How would you react to Adam and Eve?

Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

OnceConvinced
Savant

How would you react to Adam and Eve?

Post #1

Post by OnceConvinced »

Adam and Steve... I mean Eve... were supposedly responsible for the fall of man. Due to their disobedience all of mankind was cast out of the Garden of Eden and suffering was piled upon them. Some even believe that sin corrupted the world and animals that were once herbivores became carnivores. Animals that were once harmless became venomous. Some believe that viruses and disease sprouted up as a result of sin entering creation.

Adam and Eve were the ones responsible for this, so surely everyone should be enraged at them? When you get to Heaven, surely, you will want to kick their asses for being so stupid and sentencing mankind to suffering on Earth?

Or do you see them as innocent beings in a dirty trick played by God? That God set them up to fail? Do you see God as the one responsible for all the suffering, so you don't blame Adam and Eve for what's happened?

Or perhaps you are even delighted that Adam and Eve did what they did, because you got to live a pretty cool life on a pretty cool planet. So you are grateful for their disobedience?

What do you think of Adam and Eve?

How would YOU react to Adam and Eve if you met them in Heaven?

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Re: How would you react to Adam and Eve?

Post #101

Post by ttruscott »

OnceConvinced wrote:
X-Christian wrote: Personally, id rather had not been born then to be born by God but predestined for hell.
I can go along with this for sure. Christians also say that God would never violate our freewill. I would personally rather he violated my freewill and prevented me from doing acts that will have me cast into Hell, then to have freewill and be cast into Hell.
I concur that HE could have kept hell empty by not giving us free will or not keeping free will sacrosanct but without a free will then such persons are incapable of truly loving, being righteous or having a true marriage since they can only do what they are programmed to do, with no idea that they could do what they want to do if they had a free will.

Since HE wanted to have a marriage relationship with HIS creation, full of holy, loving communion, HE pretty well needed to give us free will and sadly accept the consequences that some would misuse their free will to their destruction.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Closingaccountreadgmailna
Student

Post #102

Post by Closingaccountreadgmailna »

OnceConvinced wrote: Adam and Steve... I mean Eve... were supposedly responsible for the fall of man. Due to their disobedience all of mankind was cast out of the Garden of Eden and suffering was piled upon them. Some even believe that sin corrupted the world and animals that were once herbivores became carnivores. Animals that were once harmless became venomous. Some believe that viruses and disease sprouted up as a result of sin entering creation.

Adam and Eve were the ones responsible for this, so surely everyone should be enraged at them? When you get to Heaven, surely, you will want to kick their asses for being so stupid and sentencing mankind to suffering on Earth?

Or do you see them as innocent beings in a dirty trick played by God? That God set them up to fail? Do you see God as the one responsible for all the suffering, so you don't blame Adam and Eve for what's happened?

Or perhaps you are even delighted that Adam and Eve did what they did, because you got to live a pretty cool life on a pretty cool planet. So you are grateful for their disobedience?

What do you think of Adam and Eve?

How would YOU react to Adam and Eve if you met them in Heaven?
Praise God He sent us Jesus, to give us light and grace, in which we can repent and live to be Holy.

This if business does no good. Have an empty giggle at answers.

What do I think? I wish there would be no sin, I wish Adam and Eve would obey God, our Father. Thank God for Jesus, for He is perfect.

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Post #103

Post by rikuoamero »

[Replying to post 99 by rosary]

So let me get this straight.
Praise God He sent us Jesus, to give us light and grace, in which we can repent and live to be Holy.
You respond to an article talking about how these two people, Adam and Eve, screwed up (whether their own fault or being set up) and you say "Praise God, because we [who are not Adam and Eve] can repent"...
What do you have to repent for? What do I have to repent for?
What do I think? I wish there would be no sin, I wish Adam and Eve would obey God, our Father. Thank God for Jesus, for He is perfect.
But if Adam and Eve had obeyed God, then there'd have been no need for Jesus 'to give us light and grace'. You wouldn't be able to praise God for repenting.

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense

Taff Lafferty
Apprentice

Post #104

Post by Taff Lafferty »

There is no Heaven. Man created God, not everyone could share in the spoils, so man then created Heaven for those not getting the spoils immediately, but in Heaven you will be rewarded for your faith. People believe that shit.
Taff Lafferty

I see you