean, when I was a kid listening to all those Heavy Metal records, it certainly threatened my Christian upbringing, let me tell ya. What's even funnier is the fact that the Rock stars who are accused of being involved in the occult, which many blow off as being false media, is actually true!! Jimmy Page was very involved in the occult and even bought Crowley's house by Loc Nes. Most of the "rumours" of stars involved with such things are true.

Then we come to Santana. The name means 'holy,' and is derived from "Saint Anna." However, this is a deception of the Devil, because Santana has an album called 'Abraxas' which is a hermaphrodite deity mentioned in some of Aleister Crowley's writtings. So the name is deceiving. Then when you listen to the music, it all comes clear, for it makes people want to have sex. There are sexual innuendos everywhere - just the music itself is seductive. It sure isn't the Carpenters or Air Supply, so though I find some of the posts humorous, they are not taking this issue seriously enough. Christians should be concerned about Rock music and the effect it has on youth, as they always have been in the past. I mean, look at me... I'm a Satanist and I'm sure it could all be blamed on Rock music. My parents blame Rock music. Christians blame Rock music. So I'll blame Rock music too. ;)

Thank you, all you Rockers out there, for making me what I am today. I give all the credit to you guys for possessing me with the idea that religion is bad.

My point is simple: If you are concerned about your children growing up as heathens and atheists, don't let them listen to Rock music. Rock music is from the Devil, there is no doubt about it. So if you are a good Christian, you'll keep your kids away from Rock music, because it has the potential to threaten your childrens' chances of living a good Christian life - I'm not joking here.

However, I'm now rather proud of my devilish liberation from Christianity... but that's probably just Satan talking, so don't listen to me. Save your children before it's too late!!! Because when you get to be my age, it's too late, for Satan has already purchased your soul for pennies on the dollar... or perhaps just a few crazy nights of loose women, drugs, and head bangin', foot stompin' Rock 'n' Roll.

M
Now some of you may encounter the devils bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment.
- William S. Burroughs

There is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over. - Frank Zappa

Pazuzu bin Hanbi
Sage

Post #22

Post by Pazuzu bin Hanbi »

What about Christian Rock? Or even Christian Black Metal like Horde? He had tracks with titles like ‘Silence the Blasphemous Chanting’! :lol:
لا إلـــــــــــــــــــــــــــه