Why would God allow his holy book to be corrupted by man?

To discuss Islam topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

zcaz
Apprentice

Why would God allow his holy book to be corrupted by man?

Post #1

Post by zcaz »

The Bible clearly teaches that Jesus is God incarnated and this is evident through comparison ..
"I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour." Isaiah 43:11

...the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. 1 John 4:14

...the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us...John 1:14

Jesus said, "Fear not; I am the first and the last:" Revelation 1:17
... Then saith Jesus unto him... Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. Matthew 4:10

While [Jesus] spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him... Matthew 9:18
...unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder...and his name shall be called... The mighty God, The everlasting Father... Isaiah 9:6 (talking about god being the messiah)

The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he. John 4:25-26

So here is clear cut evidence that Jesus in the Bible indirectly claimed to be God. If you reject this, you would have to believe that God allowed his word to be manipulated by man and or changed his mind when he gave Muhammad his revelation.

Wouldn't it make sense however, that the Bible claims Jesus is the only way to salvation, and Satan being the clever deceiver/copy cat that he is, gave a false revelation to Muhammad with the sole purpose of discrediting Jesus?

With so many Islamic organizations and movements out there hellbent on destroying Christians and Jews alike, it seems as if Islam is a 'wolf in sheeps clothing' where they do have good messages of peace but also a huge following of spiritual and political leaders who claim the Imam Mahdi is alive and is going to help in the uprising of Islam(sounds a lot like the Christian prophesied anti-christ).

I'm not trying to be offensive, I'm just wondering how Islam is justified in their beliefs that there is an almighty God, yet he allowed his word to be semi-perverted?

Jacob Simonsky
Apprentice

Post #21

Post by Jacob Simonsky »

Murad wrote:
James Simmons wrote: The error you make is to begin a discussion by insisting that your religious beliefs are superior to that of others. This is hardly an equitable or fair method because it leaves no room for intellect.
Exactly, there is no way one can debate with such a person intellectually & objectively.

Im Murad, pleasure to meet you James.

Likewise Brother. Call me Yaqub

Murad
Guru

Post #22

Post by Murad »

James Simmons wrote:
Murad wrote:
James Simmons wrote: The error you make is to begin a discussion by insisting that your religious beliefs are superior to that of others. This is hardly an equitable or fair method because it leaves no room for intellect.
Exactly, there is no way one can debate with such a person intellectually & objectively.

Im Murad, pleasure to meet you James.

Likewise Brother. Call me Yaqub
Salam Aleykum Brother Yaqub, why dont you introduce yourself in the general chat section.
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

(Quran 29:2-3)

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

Jacob Simonsky
Apprentice

Post #23

Post by Jacob Simonsky »

Likewise Brother. Call me Yaqub[/quote]

Salam Aleykum Brother Yaqub, why dont you introduce yourself in the general chat section.[/quote]

I don't know why I did not. The last time I did that I was attacked mercilessly by those who would try to unconvert me. Just saw an interesting thread and jumped in. I am a recent revert and certainly the least of any who are new to Islam. I fail every day. Oh well.... There are no masjids closer than 55 miles to where I live so I am alone in my town. Not the best of circumstances. I study and try my best.

May the peace of Allah be with us all and open our hearts.

Murad
Guru

Post #24

Post by Murad »

James Simmons wrote: I don't know why I did not. The last time I did that I was attacked mercilessly by those who would try to unconvert me.
And that is expected, take Yusuf Estes for example, im sure you've heard about him.

Always remember brother:
Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path).
(Quran 2:18)
James Simmons wrote:I am a recent revert and certainly the least of any who are new to Islam. I fail every day. Oh well.... There are no masjids closer than 55 miles to where I live so I am alone in my town. Not the best of circumstances. I study and try my best.
Well, theres your Jihad for you :D I guess you gave your Shahada in public?
James Simmons wrote: May the peace of Allah be with us all and open our hearts.
Amen.
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

Jacob Simonsky
Apprentice

Post #25

Post by Jacob Simonsky »

Well, theres your Jihad for you :D I guess you gave your Shahada in public?
James Simmons wrote: May the peace of Allah be with us all and open our hearts.
Amen.[/quote]

In the San Diego Islamic Center on a Friday evening two years ago. Many were there but only four of us knew what was going on over in the corner. Yeah... Jihad is right. I believe I have the necessary discipline. Of great importance to me is the Holy Quran. It remains unsullied by the hand of man. The contents are clear, concise and to the point with little ambiguity. The history of Islam is well documented. If anything is lost to time I've not heard of it. Differing sects may disagree but they maintain the very same book. This is noteworthy. And, I do believe that in the Quran are the tools for making better sense of both Judaism and Christianity.

