Why wont god heal amputees?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

melikio
Guru

I think someone oversees things.

Post #11

Post by melikio »

All you have to do to find a reasonable explanation for these is to believe there is no GOD. Then they all make sense.
I see your reasoning, and it's noted.

Still, I haven't seen any absolute reasoning or explanation which has allowed me to have "zero" faith that God exists.

I tend to think/believe that we (humans) generally misunderstand a lot of things, mainly because we only possess "partial" knowledge of any given thing. I can accept that in learning we progress (in various ways), but I haven't ruled God out.

I definitely have adjusted my views or understanding of who/what God may be (it's a work in perpetual progress). :)

-Mel-
"It is better to BE more like Jesus and assume to speak less for God." -MA-

Cogitoergosum
Sage

Re: I think someone oversees things.

Post #12

Post by Cogitoergosum »

melikio wrote:
All you have to do to find a reasonable explanation for these is to believe there is no GOD. Then they all make sense.
I see your reasoning, and it's noted.

Still, I haven't seen any absolute reasoning or explanation which has allowed me to have "zero" faith that God exists.

I tend to think/believe that we (humans) generally misunderstand a lot of things, mainly because we only possess "partial" knowledge of any given thing. I can accept that in learning we progress (in various ways), but I haven't ruled God out.

I definitely have adjusted my views or understanding of who/what God may be (it's a work in perpetual progress). :)

-Mel-
I hope you just didn't take the first line that you quoted without reading the rest. My point was that if you think that the wrold was not an intelligent design, its errors make sense because it is not perfect.
I was hoping you would comment on my explanations of pain, faith...
Beati paupere spiritu

Katsuro
Student

Post #13

Post by Katsuro »

It is more likely the case that all the examples of God curing people are either untrue, exaggerated, are the result of some sort of placebo effect or there were other factors involved not known/disclosed.

Greatest I Am
Banned
Banned

Evil

Post #14

Post by Greatest I Am »

1 Samuel 16:14 (Read all of 1 Samuel 16)
But the Spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the Lord troubled him

Evil includes physical and mental disabilities. The Bible indicates that evil comes from God and usually have a purpose. If this is so, He is not likely to remove something He has put in place.
No one likes this fact but it is a fact.

Regards
DL

Cogitoergosum
Sage

Re: Evil

Post #15

Post by Cogitoergosum »

Greatest I Am wrote:1 Samuel 16:14 (Read all of 1 Samuel 16)
But the Spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the Lord troubled him

Evil includes physical and mental disabilities. The Bible indicates that evil comes from God and usually have a purpose. If this is so, He is not likely to remove something He has put in place.
No one likes this fact but it is a fact.

Regards
DL
So god is the devil then. FINE. i'm cool with that.
Beati paupere spiritu

Greatest I Am
Banned
Banned

Exactly

Post #16

Post by Greatest I Am »

No one else has any power except man.
This is why God pays attention to us.
The two edged sword.
If it was not so late I would go find the Biblical quote to prove my words.

Regards
DL

Cogitoergosum
Sage

Re: Exactly

Post #17

Post by Cogitoergosum »

Greatest I Am wrote:No one else has any power except man.
This is why God pays attention to us.
The two edged sword.
If it was not so late I would go find the Biblical quote to prove my words.

Regards
DL
It is fine i don't think there is any proof in the bible for anything.
Beati paupere spiritu

The Nice Centurion
Sage

Re: Why wont god heal amputees?

Post #18

Post by The Nice Centurion »

Metacrock wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:38 am

here's the answer:

Psa 104

104:1 Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.

Psa 104:2 Who coverest [thyself] with light as [with] a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:

Psa 104:3 Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind:

Psa 104:4 Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:

Psa 104:5 [Who] laid the foundations of the earth, [that] it should not be removed for ever.

Psa 104:6 Thou coveredst it with the deep as [with] a garment: the waters stood above the mountains.

Psa 104:7 At thy rebuke they fled; at the voice of thy thunder they hasted away.

Psa 104:8 They go up by the mountains; they go down by the valleys unto the place which thou hast founded for them.

Psa 104:9 Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over; that they turn not again to cover the earth.

Psa 104:10 He sendeth the springs into the valleys, [which] run among the hills.

Psa 104:11 They give drink to every beast of the field: the wild asses quench their thirst.

Psa 104:12 By them shall the fowls of the heaven have their habitation, [which] sing among the branches.

Psa 104:13 He watereth the hills from his chambers: the earth is satisfied with the fruit of thy works.

Psa 104:14 He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;

Psa 104:15 And wine [that] maketh glad the heart of man, [and] oil to make [his] face to shine, and bread [which] strengtheneth man's heart.

Psa 104:16 The trees of the LORD are full [of sap]; the cedars of Lebanon, which he hath planted;

Psa 104:17 Where the birds make their nests: [as for] the stork, the fir trees [are] her house.

Psa 104:18 The high hills [are] a refuge for the wild goats; [and] the rocks for the conies.

Psa 104:19 He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth his going down.

Psa 104:20 Thou makest darkness, and it is night: wherein all the beasts of the forest do creep [forth].

Psa 104:21 The young lions roar after their prey, and seek their meat from God.

Psa 104:22 The sun ariseth, they gather themselves together, and lay them down in their dens.

Psa 104:23 Man goeth forth unto his work and to his labour until the evening.

Psa 104:24 O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches.

Psa 104:25 [So is] this great and wide sea, wherein [are] things creeping innumerable, both small and great beasts.

Psa 104:26 There go the ships: [there is] that leviathan, [whom] thou hast made to play therein.

Psa 104:27 These wait all upon thee; that thou mayest give [them] their meat in due season.

Psa 104:28 [That] thou givest them they gather: thou openest thine hand, they are filled with good.

Psa 104:29 Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust.

Psa 104:30 Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.

Psa 104:31 The glory of the LORD shall endure for ever: the LORD shall rejoice in his works.

Psa 104:32 He looketh on the earth, and it trembleth: he toucheth the hills, and they smoke.

Psa 104:33 I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.

Psa 104:34 My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the LORD.

Psa 104:35 Let the sinners be consumed out of the earth, and let the wicked be no more. Bless thou the LORD, O my soul. Praise ye the LORD.

get it?

Now here's another one

"why wont God heal stupidity?"

think about it

http://www.doxa.ws/other/Miracles7.html
1) Answering some question with another question is no way of serious debating!

2) It is pretty obvious when it comes to count the number of faith healed amputees in history.

But how would you knew that your god hasnt healed countless cases of stupidity throughout history?

You commit the Mangler Argument Fallacy here.
“If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. But if you drown a man in a fish pond, he will never have to go hungry again🐟

"Only Experts in Reformed Egyptian should be allowed to critique the Book of Mormon❗"

"Joseph Smith can't possibly have been a deceiver.
For if he had been, the Angel Moroni never would have taken the risk of enthrusting him with the Golden Plates❗"