Moderator: Moderators

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Any Trump Supporters Still on Board?

Post #1

Post by Tired of the Nonsense »

Even Fox News is abandoning ship.

Fox News
“Donald Trump’s vitriolic attacks against Megyn Kelly and his extreme, sick obsession with her is beneath the dignity of a presidential candidate who wants to occupy the highest office in the land. Megyn is an exemplary journalist and one of the leading anchors in America — we’re extremely proud of her phenomenal work and continue to fully support her throughout every day of Trump’s endless barrage of crude and sexist verbal assaults. As the mother of three young children, with a successful law career and the second highest rated show in cable news, it’s especially deplorable for her to be repeatedly abused just for doing her job.�
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/03 ... kelly.html

Image "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -- Albert Einstein -- Written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.

Danmark
Site Supporter

Re: Any Trump Supporters Still on Board?

Post #51

Post by Danmark »

[Replying to post 48 by WinePusher]

You've completely ignored the theme of this subtopic. Do you support Donald Trump? Should a Christian vote for him?

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #52

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to WinePusher]
Sigh...it's hard to know where to begin with this type of simplistic analysis.

First, part of the reason why the unemployment rate has dropped since 2010 is due to the fact that the labor force participation rate has also dropped (from 64.6% in Sep 2010 to 62.9% in Sep 2016). Projections indicate that the labor force participation rate will continue to drop over the upcoming years. Do you know what that means? It means that the unemployment rate is dropping partly due to the fact that people are dropping out of the labor force.
Recognizing what Danmark says is true, pardon me but I just can't give the above a pass. what do the water carriers do when confronted with obvious facts? They nuance the subject to death until everybody is yawning in confusion. This is typical Christian defense "lose them in the fog of obfuscation," but I digress.

What happens in a downturn and people lose their jobs? Yeah, they go on unemployment. Well, a goodly portion of that 1.5% difference in the labor force participation rate is made up of new "start ups." Rather than fall from the job market, people have the time and knowhow to avoid dumpster-diving and go out to compete in building a better mousetrap. To be sure, there will always be some that make money under-the-table doing, maybe, illegal and unsavory things, but there are many ways they will find to keep the wolf from the door.
What good is truth if its value is not more than unproven, handed-down faith?

One believes things because one is conditioned to believe them. -Aldous Huxley

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.

Strider324
Banned
Banned

Post #53

Post by Strider324 »

I note that Trump's consistent responses to the women that have reported his sexual assaults is NOT that he doesn't assault women, but only that he doesn't assault unattractive women. I think the media has so far missed that implication in his comments.
"Do Good for Good is Good to do. Spurn Bribe of Heaven and Threat of Hell"
- The Kasidah of Haji abdu al-Yezdi

Talishi
Guru

Post #54

Post by Talishi »

Strider324 wrote: I note that Trump's consistent responses to the women that have reported his sexual assaults is NOT that he doesn't assault women, but only that he doesn't assault unattractive women. I think the media has so far missed that implication in his comments.
Women voters have not, rest assured. Trump is saying women have no value unless they're attractive and if they are, their reward is that he may assault them. On the day of the second debate Trump trotted out Bill Clinton's accusers and said how important it was to take such accusations seriously. How long ago that now seems. Lou Dobbs tweeted one Trump accuser's address and phone number, in violation of the TOS. We're waiting for his account to be terminated.
Thank you for playing Debating Christianity & Religion!

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #55

Post by Divine Insight »

Strider324 wrote: I note that Trump's consistent responses to the women that have reported his sexual assaults is NOT that he doesn't assault women, but only that he doesn't assault unattractive women. I think the media has so far missed that implication in his comments.
I noticed that too. The media doesn't seem to be picking up on that one. But your right Trump digs his own hole when he says that a particular woman wouldn't be his first choice to molest. What an idiot. That only implies that he would molest a woman he thinks is attractive.

One thing about this whole sexual molestation side-track is that it is actually working in Trump's favor in some ways. His surrogates and supporters are starting to act like Trump would be the "Perfect President" if it wasn't for these sexual perversion allegations. But that's extremely false.

Trump was already unfit to be president long before the Hollywood bus video came out where trump confesses his sexual behavior in his own voice.

Trump thinks that he can solve all of America's problems by doing the following:

1. Kicking out, or degrading all Mexicans and Latinos. Including those who were born in American and have even become judges.

