Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

WebersHome
Guru

Where Is Mother Teresa Now?

Post #1

Post by WebersHome »

[font=Verdana]-
â—� John 5:24 . . Amen, amen, I say to you: whoever hears my word, and believes in the one who sent me, has eternal life and will not come to condemnation, but has passed from death to life.

â—� Heb 11:6 . .Without faith it is impossible to please Him, for anyone who approaches God must believe that He exists

According to Teresa's private letters; written to spiritual counselors during her five decades in India, she was never really sure there's a God out there.

Teresa's deplorable spiritual condition is shocking, and very difficult to believe, but it's a matter of public record now in a book called:

Mother Teresa / Come Be My Light
The Private Writings of the "Saint of Calcutta"

Edited with commentary by Brian Kolodiejchuk, M.C.
ISBN 978-0-385-52037-9

Father Kolodiejchuk is not one of Teresa's enemies. When the book was published, he was director of the Mother Teresa Center and a postulator for her sainthood.

In reality Teresa was an agnostic; which can be defined as a person who does not have a definite belief about whether God exists or not.

Well; according to John 5:24 and Heb 11:6, agnostics should prepare themselves for the worst when they cross over to the other side. I've no doubt Rome's theologians know this but went ahead and canonized her anyway.

/
[/font]

WebersHome
Guru

Re: Where Is Mother Teresa Now?

Post #21

Post by WebersHome »

[font=Verdana]-
Critics like Christopher Hitchens typically focus upon Teresa's practices. Well; in my opinion, a focus in that direction is entertaining but quite useless for Christ's followers. I chose to focus upon the supernatural aspects of Teresa's religion instead because it's the supernatural aspects that matter the most; for example:

†. John 14:23 . . Whoever loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him.

Did Jesus and his Father make their dwelling with Teresa and express their love for her in ways she could understand and appreciate? No; that poor woman endured virtually five decades yearning for even the slightest glimmer of their presence.

And then there's this too:

†. 1John 1:3 . .What we have seen and heard we proclaim now to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; for our fellowship is with the Father and with His son, Jesus Christ.

Teresa's fellowship with the Father and with His son Jesus Christ wasn't even marginal; it was non-existent.

And these:

†. John 14:16-18 . . I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Counselor to be with you forever-- the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for He lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

†. Rom 8:16 . .The Spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

Teresa longed and longed for a connect with Christ and his Father in the manner described in those two passages but it never happened.

Now, of course an irreligious critic like Hitchens would not be interested in the supernatural aspects of Teresa's religion because it's all just myth and hocus pocus to guys like him. But those of us serious about connecting with Christ and his Father would quite naturally be very interested because in the backs of our minds we all fear the event depicted at Rev 20:11-15 and the possibility of facing death akin to a foundry worker falling into a vat of molten iron.

/
[/font]

Divine Insight
Savant

Re: Where Is Mother Teresa Now?

Post #22

Post by Divine Insight »

WebersHome wrote: Now, of course an irreligious critic like Hitchens would not be interested in the supernatural aspects of Teresa's religion because it's all just myth and hocus pocus to guys like him. But those of us serious about connecting with Christ and his Father would quite naturally be very interested because in the backs of our minds we all fear the event depicted at Rev 20:11-15 and the possibility of facing death akin to a foundry worker falling into a vat of molten iron.
If you long to connect with Christ and you fear damnation then why do you violate Christ's directives? Didn't Christ teach not to bear false witness against your neighbor? Yet here you are making all manner of personal accusations against Mother Teresa's sincerity when you can't possibly know her motivations. Everything you claim about Mother Teresa's motivations and beliefs is nothing more than your own personal opinions.

Also, have you ever read Luke 6:37?

Why would you judge and condemn Mother Teresa if you fear being judged and condemned yourself? You're leaving yourself wide open to be condemned.

