Jesus didnot resurrect himself.

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

dio9
Under Probation

Jesus didnot resurrect himself.

Post #1

Post by dio9 »

Jesus did not resurrect himself , It was God who resurrected him.

agree , disagree?

Blastcat
Banned
Banned

Re: Jesus didnot resurrect himself.

Post #41

Post by Blastcat »

[Replying to post 40 by onewithhim]

[center]God can be at his own right hand if He wants ta:
Part Three: Question 1) Metaphorical vs. Literal[/center]

Hi onewithhim,

It's very impressive to me when someone takes the considerable effort to attend to all of my questions the way that you just did. I applaud this kind of debating.

So, KUDOS.
I really welcome exchanges of ideas like this.

Having said that, I realize that I do ask a lot of questions. In order for your answers to have the attention that THEY deserve, I'm going to break down my responses 1 question per post.

7 answers to 7 questions, 7 replies.
I'm used to throwing lots of questions in the hopes that at least SOME might be answered. IF more and more people answer them ALL.... I'd better start focusing on ONE AT A TIME... instead of a ton of them.

We can be writing a book here, you and I.

In fact.. that's not a bad idea, really.......

Let's get on with the show.. starting with my question number 1:

Blastcat wrote: ____________

Question:

• 1. How did you determine that the expression "At his own right hand" is NOT a metaphorical statement of some kind, to be interpreted by us.. in our own unique ways?

By the way, since we haven't interacted very much before, I have to tell you that Blastcat gets real excited about agreements with theists in here.. so WOOHOOOO !!!

To me, every agreement counts.
Good debating.

onewithhim wrote:
He might be located somewhere near the Most High, Jehovah, the Father, and yet can still be referred to as being at His right hand.
Yes, I have no problem with any kind of metaphorical meaning. We can and do make those up all the time.

But if you are talking about ACTUAL locations.. I do have a problem:

I'm a little confused by that because gods and other supernatural beings aren't usually thought of as occupying a PHYSICAL place, where something can be next to something else. No bodies, no place.

Again, I think that when we are talking about a Heaven, or a Hell, we might JUST be talking about ... metaphorical or allegorical places. Not real, physical places.

If you are talking about a physical place.. with physical beings.. they would be something like humans who live on a planet.. something like that.

So your mention of Jesus being "located" somewhere confuses me.
Usually we need a quite physical realm to talk about locations.

onewithhim wrote:
Still, a person cannot be beside himself at his own right hand.
Not if we take "beside himself" literally, of course not. I agree.
But if we take "beside himself" metaphorically, there is no problem at all.

You might have heard the metaphorical expression "he is quite beside himself"... Remember, I think that we agree that the expression "right hand" might be metaphorical... If so, then yes, one can be beside ones' self, metaphorically speaking.

I am quite often that... :)

onewithhim wrote:
The two are clearly separate Persons. 1 + 1 does not equal 3, nevermind that Jesus is not equal to the Father.
I agree that not all Christians believe in the holy trinity...
I suppose what you are describing here is your belief about the nature of Jesus and the father god.

I think the trinity has three parts, not two: "father son and holy ghost".. so 1+1+1=3 AND supposedly =1 at the very same time, which is mathematically and logically invalid.

I'm not thinking that you are trinitarian at this time.

:)

Freethinker43
Student

Post #42

Post by Freethinker43 »

No, he didn't. one could probably argue that his disciples resurrected him https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/go ... 6ac55caca8. It became part of a great narrative that explores God's love as it's manifested to each and every one of us.