2. Kicking out or degrading all Muslims. Including Gold Star Families of American Muslim soldiers who died to protect the freedoms of America.

3. Using random stop and frisk to put more blacks in jail in an attempt to keep his promise that he will stop violence in black neighbors.

4. Destroying the world economic system in favor of trying to move all manufacturing back to America.

5. Destroying the environment by removing restrictions on companies in the USA to allow the fossil fuel industries to go wild. He even wants to revoke the Paris Climate Change agreements.

6. Then he wants to build walls along our borders to isolate the USA from the rest of the world. He doesn't seem to realize that we need a global society. We can't just try to wall off the rest of the world and pretend it doesn't' exist.

7. He wants to break all ties with our allies and climb in bed with dictators like Putin.

8. He thinks he's smarter than our generals.

Trump was an extremely unfit candidate long before the video of his self-confession of also being a sexual pervert came out. Yet his surrogates and supporters seem to act now like if these sexual assault charges could be made to go away Trump would then be perfect. That's hardly the case.

Trump would be unfit for president even if he wasn't a sex pervert.

Don't forget his mocking of a disabled reporter too!

The man is unfit to be president. Period.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Talishi
Guru

Post #56

Post by Talishi »

[Replying to post 53 by Divine Insight]

Trump lost the folks at Bloomberg Surveillance when he said he would zero out the US debt by declaring our treasuries void. Other countries have come to view our paper as gold. If he wins November 8, the financial world will panic.
Thank you for playing Debating Christianity & Religion!

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #57

Post by DanieltheDragon »

Trump is just an idiot, it really is appalling how many people still support him.

For example he wants to slash taxes to insane new lows that would heavily impact tax revenue, while claiming to balance the budget and increase spending.

The only way we can cut taxes is by reducing military spending in conjunction. Not with accross the board cuts but with a smart, efficient, and pragmatic approach.
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

Yahu
Banned
Banned

Post #58

Post by Yahu »

Elijah John wrote: [Replying to post 9 by Divine Insight]

It's called enforcement Obama loves stuff like sanctuary cities. The Obama administration sued the state of Arizona for attempting to enforce it's borders.

The Obama administration paid Iran ransom money. 400 million I think it was.

I don't agree with a complete Muslim ban, but Trump seems to be backing off a bit in favor of "extreme vetting".

Also, part of the PC nonsense I listed above and forgot to add is siding with Israel's enemies, on college campuses, the Palestinians get far more sympathy than does Israel.

And Obama has been caught on a live mic saying disparaging things about one of my heroes, Benjamin Netanyahu.

Obama is part of the problem, and his administration, (Hillary) should not be voted in again.

Hillary does not have a good record, email insecurity, and lying to the families of Benghazi victims.

Disgusting.

Hillary is an extention of Obama, as is John Kerry.

Trump isn't the best, but he is the only realistic alternative to Hillary.

I could understand why someone might want to sit out this election, but I cannot understand why anyone should vote for Hillary.
I am not really a Trump fan, but I would vote for nearly anyone running against Hillary. IMO she isn't fit to be elected local dog catcher. Granted I would have a hard time voting for any democrat.

Our Governor started out in Congress as a democrat but once he got into national politics he switched to Republican then became the Ga Governor. When he ran for congress the 1st time as a democrat, my brother was running against him. Even the old school southern democrats can't stomach the nation democrats platform.

As a veteran, I would hate to still be in the military with Hillary as commander and chief.

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #59

Post by Danmark »

Yahu wrote: I am not really a Trump fan, but I would vote for nearly anyone running against Hillary.
Consider how ridiculous this statement is. "Nearly anyone?" A mentally retarded serial killer would get your vote? Adolf Hitler would get your vote? Any of the world's mass murderers would get your vote?

A vile narcissistic sociopath who hates women and is a racist would get your vote. That is who Donald Trump is. Trump would plunge the world into nuclear war and end all life on this planet rather than admit he's wrong. He lies three or four times more often than Hillary, but he gets your vote. He disgraced himself at the charity dinner with his vile and dishonest comments, his meanness, his anti Christian hatefulness, but he gets your vote.

Monta
Guru

Post #60

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 56 by Yahu]

"As a veteran, I would hate to still be in the military with Hillary as commander and chief."

As a veteran you would know more about politics than most.
It is politicains who send us to war and veterans are in a position
to evaluate ins and outs what of what's going on.