If I believed that Jesus was real I would never judge anyone. I don't judge other people in any case so ironically I'd be safe even if Jesus was real. But if I actually believed in Jesus that would be all the more reason not to judge others.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Monta
Guru

Post #23

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 12 by Divine Insight]

"Remember Jesus taught that those who believe in him need only lay their hands on the sick and they will recover. Therefore, based on your proposed seminary teaching[/i] any missionary who lays their hands on a sick person and the person does not recover, should immediately abandon their mission with confidence that Christ is not taking part in their mission and can't have anything to do with it. "

Shallow interpretation.
To take it literally is to see man as body alone, nothing inside.
Under this scenario no one will ever die because someone will come and heal you.

A loving hand is a blessing from heaven if you are hungry or beaten by life or dying alone.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #24

Post by Divine Insight »

Monta wrote: [Replying to post 12 by Divine Insight]

"Remember Jesus taught that those who believe in him need only lay their hands on the sick and they will recover. Therefore, based on your proposed seminary teaching[/i] any missionary who lays their hands on a sick person and the person does not recover, should immediately abandon their mission with confidence that Christ is not taking part in their mission and can't have anything to do with it. "

Shallow interpretation.
To take it literally is to see man as body alone, nothing inside.
Under this scenario no one will ever die because someone will come and heal you.

A loving hand is a blessing from heaven if you are hungry or beaten by life or dying alone.

There are several problems with your interpretation.

The first problem is that Jesus went around healing the physically sick, not the spiritually sick. Remember?

Also, if Christians could lay their hands on the "spiritually sick" and magically cure them, then this would open up a whole can of worms.

For one thing this would mean that the spiritually sick people themselves would not be properly repenting, but instead would just be miraculously saved by the Christians having simply laid their hands on them.

Also Jesus told them to specifically heal the physically sick.

Mark 10:
[7] And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
[8] Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Leprosy was a physical disease not a spiritual disease. Also raising the dead is a physical miracle too. In fact, raising people from the dead defies the whole idea that God is supposed to be the one who decides when it's time for someone to die, not Christian missionaries.

I don't think this religion has a prayer in the world.

And besides, why bother bringing these things up in this thread? Are you supporting the idea that Christians should judge and condemn Mother Teresa? That's really what this thread is all about.

In fact, if you want to speak about Mother Teresa potentially "healing souls" who were then saved, how could anyone claim that Mother Teresa wasn't responsible for saving more souls than any other disciple of Jesus?

You wouldn't be able to tell how successful she might have been. She might have been the greatest saint who ever walked the face of the Earth.

If I were a Christian I sure as heck wouldn't go around judging canonized saints. That seems to be inviting the wrath of God big time.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Monta
Guru

Post #25

Post by Monta »

Divine Insight wrote:
There are several problems with your interpretation.

The first problem is that Jesus went around healing the physically sick, not the spiritually sick. Remember?

>>By correspondence every healing that Jesus performed had deeper significance. Blind man was healed form physical and spiritual blindness incl. all the other miracles.

Also, if Christians could lay their hands on the "spiritually sick" and magically cure them, then this would open up a whole can of worms.

>>Christians and others are doing it all the time; this is what sustains any normality on earth.

For one thing this would mean that the spiritually sick people themselves would not be properly repenting, but instead would just be miraculously saved by the Christians having simply laid their hands on them.

>>Salvation is from God alone.

And besides, why bother bringing these things up in this thread? Are you supporting the idea that Christians should judge and condemn Mother Teresa? That's really what this thread is all about.

>>I brought it up in response to what you wrote:
"Remember Jesus taught that those who believe in him need only lay their hands on the sick and they will recover. Therefore, based on your proposed seminary teaching[/i] any missionary who lays their hands on a sick person and the person does not recover,..."

In fact, if you want to speak about Mother Teresa potentially "healing souls" who were then saved, how could anyone claim that Mother Teresa wasn't responsible for saving more souls than any other disciple of Jesus?

If I were a Christian I sure as heck wouldn't go around judging canonized saints. That seems to be inviting the wrath of God big time.

