No
17%

Total votes: 6

Dark Haibane
Student

Cheese?

Post #1

Post by Dark Haibane »

The question is weather or not you like cheese, and if so what is your favorite kind of cheese?

I like cheese, and my favorite kind of cheese is parmesan.

QED
Prodigy

Post #11

Post by QED »

Extra mature Cheddar for me. I'm only a short drive away from the town of Cheddar in England so I'm close to the true source :lol: As an interesting aside,a BBC News story has it that:
Canadian salvage divers are searching for an unusual treasure - a vast hunk of sunken cheddar cheese.
So Canadian cheese fans -- get diving!

Dark Haibane
Student

Post #12

Post by Dark Haibane »

Yesh, chedder is good. It goes well with most things.

Lasagna has always been my favorite dish. xD

Arya
Student

Post #13

Post by Arya »

MagusYanam wrote:No, no, Hunter's Cheddar is produced by the same Cabot - it's basically been allowed to age a little longer than their extra-sharp, I think, but it's the same kind of white cheddar.

But I haven't seen any around recently, so they might have discontinued it, or changed the name perhaps. Their sharper varieties all seem to have kind of odd names like 'Vintage' or 'Private Stock', it wouldn't surprise me to find that they had changed the name.

Oh well. Any kind of Cabot is great cheese, but it's still a bit too crumbly for sandwiches (heh).
I agree that Cabot, any flavor, is great! Love it. One of my favorite snacks is sliced Cabot Cheddar on a Triscuit or Wheat Thin. But Cabot Cheese with Granny Smith Apple slices is a close second!

MagusYanam
Guru

Post #14

Post by MagusYanam »

Arya wrote:One of my favorite snacks is sliced Cabot Cheddar on a Triscuit or Wheat Thin.
Ditto. Cabot on Wheat Thins is great! (Maybe I should stop coming to this particular thread; it always seems to make me hungry.)
Arya wrote:But Cabot Cheese with Granny Smith Apple slices is a close second!
Now that I've never tried - apples with cheese. So Cabot on granny-smith apple slices is good? I'm going to have to try that sometime.

Oh, as for other kinds of cheese that make good snacks - mozzarella is good plain. Not as sharp as cheddar though.

Arya
Student

Post #15

Post by Arya »

MagusYanam wrote:
Arya wrote:One of my favorite snacks is sliced Cabot Cheddar on a Triscuit or Wheat Thin.
Ditto. Cabot on Wheat Thins is great! (Maybe I should stop coming to this particular thread; it always seems to make me hungry.)
Arya wrote:But Cabot Cheese with Granny Smith Apple slices is a close second!
Now that I've never tried - apples with cheese. So Cabot on granny-smith apple slices is good? I'm going to have to try that sometime.

Oh, as for other kinds of cheese that make good snacks - mozzarella is good plain. Not as sharp as cheddar though.
I have some info for you concerning Cabot's Hunter Cheese:

http://www.cabotcheese.com/f1.tmpl?left ... eddar.html

This link will bring you to Cabot's products page. You can order online, or if you prefer to locate a store near you that sells the product there are numbers at the bottom of this screen. It does seem that this product is still available, but perhaps in only certain areas.

Mozzarella plain is great also. I think that was what "string cheese" is made from? Used to eat that as a kid.

If I may tempt you further though, I must mention trying Port Wine Cheese (the kind sold in grocery stores in the size and shape of a softball, covered in almond slivers) with either your cracker of choice, or Granny smith apple slices again... Very tasty Autumn snack...

You're right, this link does get me hungry too!
Got to go, getting hungry! 8)