You folks down in OZ are having a bit of a struggle with the government I read. Good luck. I hope things settle down.

Murad
Guru

Post #26

Post by Murad »

James Simmons wrote: In the San Diego Islamic Center on a Friday evening two years ago. Many were there but only four of us knew what was going on over in the corner. Yeah... Jihad is right. I believe I have the necessary discipline. Of great importance to me is the Holy Quran. It remains unsullied by the hand of man. The contents are clear, concise and to the point with little ambiguity. The history of Islam is well documented. If anything is lost to time I've not heard of it. Differing sects may disagree but they maintain the very same book. This is noteworthy. And, I do believe that in the Quran are the tools for making better sense of both Judaism and Christianity.

You folks down in OZ are having a bit of a struggle with the government I read. Good luck. I hope things settle down.
& what was your former religion, Christianity i guess? & i'd like to add, we are mainly a peaceful community here on this forum, so you can introduce yourself in the General Chat section without the fear of "Being Attacked", this forum is an unbiased forum.

& yeah, in 2006 there was a bit of an unrest with the middle eastern community here in OZ, it was more to do with "Clash of the Cultures" more than anything else, and it certainly had nothing to do with religion. Its all peaceful again thank God :)

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

Jacob Simonsky
Apprentice

Post #27

Post by Jacob Simonsky »

You folks down in OZ are having a bit of a struggle with the government I read. Good luck. I hope things settle down.[/quote]

& what was your former religion, Christianity i guess? & i'd like to add, we are mainly a peaceful community here on this forum, so you can introduce yourself in the General Chat section without the fear of "Being Attacked", this forum is an unbiased forum.

& yeah, in 2006 there was a bit of an unrest with the middle eastern community here in OZ, it was more to do with "Clash of the Cultures" more than anything else, and it certainly had nothing to do with religion. Its all peaceful again thank God :)[/quote]

My family history background is both Jewish and Catholic. I am German, Hungarian, Polish and a bit of English too. In America we don't get too excited about old world issues between us. We're just Americans. It was not always this way though. I was officially Catholic before shahada but it had been years upon years since I'd been in any sort of church.

I had a very bad experience on the Premiere Christian Community in UK. There are some there that unceasingly attack Islam. I am afraid that I got a little mad at them and let them know about it. I accused them of having bad manners. That was that.

I will be going to New York City in a year and intend on visiting the new Islamic Visitor Center that is in the news now.
Please do not ask me to provide evidence of what I claim. I have no interest in persuading anyone to believe as I do.

Jew, Christian and Muslim... all equal in G-d's eye.

Murad
Guru

Post #28

Post by Murad »

James Simmons wrote: My family history background is both Jewish and Catholic. I am German, Hungarian, Polish and a bit of English too. In America we don't get too excited about old world issues between us. We're just Americans. It was not always this way though. I was officially Catholic before shahada but it had been years upon years since I'd been in any sort of church.
Nice, you have a rich background. Im turkish/kurdish.
James Simmons wrote: I will be going to New York City in a year and intend on visiting the new Islamic Visitor Center that is in the news now.
That sounds awsome, New York is a nice place. I intend on going hajj in the future, insallah.

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

Jacob Simonsky
Apprentice

Post #29

Post by Jacob Simonsky »

Nice, you have a rich background. Im turkish/kurdish.
James Simmons wrote: I will be going to New York City in a year and intend on visiting the new Islamic Visitor Center that is in the news now.
That sounds awsome, New York is a nice place. I intend on going hajj in the future, insallah.[/quote]

I wish I could afford to travel to Turkey. There is so much history in that part of the world and the country is beautiful. From what I hear the people are tolerant of we stupid Americans too. Ha Ha.

During WW2 I lived in New York City as a small boy. I remember quite a lot and am anxious to visit.

I think about Hajj as well. A little afraid to go alone. I'll find a travel group and join in.
Please do not ask me to provide evidence of what I claim. I have no interest in persuading anyone to believe as I do.

Jacob Simonsky
Apprentice

Post #30

Post by Jacob Simonsky »

Yeah, that there is no Christian God. Or at least one who cares if someone wants to lie about him. The Koran steers people away from God. It is the most dangerous thing to God that has ever been devised. THe Koran steps directly in the way of all the people of the world from the Christian God. But you don't believe there is a God who has the kind of compassion for Jesus as the Bible says. God loves Islammists and Muhammad INSTEAD of every other religion. You are srsly missing out on a very very ANCIENT source of phylosophy and compassion conveyed through the Holy spirit, the Chakras, from a number of enlightened beings in Heaven.[/quote]

Thank you...