>>I have never made a comment or insinuated anything re-MotherT. As I said this was response to what you said.

WebersHome
Guru

Post #26

Post by WebersHome »

[font=Verdana]-
Here's a supernatural aspect of Christianity that isn't talked about much.

â—� Rom 8:15 . . For you have not received a spirit of slavery again to fear; but you have received a spirit of adoption, whereby we call out: Abba, Father!

Abba is an Aramaic word. It refers to one's male parent but not as an ordinary noun. It's a filial vocative.

For example: When my son points me out to one of his friends and says "That's my dad over there." he's not using dad as a vocative. But when he shouts "Hey dad, I'm over here!" then he's using dad to get my attention. That's a vocative.

Rom 8:15 is saying that the spirit of adoption compels "we" to call out to a father rather than a mother. So then, people who feel compelled to call out to Jesus' mom instead of his Father, are not the Father's children because the spirit of adoption would never compel them to do that.

The spirit of adoption, as it turns out, is the spirit of God's son.

â—� Gal 4:6 . . As proof that you are children, God sent the spirit of His son into our hearts, crying out: Abba, Father!

The spirit of His son compels the Father's children to pray to Jesus' Father, never to his mother because Jesus was not in the habit of praying to his mother; rather, he prayed to his Father. So then, people compelled by the spirit of His son will address their prayers to Jesus' Father same as he did, and this is the "proof that you are children". Ergo: people in the habit of praying to Jesus' mom evidence the fact that they are not the Father's children.

What does that tell us about Mother Teresa and her devotion to Jesus' mother? Well obviously the reason she was in the habit of addressing prayers to Mary was because she didn't have the spirit of His son in her heart; and Teresa knew it too.

"The place of God in my soul is blank-- There is no God in me-- He is not there-- God does not want me"

People lacking the spirit of His son are not His son's sheep.

â—� Rom 8:9 . . If anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

/
[/font]

WebersHome
Guru

Post #27

Post by WebersHome »

[font=Verdana]-
Teresa was uncommonly perceptive. She was somehow aware that the place in her soul for God was blank, that there was no God in her; and that He was not there. I dare say most Christians don't know, nor do they care to know: preferring instead to leave it up in the air and wait to find out later on down the road at the great white throne event depicted at Rev 20:11-15. But it is God's wishes that each individual Christian take the initiative to certify the presence of Christ in their souls now instead of waiting till later.

â—� 2Cor 13:5 . . Examine yourselves to see whether you are living in faith. Test yourselves. Do you not realize that Jesus Christ is in you? --unless, of course, you fail the test.

/
[/font]

WebersHome
Guru

Post #28

Post by WebersHome »

[font=Verdana]-
An "expert witness" can be defined as: A witness, who by virtue of education, training, skill, or experience, is believed to have knowledge in a particular subject beyond that of the average person, sufficient that others may officially (and legally) rely upon the witness's specialized (scientific, technical or other) opinion about an evidence or fact issue within the scope of their expertise, referred to as the expert opinion, as an assistance to the fact-finder.

According to God's testimony-- as an expert witness in all matters pertaining to Christianity --people lacking eternal life are lacking it because they lack God's son; in other words: they are quite christless; and His testimony applies to Christians as well as non Christians.

â—� 1John 5:11-12 . . This is what God has testified: He has given us eternal life, and this life is in His son. So whoever has God's son has this life; and whosoever does not have this life, does not have His son.

How many christless Christians am I talking about? Well, for starters: as of 2014 there were approximately 1.226 billion Roman Catholics worldwide who were taught that nobody, not even the Pope, obtains eternal life until they pass on. Well, if 1John 5:11-12 is true-- viz: if God knows what He's talking about --then all 1.226 billion of those Catholics in 2014 were christless. And that was a very serious situation.

â—� Rom 8:9 . . Whoever does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to Christ.

This means that every time a Catholic in 2014 said: "the Lord is my shepherd" they were saying something about themselves that wasn't true.

