Was Jesus homosexual?

Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

Flail

Was Jesus homosexual?

Post #1

Post by Flail »

Question for debate:
Is there any evidence or information from which one could logically conclude that Jesus (or Paul for that matter) was or was not homosexual?

And why would that matter in the least?

Flail

Re: Was Jesus homosexual?

Post #11

Post by Flail »

Haven wrote:
[color=darkred]Flail[/color] wrote: Question for debate:
Is there any evidence or information from which one could logically conclude that Jesus (or Paul for that matter) was or was not homosexual?
There isn't any evidence that Jesus / Paul was homosexual or heterosexual. We simply don't know.

[color=darkblue]Flail[/color] wrote:And why would that matter in the least?
It wouldn't.
Both Jesus and Paul appear as young, virile, healthy males and so both would presumably have testosterone and strong sexual urges. Can it then be somewhat reasonably inferred that (since they both kept almost exclusive company of unmarried men) they were homosexual?

Haven

Post #12

Post by Haven »

[color=darkred]Flail[/color] wrote:Both Jesus and Paul appear as young, virile, healthy males and so both would presumably have testosterone and strong sexual urges. Can it then be somewhat reasonably inferred that (since they both kept almost exclusive company of unmarried men) they were homosexual?
I think it's possible, but I still don't feel there is enough evidence to infer their sexuality one way or the other. They may have been gay, but they may have had religious reasons for eschewing marriage (Paul mentioned this when he wrote "it is better not to marry . . .").

Tex
Banned
Banned

Post #13

Post by Tex »

Flail wrote:
Tex wrote:
Flail wrote:
Tex wrote:
Flail wrote:
Tex wrote:
Flail wrote:
Question for debate:

Tex: Maybe he was a homosexual before conversion...Saint Paul that is.
Jp
As for the Lord .....He was not sexual. We are his creation. We are like children to him. He was neither gay nor straight. He was God.

If we are made in God's image, then perhaps either way is ok with Him.

Tex: Again....Loving a man is not the problem. God loves everyone.

So is it just homosexual, sexual penetration that God has a problem with? If I am attracted sexually to another man, can I hug him, hold his hand and kiss him in sexual fervor so long as there is no penetration of body parts?

If I and my homosexual partner are worshipping Christians with a personal relationship with our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, should we be able to join in Holy Matrimony so long as we promise never to sexually penetrate one another?

Tex: You planning to have a family? Will you having sex with your partner lead to children? If yes ....Then get married so there will be no other.

We plan to adopt from an orphanage.

What if I am homosexual but want children and so I marry a woman, but when we have sex I fantasize a particular man I am attracted to; will I suffer eternal damnation for that if I am a worshipping Christian?

Tex: Then you have committed adultery. If you don't know this already, then I believe you should ask God for guidance.

Flail

Post #14

Post by Flail »

Tex wrote:
Flail wrote:
Tex wrote:
Flail wrote:
Tex wrote:
Flail wrote:
Tex wrote:
Flail wrote:
Question for debate:

Jp
As for the Lord .....He was not sexual. We are his creation. We are like children to him. He was neither gay nor straight. He was God.

So is it just homosexual, sexual penetration that God has a problem with? If I am attracted sexually to another man, can I hug him, hold his hand and kiss him in sexual fervor so long as there is no penetration of body parts?

If I and my homosexual partner are worshipping Christians with a personal relationship with our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, should we be able to join in Holy Matrimony so long as we promise never to sexually penetrate one another?

Tex: You planning to have a family? Will you having sex with your partner lead to children? If yes ....Then get married so there will be no other.

What if I am homosexual but want children and so I marry a woman, but when we have sex I fantasize a particular man I am attracted to; will I suffer eternal damnation for that if I am a worshipping Christian?

Tex: Then you have committed adultery. If you don't know this already, then I believe you should ask God for guidance.
So you buy into the whole lusting in you heart notion as being the equivalent of adultery.

Tex
Banned
Banned

Post #15

Post by Tex »

Flail wrote:
Tex wrote:
Flail wrote:
Tex wrote:
Flail wrote:
Tex wrote:
Flail wrote:
Tex wrote:
Flail wrote:
Question for debate:

Jp

So you buy into the whole lusting in you heart notion as being the equivalent of adultery.
Tex: Yes, it is a failure of the commitment you made to your spouse. If you dream of another person, then you are not in love with that person. Your bond was a lie.

A person may see people having sex(mostly men), in turn exciting them to what to have sex. But if they wish to have sex with one of the people other than their spouse. Then they have committed adultery. Because they would ratter be with someone else, than the person they fell in love with.

Waiting4evidence
Sage

Post #16

Post by Waiting4evidence »

Tex wrote:
Flail wrote:
Tex wrote:
Flail wrote: Question for debate:

Then was Paul converted to heterosexuality?
Tex: No...He was now an Apostles of Christ. No more women or men for him.
Only children

Waiting4evidence
Sage

Post #17

Post by Waiting4evidence »

Tex wrote:
Flail wrote:
Tex wrote:
Flail wrote:
Tex wrote:
Flail wrote:
Tex wrote:
Flail wrote:
Tex wrote:
Flail wrote:
Question for debate:

Jp

Tex: Yes, it is a failure of the commitment you made to your spouse. If you dream of another person, then you are not in love with that person. Your bond was a lie.

A person may see people having sex(mostly men), in turn exciting them to what to have sex. But if they wish to have sex with one of the people other than their spouse. Then they have committed adultery. Because they would ratter be with someone else, than the person they fell in love with.
What if both the husband and the wife want to have sex with some other woman and have an awesome threesome. Is that ok?

Tex
Banned
Banned

Post #18

Post by Tex »

Waiting4evidence wrote:
Tex wrote:
Flail wrote:
Tex wrote:
Flail wrote:
Tex wrote:
Flail wrote:
Tex wrote:
Flail wrote:
Tex wrote:

Jp

What if both the husband and the wife want to have sex with some other woman and have an awesome threesome. Is that ok?
Tex: As long as you have two monkeys a pig and two dogs making out at the same time....Souldn't be a problem.
8-)

Tex
Banned
Banned

Post #19

Post by Tex »

Waiting4evidence wrote:
Tex wrote:
Flail wrote:
Tex wrote:

Then was Paul converted to heterosexuality?
Tex: No...He was now an Apostles of Christ. No more women or men for him.
Only children
Tex: Sorry....No children too.

99percentatheism
Banned
Banned

Post #20

Post by 99percentatheism »

Yes it matters. The intense evil of the gay pride movement, attcahed to the rabid anti-Christian goals of the new atheist endeavors, yoked to the apostates that want to develope a detestable version of Christianty and demand that that is "equal" to the faith delivered only once to the Saints makes the day to day life of the Christian almost as precarious as it was when these linds of people hunted them down in Rome during the first few centuries.