Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

WebersHome
Guru

A Time To Break The Commandments

Post #1

Post by WebersHome »

[font=Verdana]-
â—� Matt 8:21-22 . . Another disciple said to him: Lord, first let me go and bury my father. But Jesus told him: Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead.

The incident tells me that not all commandments are equal. In other words; the commandment to honor God trumps the commandment to honor one's parents.

â—� Deut 6:4-5 . . Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord is one! And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.

â—� Mark 12:28-30 . . One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him: Of all the commandments, which is the most important?

. . .The most important one; answered Jesus, is this: Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

However, unless following Christ is somehow, in some way, the same as following God, then Jesus was way out of line when he put himself ahead of that man's covenanted obligation to honor his father.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[/font]

Adstar
Under Probation

Re: A Time To Break The Commandments

Post #2

Post by Adstar »

[Replying to post 1 by WebersHome]

Well as we know Jesus is God..

WebersHome
Guru

Post #3

Post by WebersHome »

-
WebersHome wrote:[font=Georgia]unless following Christ is somehow, in some way, the same as following God, then Jesus was way out of line when he put himself ahead of that man's covenanted obligation to honor his father.[/font]
[font=Verdana]Following Christ is the same as following God because he spoke for God.

â—� John 3:34 . . For he is sent by God. He speaks God's words, for God's Spirit is upon him without measure or limit

â—� John 6:38 . . I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of Him who sent me.

â—� John 8:26 . . He that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of Him.

â—� John 8:28 . . I do nothing on my own initiative, but I speak these things as the Father taught me.

â—� John 8:29 . . He that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please Him.

â—� John 10:30 . . I and my Father are unified.

â—� John 12:49 . . I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, He gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

â—� John 14:24 . .The word which you hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me.

â—� Heb 1:1-2 . . In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by His son

â—� John 3:36 . . He who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[/font]