/
[/font]

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #29

Post by OnceConvinced »

Can you imagine it? You’re up there in Heaven and you’re trying to have a good time, but you know that you own children right now are writhing in intense agony in Hell. How do you think you’re going to have a good time in Heaven with that knowledge? How do you think you’ll feel towards the guy who sentenced your beloved children to that suffering? Let’s get real here… Probably not too warmly.

Also just think about how boring it will be. There are only a finite number of facts to learn, so you can’t keep on learning and discovering new things, which is one of the things that makes life exciting. After several billion years you’ll have learnt everything there is to learn and done everything there is to do. A few zillion years after that, you’ll just be repeating the same old stuff over and over. You’ll be begging the almighty for death!

And what will you talk about at dinner parties? What's a party without a bit of juicy gossip? But there will no gossip, because that's a sin. In fact nobody will do anything bad at all, so there will be nothing to gossip about. What will we talk about? The weather?

'Oh Frannie, wasn't it lovely weather we had yesterday?'
'Oh yes, it was fantastic weather.'
'And didn't we have great weather the day before too?'
'Fabulous!'
'And the day before that. And the day before that.'
'Yes, we get wonderful weather every day here in Heaven, don't we?'

Let's face it, most of what we talk about comes as a result of sin, pain, suffering and the stupid things humans do.

'Wow, isn't Frank such a nice guy?'
'Yes, he's a wonderful guy, there's just nothing bad I can say about him. He's so thoughtful and kind.'
'What a guy. Oh and how about that Jill?'
'She's lovely. Such a wonderful lady.'
'As nice as Hannah?'
'She's just as nice as Hannah.'

Imagine it. There will be no complaining about your asshole boss...

'Jesus picked me to kiss his feet today!'
'That's wonderful, you are so lucky. I look forward to the day when it will be my turn to kiss his wonderful feet.'

…There will be no bratty kids to tell stories about...

'Nancy did you see what little Roger did yesterday? He ate all his vegetables without being told.'
'I know, he's been doing that for the last million years. So nothing's changed then?'
'No, he's still just as good at eating his vegetables.'

'That little boy from down the road was playing around in my yard yesterday! He weeded the garden and watered the plants.'
'Like he does every week?'
'Yes!'
'I don't know, kids today, they're always to thoughtful.'

…No whinging about the next door neighbours...

'How's that next door neighbour of yours?'
'Jack? He's great. He was playing his worship music too loud last night and I asked him to turn it down. Guess what? He turned it down!'
'How considerate of him!'
'Yes, he's a very considerate person.'

…No whining about the mother in law…

'I just love my mother in law, she's so lovely.'
'But isn't she always around? When do you get time alone with your wife?'
'But she's so wonderful, why would I ever not want her around?'

There will be no stories of hardship and danger to tell.

'I was driving into town this morning and there was this man in this car driving towards me! And he just stopped and gave way to me!'
'Yeah, drivers are like that here in Heaven. Totally considerate and courteous. So what happened after that?'
'I arrived at town.'
'Oh, so like the other billion times you drove into town then?'
'Yep!'

Without those things we'd have nothing to talk about. Conversation would be totally boring.

'Wow, John, wasn't this morning's worship service amazing? I get such a kick out of spending hours every day at God's feet, worshipping him. It was just so amazing this morning, I just had this astounding feeling as I worshipped him, it was phenomenal!'
'Yeah, yeah, I was there remember? I know! We all get that same thing. And it happened yesterday and the day before that and the day before that and the day before that! You've been telling me this, every day for the last million bloody years. How about we talk about something else for a change?'
'Like what?'
'Well... how about the amazing day we spent out enjoying God's creation yesterday?'
'Oh you mean like the days we've had for the last 10 billion years?'
'Yes! Isn't it wonderful?'
'It sure is! Sigh....'

Eternal life in Heaven isn’t going to be all it’s cracked up to be. In fact it looks like it will be quite the curse.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World