Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

marakorpa
Banned
Banned

Jesus swiped from Church advertising

Post #1

Post by marakorpa »

The United Church Organization has removed any wording containing Jesus or any other Christian description in Australia.

The United Church is the third largest denomination in this country and are avoiding using any religious symbols in its logo and has even taken "Christ" out of any advertising.

"Daily Telegraph 2 Dec....Peter Worland, the executive director of United ....confessed the organization avoided using Christ in some advertising (All advertising apparently) because faith based organizations had been "Perceived negatively" since the Royal Commission...... (Into sex abuse in Churches and other organizations)

In my opinion if they are going to drop any claim to Christianity they should be de-registered as a Church. They can run but they can't hide!!!!!

tam
Savant

Post #2

Post by tam »

Peace to you marakorpa.

I'm not sure what you mean by the following:
They can run but they can't hide!!!!!
Why would you say that?

Peace again.

marakorpa
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by marakorpa »

[Replying to post 2 by tam]

The are to appear before the Royal Commission to answer why a 16 year old girl was allowed to be raped every night, and the perpetrators climbed through a window that was never repaired.

The Church, as I wrote that they wanted to distance themselves from any sexual abuse stigma, but.....They can run but they can't hide.

Look here.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/uni

tam
Savant

Post #4

Post by tam »

[Replying to post 3 by marakorpa]

I see.

Perhaps I was mistaken then in thinking that you were a JW. The Royal Commission recently investigated that religion and the sexual abuse that is a problem in that organization as well.

http://wiki.jw-archive.org/Australian+R ... hild+Abuse

http://www.childabuseroyalcommission.go ... tudy-No-29

I'm not disagreeing that it is a problem in other religions as well. Just for some reason thought you were a JW, and were perhaps ignoring that sexual abuse and the handling of sexual has been a problem in that religion as well.

Peace to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

marakorpa
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by marakorpa »

[Replying to post 4 by tam]

Interesting Video.

Even if Elders investigate child sexual abuse, the Elders are not in a position to send the matter to the police, but give strong advice to the victim and the victims guardians, be they parents or some other adult/s.

Have you ever tried to report something to the police that you are not directly involved in, they will tell you to send the 'victim' along to make a complaint.

I think the claim against the JWs is that they cover up Child Sexual abuse, and this is erroneous as the Royal Commission found out.

The situation with the Churches are that the hierarchy know what is going on and turn a blind eye to the matter. They move offending clergy to other areas where the clergy cannot control their desires and so they are moved again and again.

The people of the uniting were told about the girl I mentioned, but did not want it to become known, so they "Blindfolded" their minds to the matter.

The Church hired staff at the center where the girl was living knew about the rape and drugs supplied to the girl, and even took their turn having sex with the girl. A little bit different to what the JWs are accused of, don't you think.