Is the new morality acceptable in Christian conduct today?

Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

t
Student

Post #1

Post by t »

chrispalasz
Scholar

Post #11

Post by chrispalasz »

Im thinking that christians today feel that tight cloths, jeans, shorts alot of provocative cloths are being worn to church and its ok.

Christianity has spread a lot. There are many new believers... but there are many false believers also. It is hard to know the line, sometimes. While it is true that we are redeemed and saved by Grace through Faith (Ephesians 2:8), we also recognize other Christians, not through what they SAY... but through what they DO.

Faith in Jesus yeilds Justification + Good Works

That's how we know true Christians. The Holy Spirit, through their personal relationship with God, convicts them and causes them to produce good works. Sure, we all make mistakes and sin - that is a Christian's greatest proclamation, so that doesn't mean we're not Christians... but rather, it's whether or not we get back up and FIGHT our sin that shows our Christianity. A person that does not fight their sin and does not persevere... does not have the Holy Spirit and is not a Christian.

Tight jeans, tight/revealing cloths, short shorts... are NOT okay. It is part of the curse for women from the fall:

Genesis 3:16-17
16 To the woman he said, "I will surely multiply your pain in childbearing;
in pain you shall bring forth children.
Your desire shall be for your husband,
and he shall rule over you."

Women do these things through their sinful nature to attract men because they desire attention. It's inherent. But this "new morality" as you call it is just sin slipping into the Church. In or outside of church, it is wrong.

1 Timothy 2:9-10
9 likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, 10 but with what is proper for women who profess godliness--with good works.
...The singing is turning into only feel good music.

I did not say it was religion approved, its the new Christian conduct.
These things are not the new Christian conduct. These are aspects of our sinful human nature... the world... and non-Christianity that seep into the Church. Some people don't understand that Faith is the knowledge of God's existence and an acceptance of Jesus' sacrifice. They see that Christ has brought people joy, and they want some - but they also want the world and their sin. You cannot have it both ways! - (Luke 9:62)
Things that were not ok 10 years ago seems to be ok today. Mabe I should change the topic to feel good religion, and wear what you want when you want. The situation the kids say is different then when I was a kid, and the question is, is it really?
Things are not different. The Bible says the same thing it did 10 years ago... 1400 years ago. God's Word is there. Like I said, the problem is with the growing popularity of Christianity.

Not everyone that claims to be a Christian IS a Christian. And that's that. This "Health and Wealth" or "Feel Good" Christianity is the work of Satan.

Matthew 7:21-23
21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' 23 And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.'

1 John 2:3-6
3 And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. 4 Whoever says "I know him" but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, 5 but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may be sure that we are in him: 6 whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which He walked.

I hope that sort of clears up the answer.