Questions for Christians

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

X-Christian
Student

Questions for Christians

Post #1

Post by X-Christian »

I have a couple of questions for Christians.
1 - if god is all knowing then he knew before time began who would accept him or could even possibly have ever heard of him. There's too many religions on this planet as of right now that doesn't even know the name jesus even exist. This is not including the billions people that has died believing in the god of their time based off of the geographical location they were born in. Just liked Christians. Since jesus said that he is the only way to god and since god is all knowing then he knew before time began who he was sending to hell to be burned. Sounds like an evil dictator. Personally, id rather had not been born then to be born by God but predestined for hell. And any response that disagrees and says he still gives me the choice totally takes away the claim that he's all knowing.
2nd question is why didn't gods curse for Satan to slither on his belly and only eat dust in the garden didn't stick? We obviously see Satan walking around in the book of job. He was standing with Jesus when he offered him the kingdom after jesus's baptism and he's all over revelation walking around. What happened to God's curse? Apparently god isn't as powerful as Christians say?

Elijah John
Savant

Post #71

Post by Elijah John »

rosary wrote:
I don't understand, do majority of posts here just come to be, because one finds it funny to challenge, mock belief or genuinely want to learn about faith? If it is following, that's ok. All other are plain evil. Do you have to be evil? You can choose to question yourself that. You can choose not to be evil. God bless you all!
:warning: Moderator Warning

Rosary, this is a debating site, not "Catholic answers". Understand that folks from all points of view come here, and you too are wecome to advocate for your point of view...through debate not preaching. Do not suggest in any way that those who dispute or challenge RCC teachings are "evil".

That is considered a personal attack here.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Kenisaw
Guru

Re: Questions for Christians

Post #72

Post by Kenisaw »

rosary wrote:
There is hell, yes. There is purgatory and there is heaven. Really these are all questions that answers can be found here.

You asked them. You clearly want to know about faith. Here are your answers.

Go look for them there.
You claim there is a hell and a purgatory? Great, prove they exist. Let's see some empirical evidence to substantiate your claim.

PghPanther
Guru

Re: Questions for Christians

Post #73

Post by PghPanther »

Claire Evans wrote:
X-Christian wrote: [Replying to post 3 by ttruscott]

If Adam sinned, us as well, because of free will then did God take away our Free Will in Heaven? If we have free will in heaven then we will be able to sin. And to argue that we won't want to sin in heaven means that God took away the desire of anything I have and stripped me of my free will. So the other argument is that if we don't have free will then Adam could only do what he did because he was predestined to do it. Sin is a byproduct of free will.
I believe that free will only existed because of Satan's presence which was always here. Without evil in the world, there would be no need for free will as one can't choose something that doesn't exist. Therefore how can one choose evil in heaven? Free will is not being stripped. It just doesn't exist in heaven because there is no evil.

X-Christian wrote: If God was intelligent he would have sent Jesus over to China that were intelligent and could read and write at the time.
Buddhism was the Chinese religion back 2000 years ago. Buddhists don't believe in God so Jesus would not have gotten far claiming to be the Son of God.
No evil in heaven?

Let's see Satan was a created being of God's in heaven...........and he uh.........well had a problem while in heaven and started the whole evil scenario while there!

and on top of it would go back there in heaven and wander around challenging God like in the Job story.......

No evil in heaven?

That is where it started!