Jehovah's Witnesses issue four new prophecies

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Miles
Savant

Jehovah's Witnesses issue four new prophecies

Post #1

Post by Miles »

According to a Wikipedia article the Jehovah’s Witnesses people haven't made a prophecy since 1989, 34 years ago. But just today I stumbled across four that were made in 2020. Lucky! Right?

From

"STUDY ARTICLE 20
Who Is “the King of the North” Today?

WE HAVE more evidence than ever before that we are living at the end of the last days of this system of things. Soon, Jehovah and Jesus Christ will destroy all governments that oppose the Kingdom. Before that event occurs, the king of the north and the king of the south will continue their conflict with each other and with God’s people."

So, who are these kings of the north and the south?

......... "Note why we can say that today the king of the north is Russia and its allies. . . . ."

......... "They [king of the north and its allies] have been competing with the king of the south, the Anglo-American World Power."

prophecy #1 (what god and Jesus will do to governments that oppose the Kingdom, and when)
1 Soon, Jehovah and Jesus Christ will destroy all governments that oppose the Kingdom.

prophecy #2 (What shape the king of the south be in when god and Jesus destroy all human governments)
10 The prophecy recorded at Daniel 11:40-45 focuses mainly on the activity of the king of the north. Does this mean that he will conquer the king of the south? No. The king of the south will still be “alive” when Jehovah and Jesus destroy all human governments at the war of Armageddon.

prophecy #3 (What the coalition of nations will do to god's people)
14 Sometime after the start of the great tribulation, “the kings of the entire inhabited earth” will form a coalition of nations. (Rev. 16:13, 14; 19:19) That coalition becomes what the Scriptures call “Gog of the land of Magog.” (Ezek. 38:2) That coalition of nations will make one final all-out assault on God’s people.

prophecy #4 (What a person needs to do to be saved and when this will happen)
19 If we [support God’s Kingdom] we will be saved when the king of the north and the king of the south are destroyed by God’s Kingdom.

Publishied May 2020
source

OR aren't these prophecies at all?

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses issue four new prophecies

Post #21

Post by onewithhim »

Miles wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:09 pm

According to a Wikipedia article the Jehovah’s Witnesses people haven't made a prophecy since 1989, 34 years ago. But just today I stumbled across four that were made in 2020. Lucky! Right?

From

"STUDY ARTICLE 20
Who Is “the King of the North” Today?

WE HAVE more evidence than ever before that we are living at the end of the last days of this system of things. Soon, Jehovah and Jesus Christ will destroy all governments that oppose the Kingdom. Before that event occurs, the king of the north and the king of the south will continue their conflict with each other and with God’s people."

So, who are these kings of the north and the south?

......... "Note why we can say that today the king of the north is Russia and its allies. . . . ."

......... "They [king of the north and its allies] have been competing with the king of the south, the Anglo-American World Power."

prophecy #1 (what god and Jesus will do to governments that oppose the Kingdom, and when)
1 Soon, Jehovah and Jesus Christ will destroy all governments that oppose the Kingdom.

prophecy #2 (What shape the king of the south be in when god and Jesus destroy all human governments)
10 The prophecy recorded at Daniel 11:40-45 focuses mainly on the activity of the king of the north. Does this mean that he will conquer the king of the south? No. The king of the south will still be “alive” when Jehovah and Jesus destroy all human governments at the war of Armageddon.

prophecy #3 (What the coalition of nations will do to god's people)
14 Sometime after the start of the great tribulation, “the kings of the entire inhabited earth” will form a coalition of nations. (Rev. 16:13, 14; 19:19) That coalition becomes what the Scriptures call “Gog of the land of Magog.” (Ezek. 38:2) That coalition of nations will make one final all-out assault on God’s people.

prophecy #4 (What a person needs to do to be saved and when this will happen)
19 If we [support God’s Kingdom] we will be saved when the king of the north and the king of the south are destroyed by God’s Kingdom.

Publishied May 2020
source

OR aren't these prophecies at all?

The WTS brothers are not prophets. They simply are warning people of what will occur. They are scrupulous in giving a warning, and if this wasn't given, what kind of God would Jehovah be? And they came to the conclusion that the King of the North is Russia and its allies through lots of prayer and discussion. It looks like they were right.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses issue four new prophecies

Post #22

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Miles wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:01 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:19 pm WHO MADE THE PROPHECY?

The JESUS CHRIST
Really? Jesus said :

......."Christ's [My] kingdom would hold full sway over the earth in 1914; the Jews, as a people, would be restored to God's favor; the "saints" would be carried to heaven"

That was the INTERPRETATION of what Jesus said. NOTE your own wikileak quotation ?
Miles wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:23 pm
I came across the following piece in Wikipedia some time ago, and recently remembered how priceless it was and thought I'd share.

"Central to Jehovah's Witnesses' beliefs are their interpretations of the second coming of Christ

Novices and armchair anti-relgionists fast on the criticism but slow on research that I have met in real life may not know it, but serious bible students such as everyone on this forum are all well aware of the "gentile times" prophesy of Jesus Christ. I have never yet met anyone that knows their bible, attempt to deny that Jesus made such a prophecy and I am feel confident that is not what you are doing.

Christians for centuries have speculated as to its interpretation as I am sure, given your profound and studied knowledge of scripture, you know. For those that have never even heard of the "GENTILE TIMES"/times of the Gentiles (nations), I would normally suggest they Google.

JEHOVAH’S WITNESS

To learn more please go to other posts related to...

LAST DAYS and ...THE GENTILE TIMES and ....1914
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8