Is Marco Rubio sincere in his use of religion?

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

Is Marco Rubio correct to wear his religion on his sleeve?

Yes
20%
No
80%

Total votes: 5

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Is Marco Rubio sincere in his use of religion?

Post #1

Post by 2Dbunk »

The Iowa Caucuses are over. The top three Republican contenders all referenced their religion in their speeches last night. Marco Rubio was more excessive in beseeching God and Jesus than the others. We are seeing more and more of this in election campaigning.

Questions for debate: 1. Is this appropriate behavior? 2. Does Mathew 5-6 cover such personal aggrandizement masquerading as humility and beseeching? 3. Is this a mockery of the political process knowing full well that pretense could be hiding behind the shield of "goodness?"

Donray
Guru

Post #11

Post by Donray »

[Replying to post 10 by Hector Barbosa]

Tell me how many millions you have made so far with your lack of education? Bet you never had thousands of employees.

Almost all presidents never had a job other then live off the tax payers. Obama never worked for a company that had to make money.

Trump is a duly elected president so people must believe or hate what Obama and the democrats have done. Don't give me the thing about popular vote. Do you want California and New York to elect the president and forget what the other states think?

Hector Barbosa
Apprentice

Post #12

Post by Hector Barbosa »

[Replying to post 11 by Donray]

haha...well first of how many millions has Trump actually EARNED vs what he has inherited?

Is the only purpose of education to make money? If so then there are uneducated prostitutes who makes more than others do with a 4 year degree, and far more dictators who do.

Your argument that Trump is a duly elected president, is no argument at all really, for so was Adolf Hitler.

So no I don't care about the thing about popular vote either, that is a non-factor for me too in this argument. I argue against Trump as educated and a president because he is dishonest and says many things which are obviously false to most at least outside of the US.

You ask
Do you want California and New York to elect the president and forget what the other states think?
Only if they wish to become their own nation :) Otherwise no ;)

But I think the system of electoral votes is a bad and unfair one, which would only work properly if many of the bigger states were split to become smaller.

Especially California, New York, Florida and Texas.

If I was an American and not after a economic power which was about stealing from other nations and then sell them back the junk they produce, then i would be very unsatisfied with the injustice of how little my vote would matter less in states like California.

But that's just me. I do not live in California, and unless laws change I likely never will.

Donray
Guru

Post #13

Post by Donray »

Hector Barbosa wrote: [Replying to post 11 by Donray]

haha...well first of how many millions has Trump actually EARNED vs what he has inherited?
Since you seem to think you know. why don't you say what it is and provide proof?

Bet you don't.

Again, how many people have you employed in your business. NONE. You worked for others and could have worked for Trump business.

At least you admit the Trump was elected according to the constitution\. The people have spoken.

Hector Barbosa
Apprentice

Post #14

Post by Hector Barbosa »

[Replying to post 13 by Donray]

I have not claimed I did. But before I do why don't you state what you will bet? Do you think you know?
Last edited by Hector Barbosa on Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hector Barbosa
Apprentice

Post #15

Post by Hector Barbosa »

[Replying to post 13 by Donray]

Sound like your desire to bet about the point is because you think you know.

PS. By the way. How do I delete my post? For some reason I got this post posted twice and that was not my intention.

Donray
Guru

Post #16

Post by Donray »

[Replying to post 14 by Hector Barbosa]

Just as I thought, just you and your BS.

Hector Barbosa
Apprentice

Post #17

Post by Hector Barbosa »

[Replying to Donray]

You are the one with the BS, you could not even answer my question, or tell me what you would bet, nor could you explain you knew more on the topic.

You could not even defend against the valid arguments I made about Trump being dishonest, and there being no proof of him having made the millions he claims. In fact many sources claims that he inherited most of what he has, and has filed for bankruptcy.

All you gave was "feeling words" and they will never hold in neither law, logic or a grown up argument.

But anyway assuming this a site for grown-ups, lets leave it be since you seem to be more interested in having your feelings validated, than make an actual intellectual argument. And while that explain why you connect Trump with education and somehow things that is a compliment to atheists, it is not the reason I came here.

Anyway we will let it be, and I will note not to debate you in the future.